Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is 'reckless genetic engineering' an option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

So, Foxgirl Clone Drilling calls for me in lewdness of those words.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SugarAddict posted:

Tier 5 android with brawler, tough, jogger, nimble. Monk class.
*fist of the north star intensifies*
Or would that be *God Hand intensifies*?

Oh, to clarify I'm using the mod that is simply "Androids" and not "Android Tiers"

The Lone Badger posted:

Is 'reckless genetic engineering' an option?

Sadly to say the engineering will be quite controlled

E: Gonna close the votes now

Leal fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 5, 2021

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

drat! Well, I'd like to add myself to the naming pool when somebody gets named!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

Oh, to clarify I'm using the mod that is simply "Androids" and not "Android Tiers"
Sadly to say the engineering will be quite controlled

Shows how much I know about rimworld mods.
(nothing at all)

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

SugarAddict posted:

Shows how much I know about rimworld mods.
(nothing at all)

There's a mod for that

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

Veloxyll posted:

There's a mod for that

What's That Mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2258431182

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Wow, this has to be the apex of modding. A mod to figure out what mod does what.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

Wow, this has to be the apex of modding. A mod to figure out what mod does what.

Just wait until you get to minecraft where there's a minimum of 4 different flavors of each metal. And you need a minimum of two different mods to tell you about them. WAILA (what am I looking at), and NEI(Not Enough Items) which tells you what you are looking at in world; and tells you what the item is, where it comes from, and what you can do with it.

Tin (forestry)
Tin (Industrial Craft)
Tin (Thermal Expansion)
Tin (metallurgy)
Tin (tinkers construct)
Tin (gregtech)

And I haven't played much minecraft for years. So there's ALOT more mods that add do stuff like that.

And none of them stack and are each their own individual item! You need another mod to fix that.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Flying Foxgirls

I managed to get enough devilstrand to make a spell that I can cast to repair gear equipped on a pawn. In vanilla, there is no way to repair gear, which sucks. Gear deteriorates just being equipped, and even more so when the pawn gets damaged. When it hits 50% they start getting mood debuffs for wearing torn clothing, meaning you will need to keep spares on hand for pawns to change out to. Add in that you can't disassemble clothing in vanilla and it sucks to deal with.

Any pawns under the spell's effects will suffer some penalties to their stats, so don't cast it during combat.

I also made some construction jackets for the droids, from the Apparello mod. It buffs their construction and mining, and looks snazzy to boot! This of course means Average loses his recon armor, and we got some plasteel from destroying it.

While I was waiting for votes I went ahead and researched The Skip, part of the SRTS Expanded mod. I do not do any of the caravanning stuff until I get one of these.

It has a sizeable cost, even beyond the long research time (drop pods > super pod > the skip, which was like 10k research in total), and it can only hold 2 people max and not a lot of weight.

Now we can travel in style. It holds up to 500 chemfuel and it produces 650MW of power constantly, without using up chemfuel. While this one can't hold that much weight, with bigger ships we can bring turrets with us and use these ships to power them.

Randy frowns upon our ability of flight and he throws a flash storm directly on top of the garden. These are concentrated lightning strikes and with no rain, it can be scary if it happens in the wrong place.

While talking about the garden, I got herbal medicine growing. And now half of it is ruined :mad:

Now that we have the power of flight, I load up Jelly and all our cowboy hats and send her off to a nearby settlement. It is some distance away however, and this ship isn't the fastest, it was a little over half a day to go back and forth. But a bonus to visiting settlements is that our stuff will be worth slightly more bringing it directly to them.

In vanilla traveling is asssssssssssssssssssssss. You'll need to pack up food, and whenever night falls the caravan stops for the night. Traveling speed depends on the local terrain and biome, in our case being in a boreal mountain is 4 movement cost, while plains is 1. Roads will also speed up travel. Traveling sucks because that is one or more of your pawns that is out of your colony and I swear the storyteller is set to make a raid show up when you have pawns out traveling.

Seriously, if it wasn't for SRTS I would never interact with anything involved leaving the colony, it sucks in vanilla.

And if you get in a situation like this? Look at how far all the friendly settlements are at. There is a google like "measure distance" button on the map, and to go to any of these places is a 10 day trip. One way. Again, SRTS is basically a required mod.

I also finish multi-analyzer, this is another item where more advance research is locked until you get one up and going.

And at this point I got the Speak Up mod, where pawns will have little dialogue bubbles, which is also another mod. Before it would just be "Hitomi waved hi to Shorty", but now there is actual dialogue.

I set up the multi-analyzer, which requires plasteel and gold to make. Thankfully clearing out that ancient danger got what we needed. Whats nice is that it isn't just a research gate opener, it also provides a research speed buff to any research benches that are nearby and can connect to multiple benches.

Now, I've researched a bunch of magic stuff but didn't really get into it. The reason for that is I need a few things to build or craft magic stuff, namely jade and uranium. I set up the droids to mine the far off mountain, I set up the mining tunnels 2 tiles apart so I can expose more tiles without mining everything. Also it'll make sure there is no cave ins.

Whats neat is our guests will also perform some labor around the colony. They can haul stuff and in the case of Krys here, do research. I'm trying to recruit her and I got 2/3 friends needed, but frustratingly she stopped showing up. The other person she came with has returned, but I haven't seen her since.

I didn't find any jade where I was mining, and I don't want to mine near the valley and risk infestations or giving sappers a faster way in. Heading all the way up here...

Finally, some jade!

And with that, I can make the arcane forge. With some research we can also give it the ability to replicate item recipes. What this does is change the blueprint for the replication recipe to anything that is craftable with set materials (so we can't replicate meals, since they can be made from any kind of food). In the case of items that can be made of different materials like clothing, it'll require the same material.

So what is the point of this? Simple: We can replicate items we don't have the research for but find. Not only that but it also lets us craft it without needing a crafter, just a mage and I believe the quality for the item is based on the mage's intelligence. I can scan Hitomi's gauss lance and then have Shorty, with her 20 intelligence, craft it and ideally get a high quality one. Just be aware it rapidly sucks up mana to craft, so it'll take 2 or 3 goes before the item is finished, unless we get more MP on our mages.

Besides that, we get all the recipes that would be divided between the forge and tailor bench here and the ability to craft 2 other items: Manaweave and Arcalieum. Items made with these materials give bonuses to magic/fighter pawns wearing it. It costs cloth and magicyte to make manaweave and for arcalieum it costs jade, steel, magicyte and silver to craft.

