Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

Are the grain people a deadly threat or something?

i was curious too so i looked it up, and they use a grain of antimatter for explosive material

which uh

is a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Gonna put a pause on names here

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So it's not a herbicide warhead designed to destroy enemy crops?

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Honestly, dying in an explosion only to be cloned and turned into a bionic abomination of nature and machine pleases me greatly.

Let the rockets come. They cannot break me!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The Lone Badger posted:

So it's not a herbicide warhead designed to destroy enemy crops?

That is actually what I thought the first time I saw Anti-grain warheads.

But no. It's a nuke. The most powerful projectile in the base game.
ONE of them is enough to give a raid or siege a seriously bad time.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I mean technically it can destroy all your enemy's crops, it'll also destroy everything else that's nearby though.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:orb:

May as well use that gold for something, eh? Maybe I'll make some golden showers :dumbrim:

With the devilstrand coming in I decide to start making some comfy armchairs out of them. Devilstrand is also really beautiful for something you can get consistent access to. Its beaten out by that chinchilla fur, but that requires raising chinchillas, hyperweave which is its own thing and thrumbofur is the most beautiful textile. But I'm not burning 110 thrumbofur on chairs. There is a viewing area in front of TVs that you need to build seating in for pawns to use it. Pawns can also watch TV on their beds in the hospital, so injured pawns can have their recreation need handled while they recover. This TV wont cover all the hospital beds though so...

I've done some more research into recon to get small and large sky object identification. We can get warnings on something dropping and where, but unlike normal herds and crowds that take several hours we get 1 or 2 hours at best. Still helpful to know where a group will fall if they decide to drop inside of the valley.

Welcome to late game Rimworld, 53 raiders. And these aint tribals.

More ferals and they got a lot of these guys with them.

These are like the federation's version of the AOE range troop.

I've set up the droids in the bunker while Hitomi and Shorty hang out at the first checkpoint.

Those creatures shoot this poison gas poo poo at pawns, thankfully they're shooting at robots who wont be afflicted by it in the slightest. I appreciate the effort to make it so it wont effect non organics instead of just having it do whatever. Then you don't get silly things like, I dunno, dementia robots.

I have Hitomi and Shorty unleash their ultimate power. All those circular shadows on the bottom are more comets coming in.

Of course, this is in marsh so no one is gonna catch on fire. Really uh, the marsh is both a blessing and a curse.

Once the enemy starts massing up though and get in range of the bunker, good lord the amount of bullets that go flying in there. I had to get Average and Krysm out of there ASAP, meanwhile Dervin and bios are getting torn the gently caress up. The cover eventually starts getting destroyed.

I get them onto the other firing lane and have Hitomi blink inside and shoot the gas cans.

*dabs forehead with handkerchief*

Honestly this was a loving mess. Lina, Keanu and Sky are just leaping from enemy to enemy to keep them from getting too close to the last check point.

After recovering from that another ruins popped up.

The ruins mod is weird cause sometimes you get things like random turrets in the middle of nowhere. A single one in the cave and 2 others outside, does the mod just scramble where stuff is or did the person who made this base have something else in mind?

Well I mean if you're just gonna show off all this silver like that...

... Dear god why do you have so many shield belts? Also note on the top there is 8 resurrection serums. I just took 1. Also on the very bottom is another techprof core. And no, you cannot replicate it. Not much else of note here in the ruin beyond that.

Behold, a bridge. I have a mod that adds bridges that can be made out of stone that support heavier stuff like walls. I've built this bridge out to the deep water so I can wall off the beach area and get more tidal generators up in safety. Said mod also allows me to build deep water bridges, and you could even build stuff on top of those bridges! The problem though is bridges don't have a lot of HP and a single explosion going off will absolutely destroy everything.

I mean, I might. The deep water area leading out the caves from the valley shouldn't get any enemy attention.

Keanu got a surgery inspiration, so I had a power arm created :getin: Sky now has a bionic arm that has retractable claws.

A factory ship flew by and I had a lot of silver from that one ruin so I grabbed a smart recycler and an electrical furnace. What makes the furnace different than the one at Tunia is that it doesn't require any wood AND it also gets the crematorium bills, so I can have it cremate bodies. For some reason the industrial furnace can't do that.

To explain whats going on here, on the bottom is a gigantic zone for stuff that the droids will haul stuff into and I can land the albatross directly on top of so when it ejects all of its contents its part of the zone. That red box is a zone puller that'll pull all items in that zone and push it forward. You can set filters on the pullers so you could make a large zone to hold a bunch of stuff then have different pullers pulling different stuff to the proper location. Also a little lifehack here: There is a wall item puller but it requires another research option to build and is more expensive to build. So I just set this item puller outside and have it push the items onto a wall conveyor belt.

Then the items go up the belt and pass through those white boxes along the line, those are splitters. You set up which side is active and then filter whatever goes through them. The first splitter will allow everything that isn't a fresh body to continue on the line. Fresh bodies will go into the crate on the right where they are butchered by the grinder, where it then drops everything off to go back onto the main line. Later I put those conveyors on the bottom to the top so they bypass that first splitter, turns out setting it to not allow "fresh" also makes it not allow fresh food.

The next splitter will put all mechoid bodies, apparel and weapons into the crate to be broken down by the smart reycler. Again its all fed back into the mainline.

I'll eventually put up another splitter and crate for all rotten bodies and steel slag to be used by the furnace. You can't get any meat or leather from rotten bodies, but at least you can make fertilizer out of them. Even if I got all my plots set up I can at least sell the fertilizer.

Then it all gets fed into a low priority crate at the end. For now the droids will take things out of there and deliver them to an area I'll have the albatross land and pick stuff up to deliver back to Tunia.

drat my birthday isn't for another month!

In my continuing saga in trying to recruit pawns, I spy Klara here. Those are some good traits and an extra constructor can't hurt. With a few neurotrainers I can get her social up too to help with future guests. In regards to her traits, hard worker is a flat 20% work speed bonus. Its the bonus of Hitomi's neurotic trait without the downside. Pretty is like beautiful but not as strong of an effect. Xenophile is added by the alien framework mod (needed to use custom races) and gives a relationship boost with any other race. So in this game she'll like the regular humans and androids. And that is androids, not droids.

So... its getting near the time when they leave and I cannot get enough friends, and I've now had many pawns that I've wanted to recruit just vanish. Except for Rachel! Rachel still shows up randomly, but I still haven't seen Krystal a single time. Anyways... so I got this orb and like I can't replicate it and we haven't faced any hostile foxgirls so... I mean... what if? This can't work.

Oh my god I seriously did not think this would work. Sure we lost 31 relations, but not the 120 if we forced her, plus no mood debuff from being forced.

