Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Can you export corpses to the Recycling Factory colony and bring nutrient solution back?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Well, there's my droid persona's first death. But as long as there is the materials and technology, it will persist through multiple future deaths on forevermore as new models.

Randy sure hasn't been pulling his punches on this group.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Leal posted:

The meat grinder does give a "we butchered human-like"penalty.
Ah, figured they'd get to that eventually. Dunno if they ever got around to fixing the obscure missing-bodyparts(???) bug that makes rimfactory haulerdrones murder your framerate whenever anyone uses certain AOE spells anywhere on the map; guess there's a way to find out.

Leal posted:

The original oil spot had run completely to 0 so I deconstructed the well and built another one elsewhere. And then when deconstructing the pipe that gets dug for extraction, I noticed that the resource is actually replenishing. Thats odd.
Yeah crude oil is somehow a renewable resource. Or at least Rimefeller appears to say just automatically refills on planets littered with magitech artifacts, and where you can just dig complex machinery out of the ground :iiam:

So it helps to have like 3~4 wells built over separate oil reservoirs (making Deep Wells basically an additional mandatory research tax if you use chemfuel for power) and just cycle through switching off the extractors.

Of course you've got SOS2 so you've got the fission option... But while I'm reminded of mod-interaction bugs: can you still send SRTS to (non-impassable-placeholder-maptile) space destinations? and if so can you still use the improved ship sensors to airstrike or land directly inside enemy ships and instantly win the battle, then build your own bridge/core to capture the ship intact with minimal explosions/death? That was a funny way to counter the bullshit-overpowered enemy ships, and cut down on RNG-heavy tedium of grinding for salvage.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

silentsnack posted:

Ah, figured they'd get to that eventually.

At the very least it seems they changed it so you can butcher out of colony and not have people in the other colony go "drat, someone got butchered"

E: Randy isn't happy

Leal fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jun 11, 2021

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Leal posted:

As a side note... organs are worth quite a bit. Might not be a bad hustle to make some extra organs and sell them. I mean, its not like we are taking them out of prisoners are anything.

Since you're blendering down bodies and prisoners to make your nutrient goo, aren't you still making organs out of people?

Leal posted:

Keanu does some therapy by walking our fox Terry. Wait, did I forget to mention that? Well yeah I made a fox and named her Terry. Also foxgirls walking a fox, this poo poo is hosed

D'aww :kimchi:

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yes! Now I'm a killbot! AHAHAHAHAHA

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Randy Laughs

I've made an arctic wolf and named it HereticMIND. I think my next project for the barn will be proper beds for the animals to sleep.

The greenhouse is coming along nicely, I got the usual corn but on the bottom right is some grapes and bottom left is devilstrand. Devilstrand in vanilla is the best clothing material you can reliably get access to, though it does take a long time to grow. The grapes are considered a fruit and any meal that has fruit in it will give a mood buff when eaten.

I should mention what it takes to make these cultivators, besides steel, plasteel and components, we need to make several Rimfactory components such as drones, simple machine frames and weak AI chips. Each requiring their own amount of steel, plasteel and components.

More allies from our stir frys

Pictured: Hitomi making yayo out of the ether. Whenever we get enough produce in the fridge I'll switch the garden over to psychoid leaves so we can make more drugs.

Venom... Snake?! This LP has all the callbacks

This time they have arrived in groups. And yeah, 41 of them? Thats tribals for ya.

Neat our new allies have dropped in... right on top of the enemy.

Well that didn't last long

As our allies run off, I see that one of them is carrying one of their friends out with them. This is a mod.

AND WHOSE loving FAULT IS THAT :mad:

I hooked Devin up with a minigun, its got a long range and fires a lot of bullets. It may not be the most accurate weapon, but when you got 41 tribals rushing you, it doesn't matter if you hit what you're aiming at, as long as you hit SOMETHING.

Also it has suppressing effects, note how some pawns are hunched over and the one on the right has a little sparkle over their head. This is also a mod, I found it dumb that I can spray so many bullets at a mob and if none of those shots landed then it was pointless. Suppressed pawns move slower and get aim penalties.

And then for some reason a chunk of the mountain fell on top of Average :psyduck: I have no loving clue why, I see that there is an explosion but it didn't destroy any foundation.

And then Krysm gets one shotted by a Ranger class using an ability. I managed to clean up the raid after that and get to rebuilding the droids.