Finally we can "Infuse chunk" which will take a stone chunk and turn it into some magicyte. I'll be turning all the sandstone on the map into magicyte, limestone makes tougher walls while sandstone is pretty meh.

As it starts heating up I build a few ceiling fans, courtesy of Dub's Hygiene. These are great, they keep rooms cool and provide light. Pawns complain about darkness and sleeping in the heat, so two birds with one stone. Also it looks better than the vanilla lighting option which is basically a free standing light bulb with a thin metal base.

I've also put more work on the hospital, I put steel tile on the ground as it has a cleanliness bonus and of course you want your hospital room clean. In the bottom right is a medicine cabinet to hold all our medication, keeps the doctor from running all the way to the warehouse to patch up someone bleeding out. The bottom left has a kitchen sink, it provides a cleanliness bonus to the room.

Now that I got the forge set up, I make a fire wand and mage robes for Shorty. The flame wand acts like a gun. A gun that shoots FIRE. And what about her shotgun? First I scanned it and made a second copy of it, then handed one to both the droids. Since they don't have great shooting in the first place, just firing a bunch of buckshot into a crowd will be their best use in a gun fight.

Now that I got my research in order I set up for cloning and hoo boy is this gonna take a while. Just to get the cloning bay we need:

Biological distillation, which allows us to make protein mash and nutrient solution out of meat and vegetables, kinda respectively but we can also make nutrient solution out of meat.

Simple prosthetics, which allows us to make prosthetics that are better than wooden limbs but worse then organic ones

Sterile materials, which lets us make sterile flooring with silver and steel that makes the room even more clean.

Hydroponics, trays that will grow vegetables indoors.

Organ vat, which lets us make organs and limbs out of nutrient solution and protein mash.

Genome sequencing, which lets us take DNA from organic beings.

Hospital bed, which is a bed that gives a bonus to healing and surgery rates

Vitals monitor, which we can hook up to hospital beds to get a further bonus

THEN we get clone vats, BUT

We will also need to research fabrication, which lets build a bench to make some electronics including advance components. As an aside, with the arcane forge and its replication we could make those now without this research.

And getting that will let us research brainwave scanning, so we can actually get skills to give our clones.

Gonna be a long wait. I kinda regret not going for oil first.

I build up walls around our garden, its still open air currently as you need proper sunlight, or a sunlamp, for crops to grow. Besides putting the groundwork down for a greenhouse in the future, this will also keep wild animals out of our crops.

An exotic trader stopped overhead and oh my god :eyepop: I grab a breeding pair.

Aren't they adorable :3: Also they produce neutroglycerine that we can milk out of them every 2 days. This is a mod change though, normally you can get chemfuel straight out of them, but we can refine the neutro into chemfuel. God I don't know which one does it, but there is an item used to make drugs that you can only get from trading, so some mod lets you make it out of neutro.

Of course Randy frowns upon this and gives our Boomalope the plague. I set up some animal sleeping area in a uh... remote location of the valley. You don't want boomalopes to die in the wrong spot.

I get up to genome sequencing, which is a one time use item that requires components and steel to craft. You can do an operation on a pawn or animal to get their genome, which (I believe) works 100% of the time.

You can also use it on a dead body, say this arctic wolf I kept safe in the freezer until we got genome sequencing. The success rate is based on the pawn's doctoring skill, Jelly is currently at a 53%.

But on success we get a template that we can use in the cloning vat. The template is also multi use, so we effectively can make more arctic wolves on demand.

I set up a little barn for our animals under the research area. I put down a food basket that will hold kibble, which uses a vegetable and a meat item to be made. It's a good use of hay, which grows fast and pawns wont eat (unless they eat kibble), and insect or, just saying, human meat.

Then a despoiler ship appeared, and I believe this is our first sighting of mechoids. And how convienient that most of the types are here on display! Provided they're sleeping, but just bear with me:

The very top one, as well as the third one down, are scythers. They got blades for hands and can gently caress up pawns in melee. In earlier versions of the game you could get their hands and put them on your own pawns or sell them for a tidy profit, so of course that got removed.

The second from the top is a pikeman, they have a long range gun that doesn't do too much damage.

The very bottom is a lancer, who has a highly damaging weapon, though its range is less than the pikeman's.

While they are currently asleep and not really doing anything, there are 2 problems. First is that any other pawns that wander by might aggro them, then they wake up and become a problem. Secondly is that this is a despoiler ship, which will have an aoe around it that will kill any plants in its radius that continously expands every day. So I get everyone set up and have Sky punch one of the scythers.

Jelly takes a shot by the lancer and god drat, I don't know how a single shot managed to hit both the left leg and torso but it did. This single shot is gonna cause her to bleed out within 19 hours, but thats with one shot. Get a pawn shot by a lancer 2 or 3 times and suddenly you got 3 hours to get your pawn situated before they bleed out. Or they could just get their head blown off with the first shot. Lancers, they don't gently caress around.

Also note that her right eye has a permanent injury, and that its aching. Scars are a pretty drat annoying mechanic cause it'll give your pawn a "in pain" debuff until you finally get that body part swapped out. And with how often fights happen, and your very first hit can cause a scar? Yeah, good thing we went down cloning, I can grow her a new eye to fix it, just need to make sure my surgeon is up to snuff.

Wait, Jelly IS the surgeon? Well thats awkward.

Outside of that, it was a routine mop up. Don't forget to destroy the ship when you're done!

They drop some loot, plasteel and advance components are what you want. You can also shred the bodies of the mechoids which gives some steel. I swear they used to also give plasteel when shredded.

I decided to set up a clothing container outside of the guest bedroom and set it up as a shopping area, if they want some local handmade cowboy hats.

Food stocks start to run low and the droids have been idle, so I send them out to go hunting. 2 sets of chain shotguns shooting at one target really does some work.

I've also realized with Jelly's abilities, I can shoot up manipulation with medigel and andrenaline shots. I had her shoot up and her chances with the genome sequencer went from 53 to 80%

So I got the genomes of a female arctic wolf and one of an arctic fox. Fox girls owning pet foxes, this is some Goofy and Pluto poo poo.

And then 2 thrumbos came waltzing in :getin:

:sickos:

One of them even got ko'd, so I "rescued" it and had Jelly do an operation to get the genome. I can now clone THRUMBOS. I can clone them then slaughter them to get all the fur and horns I want, how's THAT for questional ethics?

I then set up some walls around the other entrance to the valley, not just to add an extra layer in case raider try going that way, but to also get that geyser secured for another geothermal generator. If you think 5 geothermal generators is overkill, you haven't played modded Rimworld.

I got a notification for a pristine ruin that is nearby, part of the Real Ruins mod. Perfect time to give the skip a real test run, I get Sky and Toaster in it and send them on over.

Upon arrival I look over and uh, what the hell is up with this base? There is a lot of loot though

There is also a lot of people hanging around, from several different factions. Some hostile, some aren't. But they start attacking one another.

Now, usually when using one of the SRTS vehicles when you land at an event you land the ship on the map. For some reason I landed on the tile, but then had to command the caravan to enter the ruin, so they just walk in and Toaster has the skip in his pocket. Its fine.

Its great, all kinds of weapons and magic users so poo poo is just popping off and I'm hearing gunfire in the distance, gotta grab what I want in case the hostile people win out.

Looking around I spotted a full stack of plasteel and jade, definately items I'll want to get.

:stare: Holy poo poo. Luciferium is a rare drug that increases a pawn's stats and can heal any wound: Scars, asthma, brain damage. It can heal it all. The downside: The pawn will be permanently addicted to it, and if they go too long without their fix they get frequent berserk breaks and eventually die. You need to take a pill every 6 days (according to the wiki, 6.66 days), and with 150? Thats like over 900 days worth?

Checking other rooms, I find this room that has a bunch of royal beds and hyperweave couches. Jesus.

:stare: Holy gently caress. These are vanometric power cells, each one gives 1k of power forever. This room has 26k MW of power.

As I'm continuing to check the ruin I look over at the battle, which ended with the hostile factions running. I spotted a hisa that was knocked down, so I claimed one of the beds and had Toaster start patching her up. She has some decent skills, getting someone with animals for our wolves will be good.

Then the pods dropped in.

:lol: These loving guys got heavy smgs, armor, shield belts, they got it all. I need to leave NOW.

Oh god here they come. They easily wiped out the other friendly pawns and are rushing on in.

Toaster manages to avoid several shots as he drags Rachel to the skip. I only grabbed a few things to make sure I can bring both her and Sky back.

And Toaster gets left behind, you could say he was a little brave for his actions.

:tviv:

I touch down and send Sky to fly right back to the ruins, while Jelly brings our new friend to the hospital.

See toaster, we weren't gonna truly leave you behind because the raiders got distracted stealing poo poo

Later shitlords!

Sadly, Rachel didn't join from us swiping her while she was unable to move and bringing her to our colony rescuing her. She'll leave when she fully heals up.

Hrm....

*reloads*

Don't mind me Rachel, just gonna sequence your genome. When a neutral/friendly pawn is able to walk we are no longer able to do operations on them, so I went back a few minutes to do this operation. Supposedly this will make the faction they're from mad, but I didn't lose any relations.

Now for our loot... admittedly, it wasn't a lot. That drop really jacked up my plans, I only got the plasteel and 2 AI persona cores. These are something we'll need for end game, so hell yeah don't gotta worry about that now.

Finally got cloning vat researched, good thing I got some of that plasteel from the ruins as its needed to make a vat.

drat, Rachel leaving got us 22 relation points for a very nice number in total.

Then Randy sent us 2 asses. No no no, we DIDN'T go with the traveling anus faction name!

I set up the vat in the research lab and filled it with sterile flooring. The vats will need to be maintained, and maintenance will deteriorate depending on the cleanliness of the room. Besides that hi tech research benches get a bonus from clean rooms.

Now to make a clone of Rachel I need 110 protein mash and 440 nutrient solution. I got the mash but not the solution, and as for making more...

Our food situation is a little concerning. And its winter again so a lot of the wildlife has disappeared.

All in all, fairly quiet update. Kinda surprised, Shorty still hasn't torched the colony and the only thing that attacked us was that despoiler ship. Whats up Ra

andy...?

Leal fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jun 7, 2021

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I see Randy has figured out what mercy is, and decided he hates it.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Androids with that helmet/vest/shotgun loadout actually look pretty neat!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Oh and I've learned that animals can be renamed, so if anyone wants to be a boomalope or perhaps a future wolf or fox (the animal, not the girl) and I've put a list in the OP of names I have yet to use. If you already offered a name and want to change what to be let me know

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Please collect Thrumbo and Boomalope genetic codes and splice them together.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Time to GTFO of the map if you can, Randy has decided it's time for you to die.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I wanna be a boomalope. I wanna go boom hehe.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Terry is a good name for a fox, please name a fox Terry.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Can I be either an android or animal? Doesn't matter for type or gender!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Oil Be hosed

Meet what I consider to be the absolute worse raid type, drop pods that fall directly on top of your base. That's a nice killbox you got there, be a drat shame if your attackers could just bypass it. Thankfully, with the generator being encased by walls the game thinks that is part of the main base and dropped them there.

So there are 2 problems, Hitomi is on the far end of the room, and the door is limestone which opens really slowly. Randy just hosed me over, yeah?

But oh ho, Randy, you don't know that I taught both Hitomi and Shorty the blink spell, so I can have her teleport outside of the generator "room" and run to safety!

Its more Federation raiders, but this time they've also brought some interesting looking things with them.

Some of the Rimsenal factions have their own creatures that they bring along. These aren't that threatening when they're some distance away, but as stated they blow up when killed.

And these FUCKERS destroy the generator as well as break down sections of the wall :mad:

When they break through they take the usual route to the valley. I had Hitomi blink into the mountain bunker, and on the right side I have Sky lying in wait on the other side of the wall. It was an unintentional side effect that walling off that other generator basically gave me a sally port.

Though, since Shorty has a wand there is some risk of Sky getting torched. Eh, builds character.

Something to mention about pyromaniacs is that they get a mood bonus when holding an incendiary weapon. Sadly the fire wand doesn't count for this.

The Seekers are considered animals, when butchered they provide er... "synthetic" meat. Guess whats being converted to protein mash?

Hah, my pro strats have paid off in full! In a mixed colony only a certain part of the colony would be happy. But mono gendered, that is a 100% bonus rate!

I found it neat that the game will not only have snow melt, but its also in an oval shape rather than just having the squares around the fire melt.

Finally I hit the end of the clone tech tree. This will allow me to scan a pawn and get a copy of their of skills and passions that can be used on any clones. At this point I can keep a copy of each colonist's genome and brain template and effectively not have to worry about losing them.

We can also scan animals and it'll allow us to give any clone animals the same training level. So ideally we would get one animal in some way, train it, then scan it and any clones made of it we can just apply the training directly to them. Note that this only works for the same species of animal

Here is a weird rear end conversation.

And now that we got the brain scanning... hey Lulu, wassup? Been a while, hey you look all hurt let's take you to a proper hospital.

Now, if you'll allow me to scan your brain... Note that Lulu's name is now white instead of light blue, this is because she joined the faction after getting patched up. Just as well, there was no operation tab before she joined. Once I got her brain data I banished her from the colony. Banishing colonists give a mood penalty to other colonists, and in certain conditions, it will be considered "banishing a colonist to die" which will give a harsher penalty. But hey, its better than how it used to be. When the banish option didn't exist so getting rid of a pawn meant killing them.

We can check the template and it'll show all the specifics on that brain scan. Note that it says "Race: Android". But Lulu didn't look anything like the other androids, her eyes weren't glowing. Well thats because there can be Androids made of different races, outside of the android race itself.

As an aside I checked what would be needed for a thrumbo. loving 1760 nutrient solution :lol: I can't imagine how long it'll take.

From this tiny person we will get a full size person! It'll take nearly 30 days to complete. I'm imagining if the nutrient cost is like 4 times more for a thrumbo, I'm gonna assume the grow time will also be multiplied by that amount. Between now and then we will need to keep on maintaining the vat, it'll have a "science" and "doctor" meter that slowly drains depending on the cleanliness of the room. If it hits 0 your clone dies. And if power goes out the maintenance will absolutely tank and you'll need to be on top of it until the power gets restored.

I got around to researching oil drilling which requires building a resource console to see where oil deposits are at.

And er... Its not looking promising. We have 2 small deposits within the valley....

... And the sizeable one is of course on the bottom left of the map.

I decide to exploit the small deposit in the valley, what good is drilling for oil if I don't take every drop? When placing over a deposit we'll see the full number, this one is only gonna give a bit over 13k oil. A crude oil container will hold 10k so yeah this is gonna be drained pretty quickly.

But placing the well isn't the only part! You then need to drill the well, which requires steel and then for 1-3 pawns to "supervise" the drilling. This takes a long time, it took me about 3 days and thats with 3 pawns with construction, 2 of who don't need to eat, sleep or do recreation.

Randy frowns upon exploiting the land and sends in another despoiler ship. I decide to ignore it for now.

While waiting for the drilling to go on I set up an oil tank and run some oil pipes into it. You may notice coming in from the bottom is more oil pipe, this is running to where the skip is parked so when I get chemfuel refining up it'll automatically refuel the ship.

Rimfeller has more than just fuel though, there is some of its own material that I guess is supposed to be plastic, and napalm.

I got an alert for another ruin, this one had no threats whatsoever and its not too impressive looking at first.

But holy poo poo it has over 40 advance components!

Also there are 4 buildings made out plasteel that I can deconstruct.

As there was no hostiles to begin with, as well as no drop pod raid showing up, I swipe up a bunch of stuff. A good amount of hay for the boomalopes, some glitterworld medicine and whatever leather was laying around so Sky can turn them into more hats.

At this point I add some outdoor lamps from the vanilla furniture expanded mod. They proved a good radius of light, only turn on at night and don't short out in rain. Its great because pawns complain about darkness while being outside in the dark. They also get mad at seeing dirt on the floor outside. Pawns complain a lot.

Expanded the oil operation, on the top left is a crude cracker that turns oil into chemfuel, which feeds into a chemfuel tank below it. This requires a pawn on the resource console to turn crude into chemfuel. Oh and its REALLY POWER INTENSIVE. At the default setting it takes up 3.6k power. At the lowest setting its still 1.2k.

With fabrication not only can we create components with steel through the fabrication bench on the right, but hauling bots as well. These as well as roombas are part of the Misc Robots mod, and they're simple robots that will do their namesake. They have a base station that they will return to to recharge their batteries, and there is a "Robot" tab added that'll let you see what robots you got, activate or deactivate them and set up their allowed area. So I got the hauling bot set to unrestricted, it can make runs outside of the valley .

Fortune favors the lazy, Randy dropped a pod raid right on top of the mechoids :jerky:

And said raiders are bringing down the thunder. Glad they're burning their MP on the mechoids rather then us.

Place your bets everyone!

Surprise the one who had like twice the numbers won. Then they lost to inferior numbers because a foxgirl in a thrumbofur button up and shorts > guns.

A lot of the equipment used in the Federation equipment uses foerum, which is kinda like ghetto plasteel.

After making sure some guests have a great visit, Jelly takes one of the joints they gave as a thanks and starts talking about how comfortable the furniture is.

I've put up some standing lamps in mountain bunker, but not in a way that'll put light on the firing positions. Any tile that is under an overhead mountain can possibly spawn an infestation, and what can determine where an infestation spawns is that they favor unlit areas. I am keeping light out of the firing positions though as a pawn being in the dark makes it harder for anyone to shoot them.

Oh uh, hi Rachel. This is awkward. Don't go into the research lab.

I've also successfully made some sales on the cowboy hats.

And after this group leaves we raise enough relations to get allied with the Hisa faction. When we are raided or have mechoids drop in our allies might send in drop pods of reinforcements. We can also directly ask this at the cost of reducing our goodwill. We can also ask them to send a trade caravan.

The Boomalopes have produced an offspring, look at that babby 'lope :3:

I've said I was thinking of making a second colony for strip mining. Well here we go, I sent out Average and click on Settle.

New colony! And hey, this location isn't that bad either, with a little valley surrounded by marsh.

I brought the skip along since it generates power, hooked up a battery and sent the stoneworks on over. This area has granite and marble around, which are the best for making walls with higher HP and for making items with higher beauty scores, respectively. I'll eventually send granite blocks over to get some more durable walls.

As I want 2 droids in each colony, welcome MadDogMike.