Another infestation happened and since we have so much wealth good lord the amount of bugs!

Seriously, its just one continual stream of bugs from the doorway to that top cavern. This poo poo lasted so long, I feel bad not letting everyone sleep first. But those fuckers were digging and I'm not allowing that poo poo. On one hand I can completely wall off that cave, as in build walls on every open spot. On the other them spawning there means they don't spawn at the bunker.

Welcome SugarAddict, since they wanted to be a sniper and who else can be a better candidate? Also note the social score. A few mechites into the eyeball and you too can be popular!

Also here, have one of these. I like using snipers to run out and take some pot shots so the extra move speed is a must. Now she and Hitomi have a permanent (well, unless something unfortunate happens to that limb) +8 relations with one another for having some chrome. And spoilers for the future, but much like the mood bonus stacking for the pawn themselves so too does the relations buff go up.

Randy dropped some federation troops on top of some friendly android traders

I run out to give them some help aaaand

gently caress's sake Haulbot!

So uh... Lina's whirlwind ability? Apparently doesn't differentiate between friend or foe and I absolutely hosed up some of the androids. I can't find any of their settlements and annoyingly they have the same icon as the default human settlements, so giving them gifts isn't gonna work. I use the console to invite them over for a visit and hopefully start repairing relations that way.

Since the federation ruined the relations, its only fair I get them back.

This is what faction bases look like, nothing too interesting honestly. Also I think there is another ruin being mixed in here with those broken AC units. There is a mod that expands the bases but they do a little too much, I'm talking gigantic bases with traps all over the outer walls, turrets lining the inside with like 10 mortars and 50 pawns milling about. On top of that the buildings are flooded with loot.

The traditional greeting is applied.

Yo Artyom, I thought the nosalis were weird but whats up with these ninja foxgirls?

After destroying the base we get relations with everyone they're hostile against, even factions that we are hostile with. It helps somewhat with the android enclave.

And I pack up and leave just in time for that god drat wrath of heaven spell to drop. Thankfully I was already airborne.

Before leaving though I stripped one of the corpses for some gear and replicate it. Jeeze Shorty.

JEEZE SHORTY! I legit believe this is my first time ever getting a legendary piece of equipment.

So Sugar now has some powerful equipment. Sadly Shorty couldn't manage a masterwork lance. Oh by the way, I have a mod that hides helmets cause I don't like helmets in games. So even though everyone is showing their face, don't worry I got something on their head. So what makes this recon gear special? The helmet and the armor each give -20% aim time. I dunno if its additive or multiplicative or if I'm even using those words right, but I'm assuming she now has a straight -40% to aim time. If I can get her trigger happy?

As an aside, with these legendary and masterwork stuff... it'd really suck if the gear just decayed to the point of breaking, wouldn't it? Yeah, thats another issue I have with the fact you can't fix stuff in vanilla.

Ugh, meet another one of the troll events. Blight is 100% a "gently caress you" event that just outright kills your crops, but even worse will spread to all nearby plants. Oh and see the plot on the bottom also has some blight? Its off screen but I got another psychoid plot to the side and it has blight as well. And see how there is a little machete icon on all of the blighted crops, marking them to be cut? That isn't in vanilla. I have a mod that will automatically designate blighted crops to be cut because imagine going through and having to mark each and every blighted crop. And if you miss one it will spread to the others. And while waiting for someone to come over and cut them which gives blight more time to spread so you gotta mark those too and god Tynan why.

Also there was that crash site on the map when I was heading to the base. Nothing too notable here, but there are some engines on the end that I can deconstruct and get advance components out of!

Hey it finally happened! Like 3 or 4 years and it finally happened! And drat, this is my first break this LP isn't it? So yeah colonists, if they have low mood or certain traits, can have a mental break where they stop doing stuff, can't be enlisted and controlled and start doing some weird poo poo. Shorty is running around setting stuff on fire, but you can have things like food binges where they eat food all day, starting fights with people, outright going on a murderous berserk or more mundane stuff like just sadly wandering around or locking themselves in their room.

Normally after they have their episode they get a +40 catharsis moodlet if they can properly vent, or you can arrest them to get them to stop... but often times they'll resist and then you have a fight and now you got injured pawns to deal with as well. I let Shorty do it because there is a lot of idle people hanging around so as soon as she sets a bush on fire someone immediately runs over to handle it. Irritatingly she didn't get any kind of positive mood for doing it whatsoever.

I look over at the warehouse and notice the clutter, in particular the protein mash. I already got some shelves near the vats that are holding 1.2k mash, and here is another 2.1k laying around. Recycle Factory is potent. Annoyingly though I cannot sell the mash, no one wants to buy it.

But there is another solution...

Oh and meet the drop pod. This is how you're intended to do air travel in the vanilla game, you gotta build these 1 time use pods that can only hold 150kg and requires fuel to launch around. Then you are intended to build another pump and pod and have chemfuel on hand to drop pod back.

Another use for them though is gifting. We can go on the trade screen and offer gifts instead of selling items, but eh. Also I think even if you gift that way they can still deny it if they wouldn't buy it originally. Anyways this doesn't let them refuse and I don't have to set up someone to fly out there. This just about makes up the fact I used the orb to get Sugar to join :v:

Remember when I said Lina was in her final form? I lied, that wasn't even her final form. I built a thrumbo axe for her, the cleave ability's proc chance is based on how heavy the weapon is. This is 4 kg compared to the swords 1.6kg. Oh and I made her a thrumbofur duster, in fact I start replacing jackets with dusters. Tunia doesn't get that cold in the winter, and even if it did no one is outside long enough to get frostbite. The advantage dusters have is that they cover more of the body and I believe get more defenses out of the material they're made of? Also style.

Guess whose back, back aga

:supaburn:

Why are you nuking your own city?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

:sigh:

Thank god whoever was piloting parked in between 2 hills.

I get Lina back in the albatross and fly to this jackass firing antigrain warheads

But of course he would be right in front of a uranium slug turret whose first shot instantly destroys Lina's shield.

While hunting around I find this pawn. Trigger happy :getin: Germaphobe will make the pawn shower more, not really that much of a downside for 50% reduced aim time.

And its like this fucker knows I'm coming for him cause he keeps running off instead of attacking like all his nearby friends are doing :mad:

Oh for fucks

I don't know how Lina didn't get hurt at all by that. I think that guy did more damage to his teammate.