Randy why

This time the raid is a siege, where enemy builds up some barricades and mortars to bomb your base. They get dropped the materials to make it all and ammunition to shell you with. These can be frustrating cause its your base getting blown to poo poo. But eh, when compared to sappers or drop pods falling inside your base I don't find it much worse.

I'll briefly talk about mortars: They loving suck. They use finite ammunition that you need to craft or buy and have atrocious accuracy. Let's say I place my shot dead center of the above screenshot. There is roughly a 99% chance that the shot will land outside of the screen. Seriously, mortars, just don't bother.

I often sally out and take them out, without magic I just snipe at people until I kill enough that they turn into a normal raid. Or bring someone with an incendiary launcher to torch their munitions.

But I do have magic and have Shorty launch fire directly into the siege, setting a bunch of their munitions on fire. What do you fuckers gotta say about that?

..... Touche. I have no idea how Shorty managed to survive getting directly shot by a rocket launcher. And hey, rocket launchers. Raids start bringing them to mess with your killbox, this is why you build multiple to get them to burn them at the start, as they only have a single shot.

I'd like to note that this is directly after the tribal raid. Everyone is still wounded and the droids are still being rebuilt.

One of the raiders was the leader of the faction, and now she is dead.

A screaming from the cosmos, a loud "OH YEAH" is heard as the mechoid ships comes crashing down, like Randy Savage performing a flying elbow drop directly onto my neck

And as his elbow pushes into my flesh, so drops a raid of federation soldiers.

Here is some more federation uniques.

Unlike the previous "animals" that they or the ferals brought, these actually have ranged weapons. And they're pretty quick to boot.

And of course they land next to the mechoids and aggro them, waking them up :shepface:

I then noticed some AOE attacks happening and find these guys.

Tougher, slower, but that AOE shot isn't a joke.

The federation fighting the mechoids helped thin numbers on both ends and finally, peace. I'd like to note over the span of a single day there was a tribal raid, a siege by pirates, a mechoid ship drop and finally a federation raid. I had to bring the droids from Recycle Factory to help move all the bodies.

And what better way to relax after that than to throw a party? Go Shorty, we're gonna party like its your birthday.

And then one of our guests decides to insult Keanu and she kicks his rear end for it.

I get another war droid, bios. I know you wanted it lower case but the game auto capitalized it. If there is gonna be another batch of raids like that I'll need more bullets thrown downrange.

Question not why the bodies are being piled into the albatross

Do not ask why Recycle Factory is receiving the bodies.

Do not question what is in your new eyeball.

I mean they're being burned into fertilizer, recycle factory needs crops to turn into nutrient solution.

A mod I have has friendly factions ask us for help in attacking hostile faction, its a neat little thing. I of course accept it for more bling :whatup:

While heading out, I've also created Deadmeat the war droid. He'll be hanging around Recycle Factory as some security. I can also set him to go out and hunt all the wildlife to make protein mash when there is a lull in human bodies

I drop in and everything is underway, 5 friendlies are going against 7 enemies. Honestly the friendlies could have handled it themselves, by the time my people got close there was only 2 hostiles still standing.

I get some research done in the food line, courtesy of Vanilla Cooking Expanded. With the electric pot we can make soup. Soups take 3 days to simmer and yields a bunch of meals at the end. Normally you get 20 meals, gourmets only give 10. This means I can really stretch out condiments and I will stop making gourmet meals and only going with gourmet soups.

Other food stuff I have researched is Canning, which lets us take 1 steel to preserve 20 food, a cheese press to make cheese from milk, a condiment prep table to make more condiments, a grill that slows down food need but gets ruined when chilled and a deep fryer that'll give joy when eaten but increases cholesterol. And in regards to condiments, Rimfactory has a food processor that can also make condiments.

I get a notification about some ruins and this place is bumping. All kinds of friendly and hostile forces all around this huge ruin.

As I get closer I notice that there is some active turrets still up, need to keep clear of that.

Oh god. Even if I'm not near any enemies I can still get hit by a map wide range spell.

The federation soldiers just grab whatever and start taking off and I notice one of them has one of those power batteries.

DENIED

Holy poo poo, look at this rec room. A pool table, roulette table and poker table, bunch of arcades and a dartboard. But uh, they're all poor quality and I think our colony deserves better. Sadly this was the only room with something of note, the vast majority of the other rooms are bedrooms and those that aren't were fridges.

I bring home a bunch of neutroamine, that battery, plasteel, various mortar shells and dank rear end weed. Oh and in the top left is an EMP launcher, since wardroids can carry more stuff I have one of them hold it to use against mechoids.

Oh and I brought home a radio. It has an AOE around it that provides a "listening to music" buff. Also I set up a medicinal cabinet to store our joints.

Its time to have Keanu finally be a class, I'm making her a ninja. Apparently Keanu Reeves recently was trained by a ninja or something this year so its timely. I'm sorry I didn't go with some sort of Cyberpunk joke, I haven't actually played that game and all I know about it is that Keanu is breathtaking and people posting that piss yellow background patchnotes that was definitely funny after the first day.

Ninjas are actually a hybrid class, so they get both magic and might xp. And higher leveled mages can train lower leveled ones.

So Keanu is getting xp from everyone, which is good cause Ninja abilities are pricey to level up.

Shorty gets a creativity inspiration, which makes sure her next crafted item gets a boost in quality. Shame that Sky is a monk, cause a weapon with her on it would be great.

So yea Keanu is now a dual wielding mother fucker. Ninjas use swords right? I've seen some Naruto and there was a ninja who held like 6 swords or some poo poo, checks out. Now about the class itself, on the might side:

Garrote is a ranged attack that stuns an enemy.

Impaling Strike causes their target to bleed

Venom Strike poisons an enemy

Assassinate does a bunch of heavy strikes against an enemy and will replenish the cooldown if it "overkills" them.

Shadow Strike teleports the attacker behind their target and does a heavy hit and gives them 5 seconds of haste.

Veil of Shadows will make the caster invisible and put a bunch of smoke near the caster.

On the magic side we have Shadow Clone which gives an ally stealth and double attack speed.

Shadow Shuriken throws a shuriken at an enemy that damages them and inflicts silence. As you level it up more effects is added

Hyoton does an AOE that freezes the area and leaves behind snow that slows movement

Katon is an AOE fire bomb.

Ketsuekiton is a bomb attack that can ignite blood into more powerful explosions

And now that we technically have 3 mages, time to use that magical circle.

Holy poo poo. Thankfully none landed in a bad spot.

Another mechoid drop, for some reason one of them has a name. I looked up why and every answer was that a mod that I do not have nor ever have installed was doing it.

The EMP launcher is amazing against mechoids, an AOE stun that can keep them stun locked for some time. Keeping lancers from firing their gently caress you lasers is a god send.

More visitors show up and despite there being way more than there used to be, not a single one of them is Kyrstal. However 2 of Hitomi's daughters show up, which gives us enough relationship to already provide 1 friend towards recruitment. Unfortunately er... Hitomi's daughters suck. One of them has bloodlust where they'll start social fights more often which is annoying as poo poo and has this compounding effect where they fight someone, that person dislikes them for it, which reduces social, which makes them more likely to start a fight, which further reduces relations.

Her other daughter has ascetic, where they get pissed for having nice rooms and eating cooked food instead of raw food. I don't want to deal with that.

Now for the other guests, Stars here has some good skills AND has trigger happy. Trigger happy is an amazing skill, for a negligible penalty to accuracy they get 50% reduced aim time. Throw a minigun on them and have them brap brap brap constantly into a crowd, or give them a sniper and have them take specific targets out far more quickly.

And holy poo poo there is this one. Fast walker makes them move faster, but look at those last 3. Brawler, nimble and tough are loving amazing for a melee pawn. Brawler gives the pawn a mood penalty for holding a gun but they get more accuracy is melee combat. Nimble gives them a sizeable dodge chance. Tough is a straight -50% to damage taken. Also that social stat is nice, I could use a second socialite to help with guests.

In the end I couldn't get enough friends, and seeing how Krystal has hosed off to the ether I don't want to risk losing out on the last pawn, so I forcefully recruit her. Force is an extremely hefty penalty...

Lost our alliance and are in the negatives now. Another 26 loss in relations and we'll be getting attacked by these people. But its fine, a few more stir frys and things will be fine.

Meet Lina, someone who has been waiting to get named for a long time. She has a -20 moodlet for being forced to stay that is gonna last 15 days.