Back at home, the second farm plot is nearly full and the growing season has started. Since crops don't need to be maintained, just place and forget, I move the cultivator to the other plot and set it to grow. I'll move it as needed. The top crop is corn, the bottom will be rice.

And its a drat good thing I'm getting some veggies in :getin:

Look at all of those options. No longer does the colony subside on just cooked meat! There is quite a bit going on here, its a combination of the Vegetable Garden and Vanilla Cooking Expanded mods. I should explain food now:

In vanilla food comes in 3 tiers: Simple, fine, lavish. Each food item has a nutrition value and for the most part cooking increases the nutrition value more than what the individual parts are worth, the exception being lavish. Fine and lavish meals give a higher mood boost while simple gives none. If you have both meat and vegetables, there is no reason to go under fine meals. Its then a choice of either getting 80% extra nutrition out of your food for 5 mood, or getting 12 mood for a loss of 10% nutrition.

Bakes require flour and will make 2 times the food as regular meals, but those meals will be less filling.

Deserts require a fruit of some kind and they work more like drugs than actual meals, to get pawns to eat them you need to assign them in the drug policy. Pawns can get addicted to deserts.

For all the above you may have noticed a "gourmet" variant, this allows you to make a food that is less filling than the sum of its parts like a lavish meal, but you can also add a condiment to the item. Condiments give a temporary buff to your pawns. Most of these need to be researched and crafted, but we do have the option for one that just needs to be grown: Spice. This will give pawns a manipulation boost.

Make cocomilk, fruit drinks, garden coffee, garden/barely tea are all little snacks, some requiring a drug policy for pawns to eat, that give mood boosts.

Stir fries are pretty much exactly like fine meals, they even give the fine meal mood. But they also come with the bonus of a manipulation and blood filtration buff. Got a sick pawn? Shove a stir fry into their mouth, the blood filtration will get it out of their system faster.

Hardtacks are for turning flour into food without making a bake.

We can also make mana potions here, it replenishes MP but can be addictive. Making potions is kind of a pain in the rear end though, we need a psycoid leaf, smokeleaf and syrrium. Which reminds me that there is another magic research, to grow syrrium.

And there is even more we can get, we just need to research other options.

A ship from space crashlanded nearby, I believe this is from the Save Our Ship mod. These usually have one or two good pieces of loot without much threats.

And this ship apparently crashed directly into the mountain.

I send Hitomi and Sky over, popping open the ship there is a few mechoids...

Oh HELL yeah. This item we can use to instantly research whatever we are currently researching! No matter the cost! Gonna put this up to a vote.

Welcome Krysm to the colony. I give both him and MadDog the customary chain shotgun, at this point Shorty is producing excellent quality shotguns out of the aether. A wizard producing a bunch of shotguns with magic, sounds familiar.

Oh Randy, you're hard to hate, but even harder to love. Volcanic winters will darken your map and cool it down, killing flora and as a consequence have wildlife leave the map. And he did this right when growing season started back up :mad:

Now, despite a volcano firing off so much ash that its blocking the sun in the region, the other colony is not suffering this. Multiple colonies aren't really intended, and events that should cover a wide area don't effect other colonies at all. A pro strat is if you get surprised by say a toxic fallout you just caravan elsewhere and wait until the fallout dissipates .

Now I've come into a problem with our boomalopes, their tameness is running out and I don't have anyone who can get that in check. Was REALLY hoping Rachel joined to take care of that. And her clone is still a ways away, so I ended up taking a genome scan of the boomalopes and then selling them to the next merchant.

Our first inspiration hit, inspirations will give a random buff to a pawn that lasts for a few days. It can be something like simply moving faster, aiming better, being able to recruit the next prisoner/tame an animal 100%.

Or you can get a surgery inspiration on someone with 4 medical. Yeah love your commitment, but that inspiration is gonna fizzle out.

I got the other colony all set up. A storage room to hold stuff, a butcher room to cut up all animals, a stoneworker to make bricks. I have dubbed this colony Recycle Factory, as it will make stuff to be used at the main colony.

Randy you're hard to love, but even harder to hate.

As mentioned earlier, infestations can pop up in any tile that is considered under an overhead mountain. If you ever thought "Why not live in the mountain", this is the answer to that. 11 hives have sprouted up along with a bunch of insects. The hives will reproduce, not only making more bugs but an additional hive. So this stuff can double over the next 5 days, and those new ones will also have the ability to reproduce. The bugs will also start mining to make a bigger space for more hives

This is the answer to bugs, 1 tile wide funnel with a bunch of people behind them firing inside. Bugs are the other reason you want some hardy melee pawns cause otherwise you will just get swarmed to poo poo.

May as well talk about the different bug types. The weakest ones, you may be able to make it out on the lower right on the floor, is the megascarab. They're normally not a big threat, but they're quick and will slow your pawns down for something more threatening to come by.

On the left is a spelopede, more threatening than the megascarab and can do some damage to a single pawn.

In front and on the right is the megaspider. These are the big threats, they do a lot of damage and can take a lot of punishment. Good thing we have a monk to sit up front.

By the way they are all considered animals and could be tamed. Hell I could take their genomes and make clones. But bugs are gross.

This is the other pain in the rear end with bugs. Making sure you finish them all off when they collapse.

I put half the bodies for cremation and the other half to be butchered, we can use their meat in kibble as well as making protein mash. You may be able to make out some meat hooks on the bottom left, this lets us store multiple bodies in one tile. In the food baskets you can see that yellow greenish mound, its insect jelly. Gives a decent mood boost for eating and when we research it, we can turn it into a condiment.

I named the remaining boomalope calf to Drakenel.

When pawns make higher leveled items (furniture, weapons) they can put art on it. The art generator for Rimworld is... something to be sure. Anyways I wanted to show this because its called "Thirsty Son"

Speaking of thirst, time to take the naked foxgirl out of her vat.

All clones will get a sizeable mood penalty at the start, after 3 days they'll get a new one called "Acceptance" that lasts for 20 days and gives -3 mood.

So this is awkward, I named her after Dervin as they offered their name for whatever when I got to this point. However I noticed that her first name is Keanu and then I started thinking of the Matrix, remember the Matrix? Remember shades and leather jackets? Remember 22 years ago?

Anyways I'll give Dervin their wish on being an android or animal instead as I'll eventually change Keanu's job title to "The One"

Oh man Randy I love ya, despite the difficulty. A raid showed up and waited around before attacking, then a man hunting pack of wargs showed up right next to them.

