Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

mdct posted:

I love being a coward who has 100 degrees more vision than the first-person nerd :cool:

Realistically, it should be one or the other, that there's both modes is a real bad idea from a balance standpoint since one is strictly way better for everything except duels.

hopefully they have a server toggle that will lock you to 1st person, cuz that could be a fun alternative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

poo poo gently caress goddammit I have one last final to study for then I'm on this

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

being even slightly competent at blocking feels a little OP in the main game modes. I'm not even very good, but it's ridiculous how easy it is to block -> alt-swing with a little drag on dudes.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Orv posted:

Both my favorite and my least favorite thing is getting rushed down by a group of people and frantically riposting and countering and it's so good when you get one or two and such a bummer when you don't get any.

And then you do it again. :yayclod:

Stepping in the dead zone between two people rushing you and smacking them with one big side swing feels so good.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

missing the 1v1 arena servers rn. duel servers aren't quite the same, even if I love the shenanigans like "everyone chases the guy with a turkey"

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Hub Cat posted:

Man nailing somebody with a thrown Dane axe is so satisfying

the way it sticks straight out their back as they sprint around is hilarious

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I miss OG man at arms. What's the point if everyone has the sidestep?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Perestroika posted:

As much fun as Chiv 2 is, it's still remarkable/mindboggling how the archer's sole role is to make the game worse.

eh. I kind of accept goofy deaths as part of the charm of the big maps.

I just hope they allow private servers at some point to fulfill my tryhard dueling needs.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I hope they tweak the Mason VIP map. Having the stupid royal run down the timer in the corner is big zzzz time, and firebomb timers can be too long to coordinate a burnout with pubbies.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So whats the reasoning behind the crossbowman getting a bonus against footmen and knights. Just...why...

the grognard answer is that bolts punch through armor real good

the gameplay answer is they need something to compensate for the really slow reload

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Messer was the win button in Chiv1 as well. My favorite counter to it is to throw an axe through their face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Picking up ballista bolts and throwing them back :classiclol: