Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

BeeSeeBee posted:

Whereas on defense I spend minutes not playing the game setting up barriers and receiving no points for it! :smith:

I still think giving engineers some QoL changes would do a lot to help defense not feeling like a snowball at times. Points for enemies hitting the barrier, healing banner or a new special that replenishes your barriers similar to the quiver instead of the med kits, I dunno.
Yeah barriers are crazy useful. I use them to wall off a lane on the jousting list TDM map and it works great. It forces the allied team to clump up, and denies the enemy vision so some of them misjudge spawns. Try placing a row of 4 shields just in front of the door under the king's throne so you can control the supply box inside. Stretch them out across the entire lane, and stagger them so they don't all take damage from a big swing. This gives you easy access to the extra walls just inside the door, so you can get 5 up at a time. Gives archers some safety and a mid-map vantage point

Only started using engi once I got gold dreadmare armor for my knight though, because I didn't care about racking up gold for cosmetics

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i like gold dreadmare as well

i recently switched off of it to the higher lvl mason tournament armor + the all black uhhh...greater bascinet maybe its called? idk.

gold dreadmare is good for running around laughing to myself telling ppl to get their ducks in a row

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Two barriers will plug up one of the two side entrances to the cathedral in Gallencourt. On my way to the objective, I’ll drop a couple behind me just to slow down the defenders and stagger their respawns from joining the main fight. It interrupts the respawn rhythm enough to get some hits on the objective before you’re interrupted.

Engineers are great on offense, if the objective demands it. It foils other engineers on defense and gets rid of healing banners, fast. Smash the enemy barriers if you want, but the move is to drop a palisade and use it as a ramp to get on top of enemy barriers. Not many people can reach you up there, or you can wedge between the barrier and whatever objective they’re trying to save and get a ton of free hits. Don’t even need to be an engineer to use that trick, other classes have palisades.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lol just had a chivmail admin talk poo poo to me in game for using chivmail too much

thats new

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Worf posted:

i hope chiv3 or whatever spiritual successor lets engineers combo together to build things that they cant on their own

fortknight

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Worf posted:

lol just had a chivmail admin talk poo poo to me in game for using chivmail too much

thats new

I mean, maybe if the report system in game actually did something then we wouldnt have to use their discord so often to report all the edgy racism people

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I mean, maybe if the report system in game actually did something then we wouldnt have to use their discord so often to report all the edgy racism people

people calling for irl genocide of X people is 50% of my reports and 49% are people sitting there repeatedly intentionally TKing so it was kind of a lol thing for an admin to say

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

yOu rEpoRt sO mUcH

https://i.imgur.com/3CNeev6.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/mE6CgKK.mp4

*my reports*

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Worf posted:

thats new

Lmao Jesus Christ

Anyway after a few days with the patch I think it has improved things in general though I find myself playing defense much, much more often as the game drops me there at 10s almost every round

As for the insane stalker player they’re still around, I see them from time to time in matches and they’re still not IP muted as I’ve been seeing the other names they use (besides SMELLY GIRL FEET) doing their usual bullshit/votekicks

Worf posted:

people calling for irl genocide of X people is 50% of my reports and 49% are people sitting there repeatedly intentionally TKing so it was kind of a lol thing for an admin to say

I honestly don’t think they care at all about hate speech anymore. The one mod, Ari, a volunteer, seems to give a poo poo but is overwhelmed and underrecognized

Also big lol at the giant “rebellion” (annoyed shitposts) going on in the wider community - irrespective of how bad you feel the cheating problem is, banning a major member of the community for a joke about how gamepass makes cheating easy is really unhinged PR

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

this game & community have become an absolute poo poo show lately imo, even for chiv

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Man, rip Soter Dave. Jesus. I only just heard.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Yeah it feels like things are crashing a burning a bit. Giant controversy over the company’s weird high handedness, explosion of hackers, weird lag. Wheels are coming off but I’m still trying to get to 1k, I’m level 878 or something and can’t stop until I get there

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i ran across that impersonator dude that keeps calling people pedophiles today and lo and behold he still acts like a piece of poo poo and isnt banned

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

quote:

Good morrow, knights! A minor hotfix (2.10.2) has been released with new anti-cheat protections.