Now her class is a red mage, but that class is for using both ranged and melee, and she is a brawler so that has to go. The Shard of Spirit Extraction will remove her class and leave behind some essences that we can use to earn xp.

I plan on making her a gladiator, a death knight would be great but it gives a severe penalty to social skills.

Overhead a prosthetics trader stopped over and I got Hitomi a new eye. It was only 1.6k silver

And Hitomi is absolutely ecstatic, not a single bad moodlet for her. A +4 for a single bionic, up to a +13 for getting I believe 4 pieces?

Oh and another neat thing, its not just her own chrome but she'll admire other pawns getting chromed up and will get relation bonuses with them.

Then this happens at Recycle Factory of all places.

Repent now sinners!

Oh god the demon charged at MadDogMike who is currently all alone :ohdear:

Well there is another droid death.

Oh god they can loving FLY and the demon just flew over the walls and is gunning it for Toaster. When the demons lands from flying it causes an AOE explosion around them.

So I believe all the worker droids died this update.

I'd like to note that as soon as the pop up happened I had reinforcements set up to help out, this is how quick the demon worked. Now see how Sky and Keanu is on the top left, while the demon is on the bottom right loving up Hitomi. I'm not an idiot who can't position right, the demon just decided mid melee to fly over to Hitomi.

Alright he's down! Just gotta finish him off

Leal fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 12, 2021

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
What mod is the 'help allies fight' quest? I like that.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Randy is relentless sometimes, Jesus. How many attacks was that?

Also go ahead and throw my name onto the bot pile. Preferably a combat droid!

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Leal posted:

Oh god the demon charged at MadDogMike who is currently all alone :ohdear:

Well there is another droid death.

Dragged off to Hell by demons... I wish I could say that was a surprising fate really.

quote:

So yea Keanu is now a dual wielding mother fucker. Ninjas use swords right?

*Studying the blade energy intensifies*

MadDogMike fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 12, 2021

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

Randy Laughs

You missed out on some good loot and it's an "F U" to boot.

I learned that I can trade with guests to get whatever they're holding, or they'll just leave random stuff behind.

I am surprised you haven't gotten or bought more stuff from your guests.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I'm surprised that all of the attacks haven't cascaded into complete destruction of your colony yet, jeez. That be the power of Mods.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
You know, the best thing about being a robot is that death is just a minor inconvenience. Even better, it sometimes might mean upgrades!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

:blastback::awesomelon:

too bad about the capitalization, but eh what can you do, no biggie

also btw yayo is slang for cocaine

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

BARK BARK MOTHERFUCKERS

I expected a pawn or droid. I wasn’t expecting an animal. This is way cooler than I could have ever hoped for and I demand that we receive periodic updates on how the dog is doing purely to satisfy my ego.

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
Things appear to be getting crazy. I now want in on the naming. I'll take any robo or pawn.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Leal posted:

Meet Lina, someone who has been waiting to get named for a long time. She has a -20 moodlet for being forced to stay that is gonna last 15 days.

Now her class is a red mage, but that class is for using both ranged and melee, and she is a brawler so that has to go. The Shard of Spirit Extraction will remove her class and leave behind some essences that we can use to earn xp.

I plan on making her a gladiator, a death knight would be great but it gives a severe penalty to social skills.

:hellyeah: gently caress 'em up

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

dwarf me as the most abomination-of-science thing you can create.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

this polite mid-violent-warg-death chitchat is hilarious

dorf me as mojangles, some kind of robot plz

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Sorry for the late response, I was at the last minute at getting that update out before going to work.

Drakenel posted:

What mod is the 'help allies fight' quest? I like that.

Joint Battles.

DoubleNegative posted:

Randy is relentless sometimes, Jesus. How many attacks was that?

4 attacks in the span of a single day. I think it only became a second day just because the clock ticked over 12 am.

HereticMIND posted:

BARK BARK MOTHERFUCKERS

I expected a pawn or droid. I wasn’t expecting an animal. This is way cooler than I could have ever hoped for and I demand that we receive periodic updates on how the dog is doing purely to satisfy my ego.

There may be a reason I want wolves...

SugarAddict posted:

You missed out on some good loot and it's an "F U" to boot.

I genuinely paused the game and just stared for a minute.

Alright I think I got everyone either named or in the "to be named" list in the op, let me know if I forgot someone.