And this loving rear end in a top hat runs right back to that loving turret :argh:

Stop fucki- no wait don't run directly into the foxgirl with the fuckoff a

*turns towards the camera as a gigantic sucker is superimposed over my face*

So after that... mess.... Randy drops like 30 scythers at Tunia. Also this ship is different than the multitude of despoiler ships, this one is actually a droner. And THIS my friends is where the pro strats come in play. A droner ship will keep a constant psychic drone effect that gets worse as time goes on. However this drone still only effects one gender, and if its effect males in this colony... There is no downside to ignoring it. Well ok, occasionally the ship will send out a psychic wave that will make all the animals near it turn manhunter but thats just delivering food to you.

This ship is a male drone but.. I suffer not mechoids in my colony. Also it'll give a huge debuff to any male visitors and the rating for staying will plummet and we got demographics to keep on top of.

First I get Shorty and Hitomi nearby and have them use their ultimates to chip away at the ship. I only got it to like 50%. Annoyingly the mechoids will stick around their ship and stop chasing, so they wont run towards the killbox.

But I got a plan. If you wonder why I am against mortars but still grab shells, well this is why. Just gonna stuff 15 of them into the albatross...

... Ruin the flow of action by having a screenshot of what Recycle Factory looks like now. I've set up the refinery in there along with a greenhouse to pump in nutrient solution...

Then I click on "Bomb Target" that the albatross (and skip) has, click "precision drop" and put it over the ship...

And blow it the gently caress up. It takes time for the ship to take off then do a flyby, but it'll drop where you place it and you don't have to deal with mortars "predict where the enemy will be but also the shell will just land 5 miles away anyways" poo poo.

I have Sky snort some yayo and I realize I have her on default drug policy. And I haven't talked about assignments so...

With drugs we can set how many they'll keep in their pocket, if they'll take it to satisfy addictions, if they'll use it for recreation and then we set them to take it on a schedule. When on a schedule we can choose how often like every day or 2 days, or multiple times in a day. We can also set it so they'll only take it when their mood and/or recreation is below a certain percentage. I've set sky to be ok with everything and to keep yayo on hand at all times. Yayo gives a speed bonus and a pain reduction, perfect for someone who is on the front line.

We can change food settings where we limit who can eat what. If you don't want some people to eat lavish meals or only restrict someone to eat kibble for some reason. Well I guess it has legit use with ascetics.

Then the clothing policy, pawns will automatically equip stuff on their own and replace things of their own free will unless you force them to wear the item. Then they keep the item on until you either clear the force tags or make them drop/wear something else. In a vanilla game you would use this to disable wearing tainted clothes cause thats default to on, then to set them to only wear clothes above 51% durability so they wont wear tattered clothing. In theory you can also differentiate your colonists from workers and soldiers so only the soldiers will be wearing the armor and your workers would wear lighter stuff and not get penalties, but in all my colonies everyone both works and shoots. I do end up making a policy for Sky to get her to stop putting on jackets and helmets that will negate 4 points of her mind over body buff.

As the scythers come crashing in I decided to compare aim times. This is right after Sugar took a shot.

Compared to how much larger Hitomi's cone is. And they're both the same weapon, but Hitomi has the excellent quality one (I don't believe quality effects aim time, just damage?) That armor is doing some work, I'd make Hitomi a set but she is a mage and benefits off the mage gear.

This is a conversation about an earlier party, but I'd like to imagine they find every raid to be a party.

Oh and during all this time I had a clone going on, meet our new melee pawn.

Silentsnack here looks exactly like Lina, which can be confusing. Thankfully I got this mirror placed over the sink. Its a mod that lets you change a pawn's hairstyle, hair color and even their outfit color.

So I made their hair red cause c'mon its totally that hair from the guy in Jojo who does the cherry thing. So if someone wants a new hairstyle or color let me know

I made her a Scion, which is a class based around stances. Stands are basically Stances, right? So let's talk scion, this class has 5 stances that each provide an upside and downside

Qilin gives a temporary buff of health and stamina regeneration and a persistant buff that gives them a bonus against pain and illnesses. The penalty is that they take more damage. Also it gives a bonus to plant and animals skill

Turtle will temporarily deflect ranged attacks and block melee attacks. Its persistant effect is bonus armor and damage reduction. The penalty is that they're slower. They get a buff to mining and construction.

Phoenix will temporarily give them super speed and haste. The persistant effect is an increase to speed, sight and labor speed. The downside is that the pawn will start getting bleeding wounds while in it.

Dragon gives a temporary effect of damage immunity. The persistant effect buffs melee capabilities. The downside is that the pawn will be more suspectible to pain, mood, toxins and temperature. It gives a buff to social and learning.

Ascended will temporarily take all 4 stances and apply all their upsides at once and buffs them. This one costs a hell of a lot of stamina, I'll need to throw a lot of gear on her to up her stamina.

Finally Scions can cancel their stance for free. At the start this does nothing, but after leveling it once the Scion will get some stamina regeneration.

I did some rearranging on the bunker. So I was wrong about the darkness thing, thats been changed, so there is no reason to not have the area lit up. I've pulled the firing line back so there isn't another situation where a bunch of raiders with low ranged weapons can fire back and put up such a large volume of fire that it destroys the fortifications. I also change my layout from 2 walls to 2 barricades to 1 wall and 2 barricades, the 2 walls thing meant that pawns can't lean and fire in the direction of the wall they weren't hiding behind.

I've also placed walls on the inside with reinforced glass auto doors so if I need to retreat, once I get past the wall I wont have to worry about colonists continuing to get shot. I also put up some pavement as the cavern floors have a slight speed penalty. I think once I get turrets I can go ahead and throw them out on the open spaces in front of the fortifications.

I decided to see if I was right about the thrumbo clone time and nope, I was wrong. Its just slightly longer than cloning another colonist.

I visit the trait mall once again for some good deals and here we go, more nukes.

drat did I forget to turn off the Rimjobworld mod? Yes that exists, no, don't look it up. And no, I don't have it installed.

Alright so... I had some more screenshots about someone I managed to get the traits of. And it was so good, they had trigger happy, quick sleeper and psychically deaf. That last one means they're completely uneffected by psychic waves. Sure they wont benefit off psychic soothes, but they wont be bothered at all when a very high psychic wave happens.

Then I arrived back home... and the orb was gone. It was just loving gone. All that hunting around and the game loving bugged out and vanished my orb. So I reloaded in hopes the previous autosave was when I was still at that base, nope. I tried again and here is Sugar with a missing leg. Thank god it wasn't the one with a bionic leg. So was it all worth it?

You know what? Considering recon helmet and armor gives a -40% aim, trigger happy aint that important. Tough and quick sleeper though? Yeah, I'd say its worth it. Now I have an uber pawn I can clone for ranged combat.