General
Updated anti-cheat security on all platforms.
As our 2.10.1 Hotfix notes mentioned, our team has been working hard on this next stage of anti-cheat protection for Chivalry 2. This security update will help stop users who have been bypassing our anti-cheat protections and add further tools our moderation team can use to address cheaters and their multiple accounts.

We believe this security update will help curb the use of cheats within Chivalry 2, although we know there may still be outliers that bypass even the new protection. Not to worry; our staff and moderation team will be on hand working hard to address any future tickets and reports regarding cheaters.

If you believe you have encountered a user in-game who may be cheating, here are some steps to report them.

How to report a suspected cheater:

In-Game Reporting:
Open the in-game scoreboard.
Xbox Button: Menu Button > Scoreboard
PS Button: Start Button > Scoreboard
PC Key: TAB
Navigate the scoreboard till you find the offending user.
Select the user and use the “Report” option.
ChivMail Reporting:
To Access the ChivMail bot you’ll need to join our Official Discord.
ChivMail can be found on the top right of the User List once you’ve entered the Discord.

Use either a screen capping software or an HD mobile device to capture video of the suspected user.
Attach this video in a message to the ChivMail Bot on Discord in addition to the suspected user’s in-game username.
Videos should be around 30 seconds long and clearly show the suspected user using in-game cheats if possible.
(If the video is too large for Discord, it can be uploaded unlisted onto a streaming platform like Youtube)
This will start a ticket on the topic that our moderators can respond to if additional information is needed.
Additional Step for EGS / Steam Users – Acquire the user’s PlayerID:
Open the console by pressing ( ~ ) or ( NUMPAD – ) (If your console does not open, you may have to “Enable developer console” in GAME SETTINGS)
Rebindable in the setting if necessary
Type the command “listplayers” and hit ENTER (This copies the player list to your clipboard)
Open any Word processing application ( Notepad, Microsoft Word, etc ) and press CTRL + V to paste the player list.
Find the offending player’s name and ID # and include them in your ChivMail report. (For example – Username – 12AB34CD56EF78GH)

hopefully it actually works. for 99.99% of my time playing this game its been (afaik) a cheater free experience, but the last few weeks ive seen at least one every time ive played

also, from just a bit ago:

this person is still 100% at it lmao

E: also i guess TB broke their game when they updated it? i cant get into any servers and apparently some people cant even get the game open now lmao

Worf fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 23, 2024

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah I messaged TB yesterday because I saw that insane stalker still at it, still harassing me from behind a mute (from what I could see from other player's reactions). I reported him and reached out to chivmail with the playerid but no screenshots because I have them muted and leave as soon as I perceive their presence and chivmail told me to gently caress off and they can't do anything without a screenshot. Didn't even acknowledge that they lied about permanently muting them. really frustrating stuff.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

was he in there as markyd or whatever tf his name is

also i submitted that screenshot of him calling somebody a child molester then voting them to chivmail anyway so idk waht else they need. they either have enough or dont care atp

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I sent player IDs and screenshots of those players dropping slurs and doing chud trolling. Four god damned days later, "Thanks for reporting. We will handle it"

I get that they don't have a lot of resources to throw at this problem, but come on. Stop with the wrist slaps and just take their money and ban them.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Clanpot Shake posted:

Stop with the wrist slaps and just take their money and ban them.

this is the real issue tbh, they dont give a gently caress how much of a nazi somebody admits to being and acts like

meanwhile you have players like (i think his name is) doomhand12 or something that brags about lvl 1ks being immune from punishment and will votekick/team attack noobs