Like 15 wargs vs 20 tribals. It was entertaining to watch.

The tribals won out in the end

During this time in Recycle Factory, Randy dropped a bunch of protein mash. I think he and I are starting to understand one another.

Thats another perk of multiple colonies, they both get events. Of course this means they also get their own raids, but thats ok its fine. Also each colony has its own separate system for events, so Recycle Factory will be getting some more favorable events and its raids will be less intense then Tunia's. And since the droids can't level up skills, which keeps their wealth low, and its deconstructing stuff to send out, the colony's wealth will be lower so the events wont be as harsh.

Back at Tunia, the tribals start to show up. I have Hitomi take potshots from the mountain. Heh, their bows can't even shoot this far :smug:

:supaburn:

If you think I'm having it too easy with all my mage pawns, well first gently caress you I played this game legit back in the day. Secondly the enemy has access to it all too.

After cleaning up that raid I look over at the wargs, note that they have "scaria" on the top. It keeps them as a manhunter (in most cases, an animal sleeping will make them stop) but even worse: When they die, they have a high chance to instantly rot. At first I thought my game was bugged when this was introduced, this is a relatively recent change.

I guess when a player manages to fight off a 100 strong wolf manhunting pack they should be told to eat rear end instead of eat delicious wolf meat. This is a taste of the dev's sometimes awful balance decisions.

Now with that brain template I scanned before, Keanu has just enough animal skill to handle boomalopes, so I set her to train Drakenel to be able to guard a pawn.

And since she is a brawler with really high melee stats, I hand her a torch sword from the fabrication bench. Its a sword that stabs FIRE. There was a sword fight in the Matrix yeah?

And to end this off, I found an animal neurotrainer for sale and applied to her. She doesn't have enough skill to handle wolves, but she does have enough for a fox!

Leal fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 10, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
First thing we should vote on, what do I use that tech prof persona on? It'll instantly research whatever is currently on the research queue.

I've currently been research the Albatross, the next step up on the SRTS line, and I'm almost done with it. However the next item, the Phoenix, costs 48,000 research points. This will let me clear out a very research intensive item, however we wont be able to craft it for a long time cause its hella expensive to make. This is just some work now to save time later on.

We can grab bionics instantly, we can give Hitomi the chrome she's been wanting. Also we can give Jelly a cyber eye rather than an organic one which will help her with doctoring, now that we have Keanu available as a doctor.

Battle Droids, no need to spend time researching, we can get some combat oriented droids immediately.

Advance Fabrication will let us make advance components at the fabrication bench, but more importantly its a research lock for starting research for androids and spaceship stuff. Its expensive to research, so this can save us time later on.

And then a focus for research

Food, more crops to grow and more food recipes to cook with. I'll also go a bit into automation to get greenhouse related research done.

Furniture, comfier beds, more recreation, more hygiene

Drugs, Sky has only gotten her fix off raider drops, maybe she deserves a more steady supply. Oh and I guess there is legit medicinal stuff here as well.

Automation, it'll be a great boon to Recycle Factory

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Grab some bionics, more mad science is needed.
After that, some food would be nice.

That Speak Up mod was a good get, making a fight between tribals and wargs much more lively with chatter is nice.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Battle droid! So I can be a battle bot! Also food

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Daw, I'm cute now. :3:

Honestly, you're fairly secure. I'd say go ahead and use it on the Phoenix since you want it. Get the most bang for your proverbial buck. You can survive long enough to research bionics normally.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I vote Phoenix and Food. We might not be able to make the Phoenix for a while but I feel bad when I use something like that for less than maximum points.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Leal posted:

As I want 2 droids in each colony, welcome MadDogMike.

I'm a hobo robot with a shotgun!

As for voting, Phoenix since I agree with senrath about maxing out the value of these little windfalls (and "lack of materials to make it" seems to be one of those things RNG can adjust anyway), and Food.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

MadDogMike posted:

I'm a hobo robot with a shotgun!

Hell yeah, recycling buddy! Time to dismantle the world!

I'd vote for Advanced Fabrication since advanced components gate so much, and Automation because I am biased towards making the recycle factory even better!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Pro gamer tip - if you get a dud autojoin, you can imprison them, then break the prison so they can escape (take out a wall or something that gives them a free path to the edge of the map) and they'll leave the colony and you don't get a mood debuff.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Battledroids. Raiders falling from the sky into the middle of your base with doom rockets and poo poo tons of bugs shtting out poo poo tons of bugs will become the norm for you sooner or later. You need an expendable army to hold off that bullshit.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

I was leaning towards bionics, but I’m going to go with BATTLE DROIDS. We’ll need an expendable army of high powered combatants if Randy’s gonna keep throwing poo poo at you.

Also DORF ME YOU COWARD.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Droids

You play with nearly the same modlist I do and that's awesome. Also you made me want to check out the Rimfactory mod which I never used before.

Also: Please name a bot after me

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Changing my first vote to Droids. Upon reflection, battlebots are needed indeed.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Droid time.
On that note, Bot me, please

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there anything stopping you from making multiple copies of the same person?

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

The Lone Badger posted:

Some remaining sense of morality- no, wait, we're playing Rimworld, that can't be it. Also, because I neglected to comment on it in my first post:

quote:

And since she is a brawler with really high melee stats, I hand her a torch sword from the fabrication bench. Its a sword that stabs FIRE. There was a sword fight in the Matrix yeah?

Is it me, or does this picture radiate strong "while you were making hats, I was studying the blade" energy?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

There is nothing stopping you from making multiple copies, you'll just need an extra clone vat + genome for each clone, or wait between each one.

MadDogMike posted:

Is it me, or does this picture radiate strong "while you were making hats, I was studying the blade" energy?

I did think about writing a "Sighs, draws katana" joke but held my tongue.

And I'm gonna go and close voting now. The persona will get our war droids now and we'll expand on food.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Drug me a Phoenix, please

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Your modlist is almost insane enough so if you're still taking applicants for the dumpster fire then sign me up. Since it seems you're really leaning into the goofy magical anime bullshit, I'll leave it up to whatever absurdity "Jojo as hell" means to you.

Leal posted:

Speaking of, food poisoning happened a few times so I've placed steel tiles around the cooker to keep it clean. I would do the entire room but it was gonna cost like 400 steel and I wanna hold it.

