Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WWE have released a whole lot of people in 2021 and also Bryan Danielson left which is about to cause the biggest surge of talent that can be remembered. With a whole lot of interest in where people are going to land I thought it might be fun if we engaged in a little guessing game. Here's how this is going to work, for everyone who's been let go you're going to guess which promotion they're going to sign with (plus options for finishing the year as a freelancer or retiring). Every guess you get right will be worth 5 points and whoever wins gets to smugly proclaim themselves a scoopster of the highest regard!

Voting Form

Full List of Releases

- Lars Sullivan
- Steve Cutler
- LaSombra (Andrade)
- Wesley Blake
- Taylor Rotunda (Bo Dallas)
- Tucker
- Samuray Del Sol (Kallisto)
- Chelsea Green
- Mickie James
- KC Cassidy (Peyton Royce)
- Jessie McKay (Billie Kay)
- Samoa Joe
- Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan)
- Drake Younger (Drake Weurtz)
- Ezra Judge
- Kavita Devi
- Brandi Lauren
- Vanessa Borne
- Jessamyn Duke
- Alexander Wolfe
- Patrick Clarke (Velveteen Dream)
- Braun Strowman
- Tommy End (Aleister Black)
- Heidi Lovelace (Ruby Riott)
- CJ Perry (Lana)
- Buddy Murphy
- Santana Garrett

In the event more talent is released I'll open up voting for them as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I have already forgotten what I put in the form, but it shouldn't be too hard to remember my methodology.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

It wasn’t an option so I picked new Japan, but DBry is definitely goi my to be back in wwe by the end of the year.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Also I don’t think the form has an SA username field.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There’s no option for the correct answer that Daniel Bryan is 100% going back to WWE :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumbermouth posted:

Also I don’t think the form has an SA username field.

Ok the five people who already answered please hit me up so I can work out who's who :negative:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

e: wrong thread

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 2, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I specially added WWE as an option for Daniel Bryan so anyone who'd like me to switch their answer let me know

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I submitted one but I think I forgot a good chunk of mine. I think I had Lana and the Iiconics going to AEW and LaSombra to AAA, Braun and Lars Sullivan retired, and Velveteen Dream and Wuertz as freelancers.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If someone signs with a company as a coach and not an active wrestler does that still count as "retired"?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

If someone signs with a company as a coach and not an active wrestler does that still count as "retired"?

I'd count that as signing with the company

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Armitage posted:

I submitted one but I think I forgot a good chunk of mine. I think I had Lana and the Iiconics going to AEW and LaSombra to AAA, Braun and Lars Sullivan retired, and Velveteen Dream and Wuertz as freelancers.

Got'cha

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

I specially added WWE as an option for Daniel Bryan so anyone who'd like me to switch their answer let me know

Please do

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
Seems like "Prison" is the most like destination for two of these choices; but that's not technically a promotion.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NutShellBill posted:

Seems like "Prison" is the most like destination for two of these choices; but that's not technically a promotion.

Prison will be counted as retired :eng101:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Drake's obvious future is as side show wrestling attraction for the conservative convention circuit fighting bad Libreal gimmick wrestlers

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Would be funny if Daniel Bryan was meant to be back by the end of the year, but WWE is sold out and the new owners don't want him

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Drake's obvious future is as side show wrestling attraction for the conservative convention circuit fighting bad Libreal gimmick wrestlers

That's a very verbose way to say Joey Ryan.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

David Starr’s phone rings for the first time in a year

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dude’s already booked for that QAnon show with Matt Morgan and Low Ki, isn’t he?

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Aleister Black / Tommy End on Twitch - notes

Tommy End / Aleister Black is live on Twitch, giving a rambly recount of his time in WWE.

* Dark Father: The plan was to unfurl over time and explain the role. This was mostly his idea, he says.

* Super thankful for the exposure and the experience. He has a good relationship with Vince. Vince could never nail down exactly what he wanted to say with Black.

* Loved how Heyman would go to bat for him.

* When doing the Room promos, he would use the opponents colours in the background of the room. He added easter eggs to what he was doing.

* Black would lay tarot cards, and use those as inspiration for his gear, and often plan out coloured jackets for feuds (he gives the example of Buddy Murphy, and turning green with envy) so all colours were significant as to how he felt in that moment)

* Refers to his time in WWE as "having shackles on" and how much he got done while having those on, and is excited to see what happens without them. He's always taken huge pleasure in creating characters.