I'm gonna research some more into Rimfactory, I need to get a hold of the drills as steel is starting to become a bottleneck especially if Randy keeps killing the droids all 4 of them dying burnt nearly a thousand steel. After that though should I...

... Go more into automation. Recycle Factory can be made way more efficient, and I can have machines take care of some of the more repetitive tasks in Tunia

Go down bionics, not only for the colonists but we can chrome our animals as well.

Furniture, make everything more comfy for our colonists

Drugs, get a solid fix and can also get some proper medication stocked up.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
You could get the "quarry" mod. It makes a big quarry that produces like 90% chunks, 5% steel, and 5% of everything else. I don't consider it overly OP because it needs alot of mining to get anything done and it's a big ugly pit, but it puts out a decent amount of steel, (it just needs alot of manpower).

bionics. Your pawns aren't getting any younger and you are going to need things like cybernetic hearts when they get older. (or get another mod for that like cryoregenesis casket do not use cryoregenesis with modded pawns, it removes eeeverything).

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jun 13, 2021

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Bionics, this dire set of events clearly merits more mad science, and a closer distance to the Singularity.

I wonder what your wolf-based plan is. Surely it will be good!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

BraveLittleToaster posted:

Bionics, this dire set of events clearly merits more mad science, and a closer distance to the Singularity.

I wonder what your wolf-based plan is. Surely it will be good!

Can we replace missing body parts with wolves instead?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Can we replace missing body parts with wolves instead?

Having wolves for arms and legs would be weird, also they wouldn't be able to hold anything or wear anything.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

SugarAddict posted:

Having wolves for arms and legs would be weird, also they wouldn't be able to hold anything or wear anything.

Except more wolves. Which would be awesome.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
The answer is clearly Bionic wolves. Cybernetic killing machines bred for war against the mechanoids.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

I was going to vote for furniture, but everyone else wants bionics and who am I to argue? Keanu needs bionic arms so she can truly be The One! :black101:

But furniture should be after you get bionics going. A good set of furniture is worth more than its weight in gold.

EDIT: Just double checked. You're running Vanilla Furniture Expanded and Spacer. Ergonomic and Advanced beds are seriously worth the investment. Get that poo poo up and running as soon as possible!

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jun 13, 2021

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

The correct answer is BIONIC WOLVES.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Bionics, hopefully it's cheaper than 6 million once you get the research in at least.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Voting for bionics, and also throwing my name onto the list for any kind of pawn.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

SugarAddict posted:

You could get the "quarry" mod. It makes a big quarry that produces like 90% chunks, 5% steel, and 5% of everything else. I don't consider it overly OP because it needs alot of mining to get anything done and it's a big ugly pit, but it puts out a decent amount of steel, (it just needs alot of manpower).

bionics. Your pawns aren't getting any younger and you are going to need things like cybernetic hearts when they get older. (or get another mod for that like cryoregenesis casket do not use cryoregenesis with modded pawns, it removes eeeverything).

Age isn't an issue once you get a Chronomancer because RimMagic is comically unbalanced. At max level the Reverse Time spell will instantly revive someone if they die while the effect is still active (and it lasts a few hours) so you can use kamikaze-bombing tactics, or cut someone's brain out and feed it to them, or sacrifice them to Cthulhu 3 times in a row.

Quarry is a nice QOL improvement for a lightly-modded game but in combination with MiscBots it does get kinda OP, since it's balanced around taking up a lot of labor for moderately-skilled pawns and not swarms of 20-skill robots that can work continuously. Also for the given modlist if Leal needs tons of one specific resource (like plasteel for SOS2, without cheesing space piracy) the optimal move would be spamming sciencebots and long-ranged mineral scanners anyway, since SRTS make remote mining far more convenient than deep drills.

Voting DGAF, for unrelated reasons.

v v v v v edit:

DelilahFlowers posted:

I vote to have someone eat their own brain like the above poster mentioned.

Suddenly remembering that particular trick would require one of the various mods that enables surgery to debrain pawns, since last time I checked that wasn't on the list of QE surgeries. But with the current set you can still feed them their heart/liver/etc which is still fairly absurd.

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 13, 2021

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

I vote to have someone eat their own brain like the above poster mentioned.

A more serious suggestion DBAF

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Stealing Beauty

I built a landing area for the ships, conveniently located near the entrance when we need to.. process raids.