Worth noting that some Rimfactory buildings like the meatgrinder/smelter/etc have significant cleanliness penalties, while the various cookers give a room cleanliness bonus. So it might help to put your butchery in a separate room and use a conveyor or puller to move the items.

Also unless it got changed, nobody complains if a non-colonist butchers humanoids; so for kibble or spamming clones/androids you can just disappear raiders into the Fully-Automated Meatcrimes Factory and let your grinder or Misc++ bot deal with the horrorshow.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The Deaths of Haulbot

Pictured: A naked old man wearing nothing but a cowboy hat. I fully support him.

With the volcanic winter it gets really dark at night now, so its easier to make out the lighting from all the outdoor lamps I set up.

I've also set up a chemfuel pump in the warehouse, this is how we get chemfuel out of the tank as a usable item. On the resource console we can set an amount of chemfuel to keep pumped out. I'll just keep the 150 stack limit, it'll quickly pump out more fuel whenever we use it up.

And then a drop pod comes in - but this time something messed up and sent them all over the map.

I get everyone ready but there is a problem with our new recruit: She is a heavy sleeper. Which means she wont wake up until fully rested. Even if you take the bed apart from under her. This is a problem.

For some reason I never considered the fact that some of these haywire pods fell into the valley, and Krysm eats some feral machine pistols. Note the red exclamation, pawns have a setting when they spot something hostile that determines how they act. Default is they will run away and in vanilla this can cause a lot of problems. You can promptly enlist them and properly set them to move, but I got a mod that lets me set up a point where pawns will run to. They can also ignore it or to attack.

There are 4 total in the base proper, with another 2 that landed offscreen to the left. One of those assholes crashed into the warehouse where I set up the dismantling stuff and set the furnace on fire.

I get Sky to help Krysm out. Note hauling bot on the bottom left, whenever someone dies it deploys to start hauling.

Oh neat, our allies chose to drop in on their own. That doesn't cost any goodwill. And they happen to drop by a few raiders...

Meanwhile, back at base we have this issue with Keanu not waking up.

*bonk*

Shorty shows how arson is supposed to be done

See how YOU like being set on fire :mad:

Our allies pop out and holy poo poo look at that gear. Gauss rifles, plasma rifles and lancers. And the 2 poor saps who got a club and knife.

I've spotted the Ferals special unit.

Can't really say much about them, they often die before getting into melee range.

Once they cleared out everyone outside, the reinforcements hang around for a few days before leaving. They complain about the corpses that they made.

I've researched deep oil drilling and constructed a deep scanner and hey, several deep deposits are in the valley!

I may as well talk about the deep scanner: It sucks. In the past you would turn it on and it'll show where underground deposits are at, then you bring a drill over to get it. You wouldn't know what is in a deposit until you bring your drill over, but generally smaller deposits were more valuable stuff. Now you need to have pawns research on it to make progress to finding a single random deposit. This is a problem because it takes a long time to do it, but it also pulls a pawn from research to do it, but also the scanner is a lower priority so if there is any open benches your pawns will use that instead. So you'll either need to forbid benches or manually tell a pawn to prioritize the scanner.

On display is most of the Feral equipment. I'm a fan of the helmet with the angry face to the bottom left of the crematorium.

To keep up with all the equipment being dropped, I set up 2 wooden crates from the Rimfactory mod. It contains 16 stacks of anything, which makes it a better storage type than anything possible. But I don't want a warehouse full of boxes that I can't do a quick look over to see whats inside.

This is a quest added by Rimmagic, I wont say no to getting some free mana potions. Its always nice to have an emergency back up in the event of a mana drain. I haven't mentioned them yet, but there can be mana drains and mana surges. Drains can be threatening because if magic pawns lose all their magic they start getting a weakness and can die from it.

Huh, why do tribals have a solar array and a bunch of refrigerators?

And nearby is this weird rear end building, with a sink and an electric furnace. I think a ruin got mixed into the map generation.

The attack went fine, Hitomi sniped while Sky punched.

I've picked up autodoors research and started placing them around high traffic areas. Doors open at speeds depending on what material the door is made out of, with autodoors a wooden door opens instantly and stone doors open as quick as a regular wood door. Pawns moving quickly through the freezer and the warehouse is great for efficiency.

I've set up a bunch of chemfuel barrels along the path leading to the valley, just shoot them and watch them explode. Some weird rear end quirk can have the barrel explode, which then drops some chemfuel as if it was deconstructed, and that can be set on fire from the original explosion to cause a second one.

Now the boilers, the gas boiler creates 2k units of heat. For comparison, the electric one is only generating 1.5k heat for a decent chunk of power. I destroy the electric one and make a second gas boiler, now our heating system is completely independent from power.

Among the magic research options was a gem bench, which lets us make gems to enchant stuff. Most of them require jade so I haven't touched it, but this item only requires magicyte. The gem of physical/arcane insight will make a pawn who uses it physically/magically adept, which is needed to become a class of those types.

There is another option beyond picking a class, there is a class that adept pawns can promote into that doesn't get access to any of the other classes unique stuff, but they can level up in ways that will buff the general all around class skills. For example, the magic one can make a smoke cloud appear when they use the blink spell.

As for what to make Keanu? I'm thinking a bladedancer.

I've finished off Albatross research and hooooly poo poo look at that cost. 2.5k steel. 6k silver. Long term project, but its gonna be so worth it.

I'm showing this not only for its title, but also because it has crabs. Thats a joke only the real fans will get.

Then some mechoids dropped into the valley and loving murdered Haulbot! Whenever they are destroyed you will need to find their basestation and click "repair droid", which costs a few components and some plasteel. Thankfully the droid drops some plasteel on death.

I got enough jade to make a magic circle which lets use make a few things happen at the cost of materials and magic. Unfortunately a lot of them need 3 mages, and we only got 2.

Heatwave and Cold Snap will make those weather effects happen.

Name of the Wind will make wind speed pick up, this is so windmills work at higher efficiency.

Psychic Soothe makes that event pop

Healing Rain will make rain that heals pawns.

Nature's Gift will make a random event happen.

Call of the Wild will "entice wild animals"

Terrestrial Beacon will make something fall from space, such as ship parts.

Attract Meteors will cause a meteor of a random material to drop.