Leal fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jun 18, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm thinking it might be time to start heading towards space, which means I'm gonna be getting android research done so I can have someone up there getting stuff prepped that doesn't need food. Building up a ship though is gonna take a really... really long time. Also I'm thinking of getting a 4th research bench and so many pawns now have 20 science, research is finishing quick. So I think I should hold a vote on priorities for now, so from top (most important) to bottom (least important) put these in an order:

Furniture, this also includes more recreation stuff and hygiene stuff

Drugs, I can make different types of drugs rather than replicating them, which requires having some on hand. This will also include medical stuff

Automation, Recycle Factory can take on the burden of making all the little things (keeping components up, turning non important textiles into hats) and we can automate more at Tunia

Defenses, not just fortifications and traps but also weapons

And er... thats kinda it. The research tree is almost fully filled out.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Furniture, Defenses, Automation, Drugs.

The mood buff from really good beds lasts all day, and especially good beds reduce the amount of sleep that colonists need before maxing out. And a dining room full of "luxuriantly comfortable" chairs will do a lot to keep moods high.

Beyond that, you're super long overdue for automatic defenses. Or even manual defenses! With how large the raids are becoming, some turrets of any type should alleviate some pressure there. Also if we're heading to space, then getting some EVA-enabled power armor will be future proofing!

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 16, 2021

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Furniture, Automations, Drugs, Defenses

Golden toilets are a big power move to have. The colony seems to be doing pretty bloody well in general.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Also I would've thought it was obvious how you give a robot dementia. You just have to give them a memory leak :dumbrim:

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

The mood buff from really good beds lasts all day, and especially good beds reduce the amount of sleep that colonists need before maxing out. And a dining room full of "luxuriantly comfortable" chairs will do a lot to keep moods high.

:emptyquote:

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Automation>Defenses>Furniture>Drugs

I'm curious how well the programmable assembler works with the duplicator forge, like if you can use it to store multiple cloner recipes. Or if it even works, since the forge requires a mage to operate.

...and just in case you didn't already know, you can farm Social XP and recruiting much more quickly by assigning Hospitality's "Entertain" work type (which has your pawns forcefully start conversations with guests) to a fairly high priority on at least ~3 colonists. Due to repeated interruptions and travel times it works best for researchers/doctors/crafters/etc that mostly stay around the base. Seems to work like animal taming/training in that each guest has a cooldown between interaction attempts, and social skill+RNG determines whether the outcome is good or bad.

Good entertaining increases the guest's satisfaction (or whatever that percentage stat on the hospitality tab is called) and makes them give your hellhole a better rating, and also if your entertainer is beautiful/kind that seems to improve rolls even more?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

senrath posted:

Also I would've thought it was obvious how you give a robot dementia. You just have to give them a memory leak :dumbrim:

:mad:

silentsnack posted:

Automation>Defenses>Furniture>Drugs

I'm curious how well the programmable assembler works with the duplicator forge, like if you can use it to store multiple cloner recipes. Or if it even works, since the forge requires a mage to operate.

...and just in case you didn't already know, you can farm Social XP and recruiting much more quickly by assigning Hospitality's "Entertain" work type (which has your pawns forcefully start conversations with guests) to a fairly high priority on at least ~3 colonists. Due to repeated interruptions and travel times it works best for researchers/doctors/crafters/etc that mostly stay around the base. Seems to work like animal taming/training in that each guest has a cooldown between interaction attempts, and social skill+RNG determines whether the outcome is good or bad.

Good entertaining increases the guest's satisfaction (or whatever that percentage stat on the hospitality tab is called) and makes them give your hellhole a better rating, and also if your entertainer is beautiful/kind that seems to improve rolls even more?

Yeah I got anyone with good social skills set to entertain (and warden)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Also I'm gonna inflict this upon you all

:orb:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
DRUGS, DRUGS, DRUGS, DRUGS. :sludgepal:

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Whatever you do, please don’t turn off RimJobWorld (or whatever that mod is called). Not only because it’s a source of comedy that helps grant the thread incredible levity, but also because you could break your save and thus render your LP null.

We’re all adults here, after all…well, I’m an adult; not sure about the rest of you lot.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Oh god, I am going to state I do not have that mod on. Not in a "ew sex" kinda way but in a "I don't want every pawn who gets downed to have a conga line of other pawns and animals getting ready to ride a train on them sans consent" way

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Leal posted:

Oh god, I am going to state I do not have that mod on. Not in a "ew sex" kinda way but in a "I don't want every pawn who gets downed to have a conga line of other pawns and animals getting ready to ride a train on them sans consent" way

…oh. My mistake, then!

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Leal posted:

Ah, one of those "hosed up even for a game with human hats in the base version" mods I suppose.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

MadDogMike posted:

Ah, one of those "hosed up even for a game with human hats in the base version" mods I suppose.

To quote a reddit thread

:nms: I didn't realize there was a raider left bleeding outside until a trader caravan showed up and all went to town on her. Then the caravan's animals started joining in :nms:

And I'm gonna call the vote here, its looking like furniture > Defense > Automation > Drugs as a priority. I might get the update out today... or maybe not. I got my elon musk jab and my body seems to think simply sitting is too much

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Earned Comfort

Now that I got a genome made I went ahead and found a sharpshooter book to promote Sugar to a sniper. With all the higher levelled might classes mentoring she shot up in levels and was able to be a legendary sharpshooter immediately. Just gotta find a thong and fishnets and someone with the pluviophile (loves rain) trait to snatch.

Oh and I gave her a second bionic leg, which gives her a "quite pleased" at +7 mood and a +16 relation bonus with other transhumanists.

When Sugar lost her leg she passed out and dropped her rifle, I didn't have time to pick it back up and had to make another. Well good thing I guess!

Over at Recycle Factory a blue moon troop attacks. This is the first time one of them has shown up which surprises me that its been this long without a single attack. They come in boosted on some sort of chemical that increases their movement and sight. Typically they also tend to have higher end equipment which makes them absolute loot pinatas. But this one only showed up with a knife.

I've built a few grow zone pullers in the greenhouse and set up some belts to bring it directly to the fridge. The less opaque belts are underground belts that will be invisible if I'm not currently selecting a belt. Now I don't need anyone to come over and haul the food over, just sort everything out in the fridge.

I've also researched in more advance power, from the vanilla power expanded mod. It adds another 1.6k power per vent and requires 6 advance components for each one. As I get more advance components I'll be upgrading.

Some deer went berserk and I sent out the melee squad to take care of it. I put Silent in phoenix form and she was absolutely booking it.

Jesus loving christ. Most pawns are at around 5 move speed, the fastest is Sugar with 2 advance bionic legs moving at 7 speed. Heretic with 4 bionic legs is 6.25 speed.