* Aleister Black "was basically the devil with memory loss" - what if Lucifer fell to earth and didn't know how he got there, and what he had to atone for? So the angrier he got, the more demon flesh would be added to his gear (opinion - this is loving wild and I love it!) He chose to continue with the eye from the angle where he lost an eye. He enjoyed researching cult leaders and noted they usually have a big aesthetic choice like white hair.

* the glasses are his. Xavier Woods told him "you look like a cult leader" so he kept them for Dark Father.

* Returns to the idea of easter eggs / layers. Notes his promos were often not his writing. Talks about the MITB promo on AJ where he stepped out of the dark - "gently caress it, I'm gonna do what I wanna do" and everyone loved it.

* "Don't get mad at our creative" says they try super hard and are good, creative people. Mentions "Bruce" (Pritchard, I'm assuming) as going to bat for him. The opinion was "no one moves like him, no one is intense like him". "In the last 5 years I have proven myself to be one of the most influential strikers of my generation".

* "It's bittersweet - I owe everything to WWE. My prior work got me to the dance, but the last two years were a slow death". Talks about how the ratings were good, people found him very "Intriguing" - he kept creating stories, characters and gimmicks. He told Hunter "I want to be the metal bands kids use to rebel against their parents".

* Side note - listening to Black cuss is a riot. He seems really chill and really well adjusted.

* There is apparently a group of people who think he's a part of the illuminati and that he sacrifices kids. He's researched conspiracies and how they spread, so is stoked that people think he's legitimately a satanist / illuminati (not the same thing) kid murderer. Apparently his tattoos on his arms are a sign that he's a kiddie murderer. Apparently WWE shut down a social channel throwing accusations at him when they called him a pedophile.

* The Dark Father was based on his life. "I'm an athiest - I can't acknowledge a devil without a God, it doesn't make sense"

* Loves Manny (Andrade) - wasn't happy with his debut but the two found ways to build up from it. After the match with Dream a lot of people took notice, so he was given complete freedom to do his own match after that. He proved he can take other people to the next level, so was fastforwarded to the main roster. The last 3/4 months in tag with Ricochet were "probably, professionally, some of my favourite moments in wrestling". Talks about how they did NXT and main roster all week, but they had a ton of fun and learned so much because they were so well oiled.

* "If there's no cuffs and you can do anything, that's one thing. But if you have boundaries and rules, and can still shine, that's the testimony of being a professional". Talks about The Revival (calls them "the Pinnacle" now) says they think the same way, uphold rules, etc because it forces creativity. He says he always enjoyed challenging himself. "It's really made me into a much better (I can say it again!) Professional wrestler"

* Said that frequently, times in matches changed up, and down and that he loved working on the fly to figure a match out. "WWE is just a crazy, crazy landscape". Says he could sit and mope, but what's the point? this angle was apparently the big push. But it's an "ever lasting, fluctuating business" so can't be mad. Namechecks Orton, Wyatt, Roman, Pritchard, Vince, Heyman.

* "Roman Reigns - one of the best loving locker room leaders on earth. What a guy". Usos too! Shouts out Apollo for just smashing his character work.

* Side note - gently caress, he talks a million miles an hour and my hands hurt.

* Would have loved to work with Bray, says he fights really hard for his stuff because they constantly try to change it.

* Referenced a vignette about the eye on his instagram, offered it to WWE, they said it was super creative and awesome, but it got worked against. "What murdered me was the 7 months at home". "Don't listen to journalists, they don't have insiders, they get told warped stories". Apparently he was praised for asking to go to NXT, but Vince wanted to try him again on the main roster. "Don't waste your money on it. It's 5% truth, 95% fiction". Goes off on how paid wrestling journalists suck "I get it, negativity sells". Says it puts fans in a poo poo position, because it's your closest source of news, but it's mostly bullshit. Says it programs fans to hate WWE. Sometimes it's right "A broken clock is right twice a day" - also shouts out "oh, "plans changed" is the biggest cop out in the world" . Also SRS -" "oh, sign up to my patreon for news about Thea" - there is no news."

* Says he sat down with Hunter a couple of times to put the fire under the character, didn't want to come back as a heel. "I love everything about this business. It's the single best thing (along side marrying my wife) that I've ever done in my life and it's a process many people can't understand". Says the audience sees 2% of their work.

* Says even today, he's been working. Clothing company, talking to fans - it never stops. For 20 years, he's never not once thought about wrestling. He's considering opening a wrestling school, apparently it's in process already. Wants to leave the wrestling world in a better place than he found it.

* Says he just spoke to Terry Taylor, who he credits as one of the most influential men in his career and a mentor. "I've had moments where... I'm not the most active on social media, I rarely look at comments, I think about 6-7 months ago when someone went off, he thought "I'll pay for your flight, you come hang out for three days, you'll go home screaming". " Says that the fanbase appreciates what they do and who they are, and he's really thankful for it.