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4X4sA8YVXY

Well, that sure is a thing, I guess.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Worf posted:

this is the real issue tbh, they dont give a gently caress how much of a nazi somebody admits to being and acts like

meanwhile you have players like (i think his name is) doomhand12 or something that brags about lvl 1ks being immune from punishment and will votekick/team attack noobs

The stupidest part about that is most level 1k players I’ve gotten to know over the last 1000 hours are actually pretty cool. They’re all chill fellas who I’ve had dozens or hundreds of fights with in the context of 64p TO on US East and mostly it’s just mutual commends and laughs about exceptional moves someone executed. I’m pretty confident I’m at the high end of the skill curve now and it means I recognize most people who are level 850-1000 and know what weapons they prefer/fighting style, it’s a fun little community and it sucks that a handful of complete maniacs and abrasive dickheads like doomhand - who I’m pretty sure is a Dane Axe main smdh - drive away so many new players

Also that Mordhau mode looks kinda cool. I’ve never played it though, I’m sure I’d be enraged with my chivalry muscle memory

Also lmao this game has the worst playerbase, got autobalanced from first on attack to defense where I was obviously far ahead of the rest of the team scorewise and it made the loser who was in first place super angry and they started vote kicking me and calling me “rando” over and over. So many Chiv players have literal NPC brain and can only muster a handful of flabbergasting neologistic insults that I straight up don’t understand. He kept saying “Who is Don Quixote? Rando!” and I have no idea what that’s supposed to mean

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 30, 2024

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

this balance patch should just be reverted if they arent going to tweak it. within literal seconds of it balancing, the number of ppl on each team is already imbalanced because people leave defense, and the levels themselves are honestly still vastly skewed towards offense most of the time. its the definition of lipstick on a pig. there also needs to be a hard cap on how many times you play defense in a row because frankly using me as ballast and putting me on defense from montcrux all the way to askandir is kinda bullshit.

the system still simply rewards people that sit in spectator, which honestly, is worse than them just leaving and finding a server where theyd be offense.

i always tell myself im just gonna change teams to offense every time to try and exacerbate the problem / accelerate a solution but i cant honestly muster it lmao

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lol yeah the balance patch is basically just everyone who is level 500+ or decently skilled will play defense forever without interruption and all the shitters will stack exactly the same way they used to

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Frog Act posted:

lol yeah the balance patch is basically just everyone who is level 500+ or decently skilled will play defense forever without interruption and all the shitters will stack exactly the same way they used to

this is what i just joined and lol if im gonna bother sitting there dying for 5 min surrounded by wet farts and damp underwear for teammates

lvl 900+ and a rerolled 1k switching to offense, itll probably auto switch me to subsidize those changes too

Worf fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 1, 2024

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
I get the concern but also, defense sucks.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Defense suckiness slowly manifests itself over t the course of 3-5 auto balances to defense in a row

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I get the concern but also, defense sucks.

hence the crux of my issue being that leaving team changing in just means you literally take the place of somebody else being a shitlord. like im not gonna counter balance team switchers, thats the issue

3-4 ppl go spectate, it autos people to defense, then as soon as that happens X moves to OFFENSE

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

chiv2.png

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Ever since the prime and gamepass launch I haven’t gone a single game without watching at least one default knight/footman pointlessly slash at an objective with an absurdly obvious mechanic like pushing or burning. Just kinda running in swinging their sword at everyone, getting a team takedown or two, failing to help with the objective, dying, and then repeating the process

Also I passed 1,000 hours yesterday, first time I’ve ever played a multiplayer game that much for this long. Chiv sucks so hard in so many ways but it’s got me in it’s grip. Wonder if we’ll ever see a sequel

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i think we'll see a sequel because torn banner isnt above putting out terrible low effort products to make a buck

yes i played arcane mirage for 30 min

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
There was a nine year gap between the first two Chivalries, we’d be due for the eventual 3rd entry in 2030. Maybe in between we’ll get a Chivalry 2: Deadlier Warrior expansion pack, or Arcane 2.