Now that we effectively have infinite steel I expand all the pavement a tile or 2. Pawns will walk around one another, so when one is on the pavement the other will step off and get less movement speed and I cannot allow that. And to separate the walk from the ship landing zone I alternate sapphire and ruby tiles cause when its time to fly :siren:

So I spent a frankly large amount of time trying to hunt around for some cows to get milk coming in cause I want to give our colonists chocolate milk. I couldn't find any so I ended up buying a bunch of milk.

Randy then offers a gift and sends 3 goats my way, 2 of them female. Goats and a few other animals can also be milked, but cows produce twice as much milk. But hey, may as well. I slaughter the male goat since we have cloning I can just clone more goats.

When predators got nothing else to eat they will go after your colonists and animals. When its a colonist you get the red alert about being hunted, if its an animal its just this little pop up in the corner that I have missed out more times then I'd like to admit.

I set up a bunch of cotton beds for our animals to sleep on. Oh and we now have wolf puppers. They don't get the clone tag though which raises many questions. Are children from clones not considered clones? What if we produce 2 sets of clones and they have kids, will the children being genetically identical and therefore clones of one another? What if its your own clone? Heavy poo poo.

I went a bit more into recon and got this satellite. It provides a large passive detection radius, so we can at least get a heads up that something is coming more ahead of time.

More ruins, mor- Holy poo poo all those walls are made out of arcalleum. Did the original creator do this intentionally or does the mod just change what materials the stuff is made out of? Also arcalleum walls have 1.2k durability, compared to granites 510. Maybe I should make the bunkers out of the stuff... It IS a colony of mages after all (disregard that there is only 2 mages in the colony)

However I am after something in particular. I need someone who can be a mage and with good crafting so I can have them craft stuff on the arcane forge, which has a few recipes that Sky can't make since she isn't a mage. Also I really need a second crafter anyways. In short: Someone with double passions in shooting and craft is perfect.

Now despite there being a clump of red named people here, there is 3 different factions here who are all hostile to one another. And they're focusing on the guy I whose brain I want to scan.

First I get Keanu to blink closer...

Then use assassinate to get right on top of the guy, forcing him to drop his gun.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUU :byodood:

This fucker killed him, if only Hitomi blasted his head off sooner.

But thats ok. You know why? I got a plan. First I'm gonna throw his corpse into the albatross and fly back to base...

... Put him in the timeout corner and use a resurrector serum on him.

Throw him into bed

THEN scan his brain.

Oh and 130 loving people dropped in at the ruin :lol:

So this is what the prisoner screen looks like. If we try to recruit them we will start reducing their resistance, basically talking them down. A pawn set to warden will drop in periodically and chat up the prisoner. Note that is says "Considered guilty", pawns have reservations about treating prisoners ethically. If they're guilty we can execute them for a lower mood penalty to everyone. And yes, everyone. Even different colonies will acknowledge how prisoners are treated in another colony. If you let someone die in custody it'll give a mood penalty and if you harvest the prisoner's organs it will give a penalty. Then you can also sell prisoners, which also gives a penalty for selling someone to slavery.

I'm gonna release them. You got a new lease on life buddy, thanks for your brain scan. If he wasn't from a faction that is utterly hostile we could get some relations for doing this. While we wont get that, we do get a +2 mood from everyone for it.

... Jesus christ.

Ooooooh, god drat I can't just uninstall it and bring it home :negative:

This shield generator is an amazing piece of defense. Whenever an attack happens it will project a gigantic bubble that will block incoming (but not outgoing!) shots and, get this: Stop drop pods! One or two of these in the valley and hoo boy.

... .Ya know, should I really attempt to restrain myself at this point? Nah, I take all of this thrumbofur.

And I should be heading on out, that 130 drop is heading into the place and they're absolutely wrecking shop.

But then my game froze... It froze for 5 minutes.

:lol: another loving group of a hundred came drop podding in

I got androids research and build up an android printer. This thing needs 14 construction to build, 150 plasteel and 10 advance components, quite pricey.

But we can now print out colonists to our own standards. We can change their identities (backstories) which changes up what skills they will have weighted, then you can smack reroll skills over and over until you get a skill spread or passions that you like. We can see how they'll look and can change their hair and color. On the right side we can choose upgrades, which each requires its own research.

The first set up top is to make them "robotic", which means they wont have to worry about mood but get a 90% penalty to skill learning. The heart shaped icon is a "lover" module that'll make them get a gigantic boost of relations with whoever you target with and attempt to romance them. Yeah this mod started out as one of those mods. I wont be using any of these.

Physique will give some changes to stats. "Perfect" gives a 25% bonus to manipulation and moving, .50 more move speed, +45 carrying capacity, +3 melee dodge and a +10% sharp and +25% blunt damage resistances. Hulk gives a +50% manipulation, +85 capacity and a +20% sharp and +50% blunt bonus. Agile will give a +50% movement and +1 move pssed along with a +6 melee dodge chance. It also makes the android thin physically.

Skin will change their skin color and give some stats. Hyperweave skin gives a +35% sharp, +50% blun and +20% heat defense bonus, and make them a deep dark blue. Plasteel skin gives a +50% sharp, +35% blunt and +20% heat defense along with a -20% to negotiation, social impact and trade price improvement, a long with making their skin a dark gray. Dragon Scales gives a +20% to sharp and blunt defense and +200% to heat defense and makes their maximum comfortable temperature 900F, it also makes their skin dark red

Proficiency give a handful of bonuses, and we can put more than 1 proficiency on an android:

Fighting is +0.5 move speed, +20 melee hit chance, +6 melee dodge, +20 shooting accuracy and -30% aim time

Medical gives a +50% to tend speed, operation speed, tend quality and surgery success chance

Construction gives +50% mining, +25% mining yield, +50% smoothing speed, +50% construction speed, +25% construction success chance and +25% repair success chance.

Craftsmanship gives +100% general labor speed, +0.5 cook speed and +50% drug cook speed.

Agricultural gives +50% to animal gather speed and plant work speed and a +25% bonus to animal gather yield and plant harvest yield.

Science gives +200% research speed and a +50% to drug synthesis and cooking speed.

Diplomacy gives +80% negotiation ability and social impact and a +50% to trade price improvement.

Utility can provide a vanometric cell which means the android will never need to eat or recharge its battery. A mechanite hive will repair bleeding wounds. Black box gives a gigantic explosion on death or when commanded to self destruct. Psychic attunement will give a +100% to psychic sensitivity.

Finally archotech can give a techprof module that gives +600% research speed and an archotech module can give a +300% rate to learning, a +50% bonus to work speed and -50% to mental break threshold.

Androids can get pretty good. Note that for each extra added it will increase the amount of resources needed and time to make one. Like with the hyperweave module we'll need to provide hyperweave, the techprof module will need a techprof core, stuff like that.