Also near the entrance I've built these arcane capacitors, as pawns get over 90% of their mana they will deposit some of it into a capacitor. The capacitor will give back some mana if it is holding 250% more than what the pawn can hold, or if the pawn is drafted it will continually give them mana until they hit 90%.

I built a ruby and a sapphire one because when the enemies come a knockin' :siren:

I've also set up a fortification along the bottom left marsh and put some walls in that bottom mountain so enemies can't just walk through there. I might do one facing the bottom right marsh but I figure if enemies are in that marsh, I should be falling back to the top right instead of trying to shoot them. I also start replacing limestone walls with granite walls, they're a little more durable and might stall the enemy slightly longer.

Now that I got devilstrand coming in I can make some of the higher leveled scrolls, in this case Hitomi's orbital bombardment skill. It works exactly how it sounds. I also made Shorty a fire storm scroll.

I was wondering why no research was being done when I started researching the drills, its because rimfactory has its own research gate item in this terminal

I get a little antsy and decide to become the raid. Notice this particular symbol, this is from the Rim Cities mod.

And it provides far bigger bases to attack. You can also visit friendly ones and while this city is held by the Gray Whips, there are other factions here as well. I uh, I may have shot some friendlies.

And of course we would land right next to the only loving turret in the entire city :rolleyes:

BEHOLD! We can ride wolves! Also note that her wand is now yellow tipped, I made Shorty a lightning rod because fire does nothing against mechoids which meant she was utterly useless in fighting them.

I should see about commissioning someone to draw this absurd scenario, a fox girl mage riding a wolf out of a flying ship.

Now there is a reason I went on and made an attack in a large city... I'm looking for people with some good traits. This is a pretty good set of traits.

I currently have Sky holding an orb of souls and she has a very important job. First she is gonna run out in the middle of the street while everyone else shoots the people near her...

... Take the long charge time to use the orb...

And steal that pawn's traits. This person was just an all around happy person whose smile brightened the world and I just came crashing in and loving murdered her.

Now that the orb is filled we can use it to give someone else the traits inside. As shown any conflicting traits will not come over and if we have too many traits we can lose one of them. I guess this means there is a 25% chance you wont lose it and get more than 7.

Oh and the conflicting traits thing? It seems any trait listed after a conflicting trait also doesn't get transferred. I had to do some save/reload testing as this pawn had Wayfarer, which is a magic class trait. So when I used the orb I got sanguine, but not beautiful every time. So I had to make 2 spirit extracting shards to remove the pawn's class, put the orb on, then remove wayfarer.

While we're here though... may as well check the nearby buildings. Some explosive shells aint bad....

And then somehow a mage managed to give a robot dementia :psyduck: So Dervin is randomly walking around the area doing nothing. I tried to have someone arrest him so I can throw him in the ship but the game kept trying to send him to a prison room that was already made and not the bed I placed in a nearby room.

Enemies are closing on in...

And then Heretic gets blown the gently caress up by a triple rocket launcher. He survived the first 2 explosions, but that last one got him. No I do not know how the hell Shorty is still standing and barely wounded to boot when she was right there.

Any misgivings about stealing the soul of that one pawn is gone.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The ship survived but god drat. Eventually Dervin stopped having dementia and I flew out. When you abandon an attack on a base you will be locked out of trying again for 24 hours.

Carving out everything over at Recycle Factory. I've also started placing walls with a door around geysers for when I build generators on them. Ideally enemies will ignore them, but I still need a door to access them for maintenance.

So an infestation happened and I decided hey, why not use Shorty's fire storm spell? In this underground cave?

You can see why it could possibly be a bad idea. I mean on the one hand it DID kill the majority of the bugs, on the other if Sky was 1 tile forward she would've been smashed.

Raids happened right when some friendly traders were leaving and they loving murdered them all. Thankfully we don't lose relations for that.

Time to try out that bombardment, gonna drop it right on top of this sapper rear end in a top hat.

The attack came down hella quick, but imagine an explosion in the center of the screen. It wounded a few people and killed someone else.

Back at Recycle Factory I managed to find a valley inside of the mountains. This is part of the reason why I mine so far away from my colony and don't want to mine through mountains connecting to the valley, I might just reveal a new spot for people to attack from.

But this... this is good. The enemy will HAVE to come from the south, or dig in from the east. I'll start making plans to move the factory to in there.