* Says with lockdown too many people have too much time on their hands and are focused on the wrong things (talking about internet fans). Says he hopes people find a healthy focus or positive thing to focus on. Emphasises personal responsibility, says **"don't wake up 20 years from now wondering why you spent so loving long arguing with people on the internet about wrestling"** says that all of your potential on earth is great.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

gently caress, he's really cool

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

FatBagzJones posted:

Goes off on how paid wrestling journalists suck "I get it, negativity sells". Says it puts fans in a poo poo position, because it's your closest source of news, but it's mostly bullshit. Says it programs fans to hate WWE
Uhhhhh I don't think that's why

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Don't even know why Daniel Bryan is even on this list the guy is 100% going back to WWE and isn't even technically released just in contract negotiations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

Don't even know why Daniel Bryan is even on this list the guy is 100% going back to WWE and isn't even technically released just in contract negotiations.

lmao

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

The funniest outcome is if Bryan re-signs with wwe just to be released 3 months later because of "budget cuts".

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Form needs a "WHO FUCKIN' CARES" option for Dream, Drake, and LARS.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Evil Badman posted:

Form needs a "WHO FUCKIN' CARES" option for Dream, Drake, and LARS.

Retirement. The real wrestler retirement is when no one wants to see you anymore and just wants you to gently caress off.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
dylan miley will get signed...

...to work at a home depot in the exurbs of denver i guess

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm prepared for Danielson to call out Okada on Monday, or just to randomly challenge Bobby Lashley in like 3 weeks. It feels like a coin toss.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm sure Black is super cool but that summation came out like this.
"I felt shackled and frustrated but Vince is good and Bruce and good and creative is good nobody is to blame please don't hate them."
"Journalists are bad and will feed you warped stories"

I know you don't want to burn your bridges but don't throw out those lines then accuse the journalists of warping the narrative like you're shooting straight.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

ChrisBTY posted:

I'm sure Black is super cool but that summation came out like this.
"I felt shackled and frustrated but Vince is good and Bruce and good and creative is good nobody is to blame please don't hate them."
"Journalists are bad and will feed you warped stories"

I know you don't want to burn your bridges but don't throw out those lines then accuse the journalists of warping the narrative like you're shooting straight.

WWE Diplomacy is hard enough when you are still employed by them. Trying to do the gracious, right, classy, and/or professional thing after just being sacked is an even harder tightrope to walk. Especially if you actually want to say something.

So unless you want to go scorched earth, like CM Punk or Mox did, I have no problem with recently released wrestlers speaking in platitudes, or being cagey with wrestling journalists that want the next "Released wrestler unloads on Vince and WWE!" article.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I didn't pick Retired for anyone because I think everyone lands somewhere after this - even racists and sex pests - because "former WWE" is still going to be a selling point for small town indies when crowds come back. I also don't really see any of this crop going to Japan other than a quick stint somewhere. I think for the bigger names and those with tons of indie cred it'll mostly be AEW, the non-problematic midcarders are Impact, and the rest turn up in a high school gym somewhere.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I took my guesses, most of the generic dudes with beards I sent to MLW but now I think they probably would have gone to Impact so I'll probably lose. The moral victory will be mine when Bryan Danielson goes to New Japan though!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

I didn't pick Retired for anyone because I think everyone lands somewhere after this - even racists and sex pests - because "former WWE" is still going to be a selling point for small town indies when crowds come back. I also don't really see any of this crop going to Japan other than a quick stint somewhere. I think for the bigger names and those with tons of indie cred it'll mostly be AEW, the non-problematic midcarders are Impact, and the rest turn up in a high school gym somewhere.

You're probably right but I picked "retired" way more than I thought I would. Although I was half asleep when I filled it out :v:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Impact already got one this week, for those who had Steve Cutler.

I think I voted for that?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Welp, I was not expecting to have to update this thread so soon :v:

The following goons all score 5 points: oldskool, Fartbutt, sportsgenius86, flashy_mcflash, Fentry, Lead Pipe Cinch, Shayna Baszler, hosed up birthday, CarlCX, Lumbermouth, Fadmonkey, Auritech, Venomous, sticklefifer, El Generico, Petit Gregory, BrigadierSensible

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Maclin you son of a bitch

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

that was among the most obvious of all of them and I can't believe more people didn't call it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

sportsgenius86 posted:

that was among the most obvious of all of them and I can't believe more people didn't call it.

i can't believe so many people know who steve cutler is or why this would be obvious