Oh, and we can directly select which traits they'll have. Manually adding or removing traits will increase the time needed to print out the android, but we can pick any trait. Even the classes, we can directly print out whatever class. Also you may notice a few traits in the top left, gay, bisexual, asexual. I have the psychology mod going which removes the sexuality traits and instead gives pawn a kinsey scale. It also makes it so pawns will actually take a hint and stop hitting on pawns that aren't interested, or have some tact and leave taken pawns alone.

In vanilla the romance system was annoying, the phrase "young lesbian colonists destroyed my colony" isn't a lie. Pawns will incessently hit on one another and I believe there was a formula where like men would always want to hook up with younger women, add in that they never learn and that the rejection mood can stack and an 18 year old lesbian would absolutely gently caress your colony up.

So I go ahead and print out an android, gonna make her the troubadour class and give her the diplomacy module which should mean she gets a 110% price improvement. Sadly this doesn't result in broken poo poo like I can buy something for nothing then sell it right back for everything they got like in Morrowind. Also I put a fighter module on her cause why not.

I do some work in the lounge, on the bottom left I built some stand alone fridges that keep whatever is inside of them frozen. This is a wall fridge so stuff can be put in there from the fridge and taken out from the lounge side. Which is good cause it means less pawns going in and out of the fridge, which causes the cold air to escape and stuff starts to rot. If you noticed that I had 3 coolers blowing into there, that is why. I've set those fridges to hold the soups, stir frys, fruit juice and chocolate milks.

In front of the door leading to the fridge is a floor mat that will slow pawns down a bit but keeps them from tracking garbage into the kitchen. I did have them inside the door itself, but since it made them go slower the door would stay open longer and let out more air. And next to the TV I've set up a small cooler with some beers which will get "frosty" and provide a mood buff. Who said life in the Rim can't be comfy?

Meet OneWingDevil. I'll get them set up in some proper clothes and get them set up in Recycle Factory. Androids work like normal pawns, they have moods and relationships and all of that. But you don't have to worry about feeding them, just their energy. If they eat then it gets converted into energy and they get the typical bonuses with eating, but they don't suffer malnutrition or get mood penalties for not eating. And that is why I want her at Recycle Factory, no need to worry about food while she does tasks that the droids can't.

And I've been holding onto a poor quality, highly damaged plasma rifle for a while just so I can replicate them and holy poo poo Hitomi. How many weapons is this now with other colonists on it? Anyways, a plasma rifle fires 3 round bursts like an assault rifle, but more damage. Maybe I should get the war droids plasma mini guns...

Oh gently caress you Randy. Meet the last mechoid type, the centipede. These things have a lot of health and why the gently caress do they make up 50% of the raid?! They get their own weapons, along with the lancer that lancers get. They get a heavy charge blaster that fires 24 rounds that do 15 damage each. Compared to a minigun that fires 25 rounds for only 10 damage a shot. Then they get an inferno cannon that is basically a multi use rocket launcher that sets poo poo on fire.

These things suck.

Oh god, some of them broke off to start taking apart the doors leading to where the guests are at.

As the others get into the marsh I have Sugar use one of their abilities, anti armor. And poo poo, I just realized I haven't talked about the sniper class. Its a simple class:

Headshot will have them... do a headshot. What? Well ok, if the target doesn't have a head then it'll hit the heart or some other vital part.

Disabling shot will make the target fall down, good for capturing pawns.

Anti Armor will do more damage against heavily armored enemies or robots and causes a little explosion.

The magic classes expanded mod also gives them a cloaking ability so you can sneak them around.

And as she is now a legendary sniper she also gets a -30% aim time, so thats like -70% now?

I have Shorty set up a lightning trap for the mechoids to run over. Yeah... that worked out well.

God dammit, I was hoping someone could've gotten there fast enough to start fixing the door.

Aaand here is another jackass breaking down another door.

I sent Lina down to jack up that lancer and then all the centipedes started lighting her the gently caress up.

As she retreats the hoard moves into the marsh, I have sky around a corner to start punching anything that walks over.

Along with Lina I get Silent and the war droids in the other area to try and keep the mechoids from coming in and attacking the guests. In the bunker I got Hitomi shooting from the southern bunker while Sugar fires from the western one.

But the centipedes got close so I had Sugar move to the south and I keep her and Hitomi spread out. I've actually retreated behind the doors to try and get more distance between them and the centipedes. At this point Keanu gets down and joins Sky.

I'm just running Sky and Keanu around to get the centipedes in melee to get them to not loving shoot.

Sky gets extremely close to dying and I pull her and Keanu back. Sky can meditate the damage away, Keanu however...

There is a problem.

And then Sugar got knocked out and oh god her rifle is burning. I get Shorty to throw a heal on her, grab the rifle and start carrying Sugar to the hospital.

I try to get Keanu to fall back and sent Jelly out as she is about to bleed out. And it turns out she had some glitterworld medicene on her from a ruin that I never had her drop. I had Jelly give an emergency blood transfusion and dropped a sleeping spot on the floor, marked it as a hospital bed and had her treat Keanu on the spot.

This is a loving mess, I send out Lina and Silent to take out the centipedes on the top left while the droids shoot at whatever target they can, Sky is just leaping back and forth to keep the centipedes from shooting.

And I manage to finish them all off, once Silent and Lina took care of their targets and helped Sky to lock down the centipedes. Why didn't I fall back at any point? I don't loving know. I guess I was more concerned about the mechs turning around and going the other direction, into the guest area.

Time to take a look at the damage. Keanu lost a leg, Sky has 2 injuries including one to her brain. loving hell, good thing I can replicate the heal orb yeah?

Sugar also got some damage to her gray matter. Everyone is battered in their own way, but nothing permanent. Keanu got herself a bionic leg for her troubles.

Then at Recycle Factory, elk went mad and I FIGURED Deadmeat would've handled it, being positioned in front of the factory. But no, the elk wanted to gently caress with the droid that wasn't shooting them, he ran into the building, which meant the door was open and the elk came in, and everyone was kinda far...

:sigh:

SO loving SORRY EVERYONE WAS TOO hosed UP TO CHAT YOU UP WHILE MAKING SURE MECHOIDS WEREN'T GONNA MURDER YOU ALL IN YOUR SLEEP :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now that things have settled down, here is how One's gigs looks. Why do androids need to use the toilet? Oil change. She'll be able to handle any traders and now I can set up a trade beacon and console so thats potentionally twice as many opporutnities to trade. During the downtime she can opreate the rimfeller console to get chemfuel going, the droids can't do that.

I start reworking defenses, I close off this section all together so enemies wont bother going that way again.