Earnestly, depends how they’re doing selling these campaign passes. They’ve got the branding for people to give a third game a chance, when it’s ready or time.

If they keep squeezing this sequel for cash, I said it before, they could recycle or copy off of the assets from the first game and sell them, like they did with the King’s Edition stuff. I know I’d buy it. I miss having the claw mark heraldry, it made you look already damaged, if you didn’t know better. Made for good hoodwinking and hijinks.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lol i just found out a completely different person than the other one we've discussed (i assume) has also been harassing me across multiple accounts

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Worf posted:

lol i just found out a completely different person than the other one we've discussed (i assume) has also been harassing me across multiple accounts

Lmao that’s completely bonkers. I’ve played countless online games over the last quarter century and honestly never encountered a playerbase so unhinged. Torn Banner’s complete disinterest in moderation is probably a big part

Worf posted:

i think we'll see a sequel because torn banner isnt above putting out terrible low effort products to make a buck

yes i played arcane mirage for 30 min

I hope so, I’m totally hooked on Chiv and will certainly buy + play any sequel forever even when they inevitably don’t fix anything and make it worse. Very funny Mirage was them, I also bought it and played for less than an hour and never went back because it sucked. Surprised to learn it’s been delisted though, ideally that would be a lesson and they’ll stick to the one game they’ve done a half heartedly acceptable job with

Chuds McGreedy posted:

There was a nine year gap between the first two Chivalries, we’d be due for the eventual 3rd entry in 2030. Maybe in between we’ll get a Chivalry 2: Deadlier Warrior expansion pack, or Arcane 2.

Earnestly, depends how they’re doing selling these campaign passes. They’ve got the branding for people to give a third game a chance, when it’s ready or time.

If they keep squeezing this sequel for cash, I said it before, they could recycle or copy off of the assets from the first game and sell them, like they did with the King’s Edition stuff. I know I’d buy it. I miss having the claw mark heraldry, it made you look already damaged, if you didn’t know better. Made for good hoodwinking and hijinks.

Same. I never played Chivalry 1 and I’ve always wanted to try the maps. If they backport all the missing stuff and a handful of old maps I’d buy it instantly. I mean I’ve bought all the battlepasses even though they’ve been getting consistently worse and the last one had a total of maybe 2 or 3 skins I can actually use as a non-FFA player

Also I’ve been getting into the Highland Sword a bit lately. I understand the appeal now, most people can’t read the timing or feints right so it’s fairly easy to win duels despite the speed and it’s also hilarious watching default enemy players take it from your body and immediately down one of their teammates after dying in a 5v1

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Frog Act posted:

Lmao that’s completely bonkers. I’ve played countless online games over the last quarter century and honestly never encountered a playerbase so unhinged. Torn Banner’s complete disinterest in moderation is probably a big part

This is wild because at launch TBS was one of the better devs in the genre in this regard. The Mordhau devs actively courted the chud demographic and mount & blade has amateur devs that don't even have reporting mechanisms.

I don't know what it is about the medieval slasher genre but it attracts the exact sort that ruins communities.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/1UTyNTf.mp4

that first person took a bullet for the archer i was assassinating lol.

also yeah i wouldnt have even known it was the same person but i searched my chivmail history because i was like "drat didnt i just report this name last week for constantly TKing me and voting me out" and then when i searched their playerID in the conversation it came up with multiple names, one of which was also ANOTHER name id reported on a different account doing the same thing and i was kinda flabbergasted

Worf fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 3, 2024

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Dude it's crazy how every time I play a game this guy joins and starts attacking me and voting me

It's getting to the point where I just kind of want to ask the admins to tell me that this behavior is okay and that I won't be banned if I do it to other people lmao

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Can’t message cross platform, so congrats on rank 900 Frog Act! Only the final hundo to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

im about to prestige again

lol the champ sat outside the boat for the entire timer and grinded noobs

balance

Worf fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 4, 2024