Meet HereticMIND the snow wolf. There was no other.

I used the orb of souls on Lina and here we loving go :getin: I can now make not only uber melee pawns, but with sanguine they will have a permanent +12 mood and with beautiful they get relations bonus with other pawns, leading to more positive social interacts, giving more positive mood. Also when they gently caress their partner will have a higher mood for it.

It's like my fantasy is coming to life!

And now that I finally got that settled, I made Lina a gladiator. Nothing overly complicated with this class:

Sprint makes the pawn run faster but also exhausts them.

Fortitude both reduces damage and for damage taken the pawn will get stamina.

Grapple will pull an enemy towards them.

Cleave will have the pawn strike multiple nearby enemies with every attack, as long as the pawn has stamina for it.

Whirlwind is a gap closer that can knock down their enemy.

I go out shopping for a thrumbo horn and pick up one of these while I'm at it, its basically a healer mechanite but magic. When I take it home though I decided to see if something would work....

You can replicate it. Ignore that it says "make yayo", the recipe naming is weird. For 200 magicyte, 20 silver and 20 jade we can make an item that will fully heal any one single injury. And honestly, that is complete chump change.

Shorty's neck is no longer destroyed! And I just realized I mentioned her new wand, but not her new clothes. She is now wearing a manaweave robe of the archmage. She has nearly 200 mana, and thats with her maintaining a spell that saps 40 mana.

Meet The Vault. A spot where I'm just throwing poo poo and forbidding it to use with the replicator. Rocket launchers, yayo and a healing orb.

I have a thrumbo saber crafted for Lina and that is some interesting artwork. So Keanu has a weapon with Sky on it and Lina has one with Hitomi on it.

Oh and then I discovered you can replicate the orb of souls :getin:

There is another orb that I grabbed, the orb of conviction. This orb makes a pawn join you. But you can't replicate that, darn.

I rework the lounge and make an outdoor patio for pawns to eat at :) I also moved outdoor recreation in that room and forbade a roof so they can use the telescope in there. I'll eventually throw a grill out there. Since I got a second table I deconstructed the large one and placed a smaller one, then used the open space for a billard table.

While talking about outdoor stuff, pawns do have an outdoor need and they will get penalties for being inside all the time. And a bigger one if they're under a mountain. Outdoor rec rooms are a good way to keep it in check, or have an open base like I'm doing where they have to step outside between rooms.

Oh and before I forget: The walls around the patio are glass walls from the Glass + Lights mod. You turn chunks of stone into glass and can use it as a material for a few things. Using them for walls will allow light to pass through but still make a room.

Behold, Lina in her final form. She is wearing an arcalleum ancient armor which provides a buff that has a 50% chance to do 20% more damage. Her sword also gives a 25% chance to give her haste on each strike.

And how good that we have her armed now. Its time for a little trip.

drat, this is pretty sizeable. And that mountain range is awfully squared. Also my PC froze for like 5 minutes loading this.

Uuuuuuhhhhhh the walls are made out of gold and that flooring is also all gold. I guess I know where the 1 million wealth is coming form.

Also the typical factional brawls breaking out all over the area.

Since ninjas can use magic I can have Keanu teleport right on top of enemies and set them on fire with her fire swords.

God drat. I open up a few of the rooms and each room I opened up froze my pc for a few minutes. Those solid gold rooms have:

Golden royal beds
Golden royal armchairs with chinchilla fur
Golden dressers
Golden end tables
Golden autodoors

Deconstructing one of those beds got me this much loving gold. And the chinchilla fur? Its the most valuable fur in the game. So I restrained myself and only took this much gold .This is clearly a ruin by someone playing in devmode.

Throughout this raid I've been getting alerts about people taking stuff and leaving and they would be in the fog of war, in the mountains. Then I noticed these doors over here...

Also how do you cheat and make 1 door plasteel but the other is granite?

AHAHAHAHA YEAH OK

I leave these behind. Its just too much. Sure, I can clone my pawns ensuring they never really die. Yes, magic is loving brutal. I'm flying airships that insta travel me anywhere. I can replicate items that will heal any permanent wound and steal traits from other pawns. But even I have to step back and go "Alright, this is a little too much".

Going through the other door and holy poo poo.

What the hell happened here?! Why are there so many dead people concentrated around one area?!