Oh and I grew some hops and had the food processor turn it into wort, where I then use this fermenting tank to make beer. In vanilla you get casks to ferment beer and you have to worry about maintining proper tempurature and stuff. This tank, courtesy of Rimfactory, takes care of the tempurature itself. Think we deserve some cold ones after that raid.

Need more gunfire, meet DoubleNegative. Also meet the hibernation pod. Droids take up a good chunk of power to recharge, this pod will put them in stasis so they wont lose any power. Best of all it means that, with the lack of jobs war droids can do, I don't get notifications about them being idle. I set DN to hibernate in the bunker to be activated whenever an attack happens.

Oh you're loving kidding me. Its late game, I know drat well what this is gonna be. I get everyone set up, come loving at me you

.... bananas. Look, its been a long day.

Hey the thrumbo has been cloned. And yeah, you're reading that right. This loving thing is gonna eat an entire tree. Thrumbos eat a LOT of food, there isn't really a good reason to keep one as a pet.

So yeah, welcome to the world, life sucks.

Getting some new furniture in, we got this nifty table that has a screen on it so we can watch all the spacetube videos. How do you think online entertainment will be in 3 and a half thousand years? People insist that you absolutely HAVE to have 5 hour long videos talking about a subject, meanwhile someone takes a 5 second clip of a video game or cartoon and it'll get 10 times the amount of views as those feature length videos. poo poo I saw a channel that just takes a song, plays the first 4 seconds, then cuts to the last 2 seconds and calls it "but interest is lost" and a single one of those videos has more views than my 16 year old youtube channel has lifetime views. No I'm not bitter.

Sorry went off the deep end there. Eating at this table will increase recreation need as well. And the chairs up top and bottom are ergonomic chairs, thrumbofur ones. Look I had a bunch of thrumbofur left from that ruin and I just murdered one that was like 10 seconds old, I can spare it. The colonists are in complete luxury, mechoids aside.

I've also reworked the first bunker, once again pulling back the line instead of being right up next to the marsh.

I've also got trash cans researched, they passively clean up trash and other filth in a radius. There is also a trash can that'll do it for a smaller radius.

I got pretty much every area that colonists will actively be around covered.

With spacer furniture researched I can make these advance beds, which requires some uranium and an advance component. I give the first one to Sugar, this is an excellent quality bed and she has quick sleper.

Within 3 hours she was fully rested. Good lord.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
If you buy a T3 pulse miner or build one, you have the option of mining stone, steel, or arcanium. So arcanium is CHEAP once you get a T3 pulse miner. I have had multiple opportunities to build my entire base out of arcanium because of how much I get from a T3 pulse miner.

Also if you wanted to have infinite resurrections, just print an android with the priest class, they get access to resurrection, which does exactly what it says, and it works on corpses you've had frozen for years. Downside is without equipment it can only be cast once every few days, incapacitates the pawn for a week, and it requires another skill "purifying flames" to cure the disabilities caused by resurrections.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Leal posted:

But we can now print out colonists to our own standards. We can change their identities (backstories) which changes up what skills they will have weighted, then you can smack reroll skills over and over until you get a skill spread or passions that you like. We can see how they'll look and can change their hair and color. On the right side we can choose upgrades, which each requires its own research.

And here I was expecting you to print foxgirl androids (top center button lets you specify race) because the printer will let you make your android almost any HumanoidAlienRaces-framework species, even some completely nonsensical combinations like a stupid-overpowered T5 with all the Androids modules, and then install the Android Tiers upgrades as well.

Also the requirements scale to body size so if you use a species that is huge (T5 and M7 especially) then it costs way more, or if the race's adult bodysize is smaller than humans it actually costs less. The multiplier also applies to upgrades, which can save a lot of advanced components and such. But 0.85 Techprof/AI Persona Cores still gets rounded up to 1.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SugarAddict posted:

If you buy a T3 pulse miner or build one, you have the option of mining stone, steel, or arcanium. So arcanium is CHEAP once you get a T3 pulse miner. I have had multiple opportunities to build my entire base out of arcanium because of how much I get from a T3 pulse miner.

Right, I do have the miner set up to keep me at a certain level of arcanium. I'm gonna go ahead and start putting that poo poo up. I'd be concerned about colony wealth but I mean, when 50% of a mechoid raid is centipedes I'm pretty sure I'm hitting the cap at this point.

silentsnack posted:

And here I was expecting you to print foxgirl androids (top center button lets you specify race) because the printer will let you make your android almost any HumanoidAlienRaces-framework species, even some completely nonsensical combinations like a stupid-overpowered T5 with all the Androids modules, and then install the Android Tiers upgrades as well.

Also the requirements scale to body size so if you use a species that is huge (T5 and M7 especially) then it costs way more, or if the race's adult bodysize is smaller than humans it actually costs less. The multiplier also applies to upgrades, which can save a lot of advanced components and such. But 0.85 Techprof/AI Persona Cores still gets rounded up to 1.

Interesting about the requirement scaling, didn't know that. And yeah I forgot to mention about the race change, though I briefly talked about it with how that one android in the ancient danger being a human one. I stuck with the default android race cause... visual variety?

E: Also :siren: I will accept names again :siren: I'm gonna guess maybe another 3 pawns will be added to the colony before I completely stop on that front. E2: Always willing to take names for animals though

Leal fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 19, 2021

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Love the lp. Forgot how op some. Of the mods get. And how hard it is to not go overboard with mods.

Id like to be pawn'd

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
Person, machine, why not both? And a colony to myself and the robots!

Can't wait to see how I die horribly. :v:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

Right, I do have the miner set up to keep me at a certain level of arcanium. I'm gonna go ahead and start putting that poo poo up. I'd be concerned about colony wealth but I mean, when 50% of a mechoid raid is centipedes I'm pretty sure I'm hitting the cap at this point.

I got a demon invasion with about 20 or so demons. Full colony wipe in under 2 minutes. Turns out demon's flight spell ignores everything. Including if you're under a mountain. Everyone died and everything was on fire. I had to reload that.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Always amusing to read the updates. You never know what the hell Randy's gonna throw at you.

I'd like to be pawn'd, please. (Didn't work out back on page two, maybe it will now.)

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Holy moley that was a bunch of very big robots.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Spaaaace

Researched making IEDs, any mortar shell can be turned into one. I may start shoving wooden furniture in the cavern and place a bunch of napalm/incendiary IEDs to automate handling infestations. Note that enemies will have to directly step on the IED to set it off, not just step in that radius. I'll pay attention to where raiders walk and readjust the IEDs cause they tend to take the same pathway every time.

I also start researching into space flight. There is a lot to research and it takes time to build everything up so its best to get on that soon.