Skeleton will raise a corpse as a disposable pawn that will go away in 5 days

Giant Skeleton will take 4 corpses to make a bigger skeleton.

Mystic Weapon will take 2 of the higher end weapons to make an uber weapon.

Arcane Augmentation will "apply numerous buffs to colonists"

Blight Wildlife gives all wildlife the plague

Predator's Rage makes all animals turn manhunter against hostiles.

Arcane Inspiration will give a pawn a random inspiration

Divine Blessing will "heal an ailing pawn"

Summon demon and lich will cause an event where those things attack.

I should mention there are some events in rimmagic where the lich shows up without being summoned, there is also a magic rift one but I've disabled them cause they're kinda bullshit. The rift will cause constant meteors to hit the colony while its up and the lich summons a fuckload of skeletons that take silly amounts of damage to kill.

Another raid and some of them got shield belts. Need to get a set for my melee pawns.

Oh god this loving attack again, and they killed Toaster! Hitomi and Jelly are badly wounded not only from this attack, but from Toaster exploding when he died.

Its ok though, we have the technology, we can build a new Toaster.

While cleaning up this raid I find one of these, biocoded weapons. Remember MGS4? I'm so disappointed that there isn't a Drebin mod. So yeah, know how clothing gets tainted when a pawn dies? Well Tynan had to find out a way to not let players get too powerful from scavenging gear, so this was the answer. The only thing you can do with these is scrap them for metal. At least there is that, there is another equipment modifier called a death acidfier that will just melt the drat weapon when the owner dies.

Though with the arcane forge, I'm sure we can replicate biodcoded stuff.

The organ vat is a much smaller vat that we can grow not only organs, but limbs as well. I get Jelly a new eyeball.

As a side note... organs are worth quite a bit. Might not be a bad hustle to make some extra organs and sell them. I mean, its not like we are taking them out of prisoners are anything.

The original oil spot had run completely to 0 so I deconstructed the well and built another one elsewhere. And then when deconstructing the pipe that gets dug for extraction, I noticed that the resource is actually replenishing. Thats odd.

And then one of our guests goes on a fire starting spree and I cannot talk them down. Then I realize something: I can't even arrest them, since we have no prison. What follows is me following her around with someone to immediately extinguish whatever they torch.

After giving Jelly her new eye I look around to see if anyone else needs some patching up and how are you still alive? Shorty got her neck destroyed, despite being the one furthest from that holy attack and not being near Toaster's explosion. I'm gonna have to look for a mechanite healer to fix this.

I've expanded the longue, bigger bathroom as there has been a few walk ins, and expanding the kitchen layout.

I've also researched Advance Computing, its also a research lock and also works like a multi analyzer in giving a research buff.

Got another ally, people just love our stir frys.

After the upteenth explosion I put up some circuit breakers cause I'm sick of that poo poo.

Another despoiler ship crashed down, when I activated the mechoids they decided to move into the mountain.

Thanks for making a single tile wide chokepoint!

At this point I finally use the techprof and get combat droids researched.

Combat droids are far more expensive to make, 18 components and 500 steel. They also take about a day to be made.

Meet Dervinosdoom, er again. Combat droids have a few things going for them: They have 12 skill in ranged and melee and get a bunch of defenses. On top of the usual no sleep/food/joy needs. Oh and they can hold twice as much as other pawns, so they can haul more poo poo around.

The downside is that they do not do any labour that isn't hauling, though they can do the recon j ob. They also cannot equip any armor. Finally they do not collapse at all, meaning if they get bogged down in a fight and can't escape, they are going to die. Oh and their explosion is far more powerful than a regular droid.

After the arsonist incident, I put a little prison in the corner of the valley. It shall be known as the Timeout Corner. Even if I'm not gonna recruit prisoners, I still need the ability to arrest unruly colonist.

The droids at Tunia have been idle for a bit, so I sent them packing to Recycle Factory to help with mining. I'm not really finding much of anything, need to get my exploration tunnels going faster.

To go with our new war droids I've looked into getting some recon. Since they cannot do any job that isn't hauling, I need to give them something to do. While looking out we have a detection range and a vision range. When something is detected we are told what it can be, as if gets closer some more details will be known. When they get in the vision range we'll know exactly what it is.

Like so, a bunch of polar bears are on their way. We can see exactly where it'll be coming in at, which is nice in setting up a few sniper to take a few shots when they show up.

And while we cremate the bodies, what shows up at the crematorium then another loving infestation. Oh and some guests are just hanging out in there for some reason, I set up a guest only area to get them out of there.

And Haulbot just cruises straight in to deliver a bear corpse and loving dies again

As I'm setting up the funnel to clear them out a gigantic loving explosion happened that started the gently caress out of me and I didn't get the screenshot of when it happened. What happened, why did this happen, what the gently caress?

One of our guests is some sort of bombardier class and he decides to "help out" by lobbing a god drat breaching charge in the middle of the melee. Everyone is deeply wounded and he destroyed the crematorium as well as all the nutrient solution and protein mash I had stored in there. Fucker is lucky the organ or clone vats were destroyed.

Keanu does some therapy by walking our fox Terry. Wait, did I forget to mention that? Well yeah I made a fox and named her Terry. Also foxgirls walking a fox, this poo poo is hosed

And as food won the vote I've researched improved farming, which lets me make a mk 2 drone cultivator that has a sunlamp on it. I've built up a roof and had to put 3 large radiators inside to keep the room warm.

And then... oh yes. Yesss. This thing fucks. It is far faster than the skip, has better fuel effeciency, can hold 7 passengers AND can hold 2,200 kg of weight compared to the skip's 170kg.

SUP FUCKERS

SORRY TO DROP ON IN

:sickos:

I did all that for some necklaces, from the Jewelry mod. Now who gets it, lesse, between Sky, Dervin, Hitomi and Shorty....

Dervin is a robot, and as such couldn't wear it anyways

Sky is a monk and therefore is supposed to forsake such material worth.

So Hitomi and Shorty it is!

Leal fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jun 11, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

silentsnack posted:

Also unless it got changed, nobody complains if a non-colonist butchers humanoids; so for kibble or spamming clones/androids you can just disappear raiders into the Fully-Automated Meatcrimes Factory and let your grinder or Misc++ bot deal with the horrorshow.

The meat grinder does give a "we butchered human-like"penalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Can you export corpses to the Recycling Factory colony and bring nutrient solution back?