Checking around some more and oooh yessss, a computer and a flatscreen tv?

Guess who has a new flatscreen?

Also there was another radio so I plopped that inside of the workshop so people can listen to tunes while crafting. I'll point out I threw steel tile down just for the 100% movement speed. Pawns don't get moodlets for a pretty workshop and my immersion can't handle a smithy being over carpet.

Finally I got to the end of the drill line and can make one of these babies. The first tier was that auger drill that required wood, the second tier used electricity. However both tiers were just random on what you would get and even worse: Could cause infestations. This one doesn't cause infestations and I can directly tell it to mine...

Wait I can have it directly mine arcalleum? I don't need to burn silver, jade and magicyte making more? Well holy poo poo. I set this drill to keep my steel and arcalleum levels at a decent amount. So yeah steel is no longer a problem, and by extension components. Also the map has ran out of chunks, so I can get some chunks coming in to make sure I can turn them into magicyte. Oh and while mining any of these it can mine up the rarer materials like jade or gold.

It's like playing disgaea and figuring out how you can combine things to make broken poo poo.

Wait, Lina's husband?

*snrk* Meet male foxgirls. Good lord that does not look right.

Hitomi got so high she passed out. And for some reason she had 2 advance components on her, so good thing I guess.

Randy, do you take me for a scrub? I now have 3 uber melee pawns, all equipped with the finest of gear! And you send me a raid consisting of only scythers?

Now that I got 3 melee pawns, I can step back in the funnel. The 3 pawns will block all directions exiting and they can all focus on punching/stabbing one single enemy at a time.

The Lone Badger said to name them after the worst science thing, so what about another wolf clone? Especially after some more science is applied post cloning...

... Touche Randy. I can't really do a melee wall when the enemy loving blows up when they die, can I?

So lets go ahead and just close up this entrance....

:lol:

When animals go manhunter they also make their noise every now and then. But when you got 58 of them making a noise every now and then, its more like every now and forever.

Wait... cook carrots?! :stare:

YO HEY WHAT THE gently caress! I'm glad I was doing some work near the walls and notice this and another rear end in a top hat muffalo just mining through my wall. And I want to repeat: They were MINING the wall, not attacking it. God drat things, almost let the boomalopes in.

I noticed near the cave there is another bit of deep water that faces towards the walls. I dug it out and built some fortifications then let the wardroids have fun.

Suck it, Randy :smuggo:

Heretic and Lina developed a bond :3:

Which uh.. means I should keep an eye out for rocket launchers.

I decided to have that walled off area be the guest area.

And I set up 2 more bedrooms where the guest room used to be. I may expand the hospital a bit.

Oh drat, alright. I was already growing devilstrand and had enough on hand. A resurrector serum is exactly what it sounds like. Now if someone dies I wont have to clone 'em... once.

Also I can't replicate it.

I'm starting to hit the power limit for all 5 geothermal vents. You saw that drill right? That one drill nearly takes up an entire generator by itself. A tidal generator needs to be built on water and they need to have some decent space apart from one another, but they provide a good amount of uninterrupted power. I dug out the mountain a bit on the east side to access the deep water to put this up. I may wall off the beach so I can get more generators out there.

It begins

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
why did someone leave in a cheat ruin like that?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The mod that adds ruins doesn't do any sort of quality control. It just randomly throws up ruins and goes "HEY HAVE FUN!"

And so someone's solo-only tribal start challenge map is just as likely to show up as someone who's created a bonsai tree of a base.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

25 antigrain warheads. JESUS

Also Beautiful isn;t that great. Because they will be hit on CONSTANTLY.
And thus give out "Rejected by x" moodlets to most of the colony.
Also also I think earlier you said that pawns have accuracy buffs if their target is in the light and they're in the dark - that was changed in I want to say in B18. Now you want your nerds in the light for the mood boost, and the enemy in the dark because it applies a move speed penalty

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm finally living out my minigun robot fantasy! Except for the whole dementia thing. How do you give a robot dementia?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Turn me into a sniper foxgirl, the best sniper foxgirl there is that can headshot 4 people with one shot, or whatever works for you.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 15, 2021

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Veloxyll posted:

25 antigrain warheads. JESUS

Are the grain people a deadly threat or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

ew Lina has a husband, but she is also an unstoppable murder fox with a wolfie buddy so I guess it evens out