Looking over our guests and hey, I think I pointed this one out before. And that passion spread is pretty good...

And holy poo poo! It finally happened! I can recruit a pawn normally through the guest system!

So of course after all that effort getting a brain scan of someone with flames in shooting and craft, I just recruit someone who has those plus a lot more :negative:

I start replacing walls with arcalleum walls as well as barriers, which is a metal alloy barrier research. The walls have 1.2k health, the barriers have 1.6k :lol: Barriers are like barricades but provide slightly better coverage.

Over at Recycle Factory OneWingDevil has reservations about butchering of bodies. She'll get over it, I mean just look at how comfy these armchairs are!

Whats nice is that I believe in the past the "butchered humanlike" mood would even effect other colonies. I'm surprised that was changed.

A siege arrived but uh, the raiders were just kinda milling around for a bit.

So I sent Sugar and Hitomi over to take shots at them to get them moving.

I think its that so much of the map is now considered in my colony that the siege AI is getting all wonky. Honestly I was kinda hoping they would've dropped that stuff close to me. In the past I've had raiders drop their stuff right next to me so I kept stealing their ammo before the raiders showed up. They'd drop pod more ammo and I'd swipe it again until they just flat out ran out of ammo.

While all the other raiders go over the barricades you got this jackass who is just gonna break the door down to be a cock.

Aaaand in doing so it made Krysm come over to fix it :doh:

Krysm was so close to safety :saddumb:

Now that the bunker is backed up most enemies can't get close enough to fire back. God drat is this satisfying, just 3 sets of miniguns brattatttatata into the horde.

Star is now Senrath who I give 2 doses of a crafting neurosimulator and make an elemental gunner. Elemental Gunner is almost like a hybrid of Technomancer and the Super Soldier class:

On the magic side they get both the techno bit AND the engineer weapon. Thats bullshit :argh:

On the might side they get the Pistol Specialization that Super Soldiers get which gives a general boost to pistol usage (damage, aim speed, cooldown between shots) as well as a chance, up to 40%, where the cooldown between shots is negated.

Oddly enough their elemental bullets are might based instead of magic. Ignition Shot will set the target on fire. Frost Shot will inflict a slow debuff and can shatter on armored targets. Lightning Shot will sap energy from the target and give the gunner a stamina and mana regen boost. Lucent Shot will fire a bullet in the air that causes beams of light to come crashing down.

Oh and they get -30% aim time plus +5 accuracy... and Senrath is trigger happy so thats another -50% aim time with the penalty being cancelled out. I give her a modular hybrid pistol which has a 3 round burst, made a techno weapon out of it and then had the original in her offhand so she is dual wielding. I don't know if the offhand weapon will get the bonuses, I dunno is the pistol specialization stacks with the techno weapon, but all I know is dear lord she fires forever.

And then Blue Moon drop podded directly on top of the landing pad.

Lina is gonna axe them to leave.

And now that Blue Moon actually had some points to get real weapons instead of knives, look at this guy. This gun does a TON of damage, but it isn't exaggerating about the accuracy. Still, I have Dervin trade out his minigun for this.

So Sky somehow lost her arm. Note that it says "removed" and whenever you hover over a wound it'll tell you how it happened. But it just says "removed" like I used a medical order to remove it. This isn't the first time its happened, so I quietly cheated her arm back. But this is twice now. So I get her arm orb'd and go about getting a different arm for her.

Oh and then one of the wolves drank so much alcohol that they got cirrhosis from it. You don't want your drugs around your animals cause they WILL consume it. How does a wolf open a bottle of beer and drink from it? gently caress if I know.

So I go and make Sky an Energy Fist. This will only replace her hand. Hopefully its less likely to be buggy.

And speaking of implants, I also make one of these for Sugar. The shooting accuracy was what I wanted, but it also gives a +5 mood. Thats er, ok. Kinda an unneeded bonus to get a permanent +5 mood but hey. So Sugar now has a +9 mood and gets a +24 relation bonus with any other transhumanist. At this point she is automatically a friend with any transhumanist.

Meet the start of our space adventures. The walls are powered ship hulls, which cost steel, plasteel and components to make. Per segment. There is an unpowered segment that costs... 2 less steel and 1 less plasteel. Then there is an airlock that'll let you have access to space without decompressing the room. There are also some solar arrays to generate power during the day. The flooring is a ship hull which all costs steel and plasteel.

We're gonna need a LOT of plasteel and components.

One of the Blue Moon troops had this and good lord, another legendary.

I give it to Silentsnack and she now has 2 layers of combat shielding. Not sure if I want to make a set for the other non Sky melee users or keep them in their stuff for visual variety.

I've placed down a bunch of shelves and pallets over at Recycle Factory to keep everything sorted and near the landing area.

Hot drat, 4 thrumbos. Gimme that fur and horns.

I then realized that Silent has 200% armor, that is the cap. She can't get anymore defenses than this. Sure its overall, so its not like her head is fully armored, but yeah she is gonna be hard to kill even if she didn't have 2 layers of shielding.

So I've been thinking of Jelly, she never fights because the medic's aim time and steep accuracy penalty makes her utterly worthless in combat. I even gave her an LMG in hopes of firing a bunch of bullets will either hit something or suppress enemies. But her accuracy was so bad that she would manage to shoot 90 degrees to her right, then her left, over and over so the bullets couldn't even get close to enemies to suppress them. So I made her a support specialist and gave her a chain shotgun. Oh and when I used the spirit of shard extraction on her it gave a shard...

That broke the god drat XP bar when she took it. Anyways, the abilities for this class are:

Scattershot: It'll fire a bunch of shotgun pellets at a target which spreads out. Either hit something close to do a lot of damage or aim at a bunch of enemies far away and hit them all.

Point Blank is an instant shot that does a lot of damage.

Flashpowder Shells will stun enemies

Dragon's Breath Shells will burn the target

Hi Explosive Shells will fire... explosive shells.

And she still has the Emergency, Stim Shot and Booster Shot abilities from medic.

Finally she can make an inflatable wall appear between her and towards the target, if I need to block an area in an emergency.

Over in Recycle Factory I spotted a named wolf and oh poo poo, its one of the ones I sold to some random trader.

A new clone popped out, meet DelilahFlowers. She is cloned from Sugar and has Star's brain scan. Now I got more crafters than I know what to do with!

The ship to be is all set up. I'll mention first in the top right I've researched smart toilets and power showers, so we got golden efficient toilets. Also I made the showers ruby and sapphire because if someone tries to spy in the shower room :siren:

Below the bathroom is a stealth generator and trust me, you want one of these. It keeps you from being attacked by other ships in space. We'll get to that when we get to it.

On the bottom right is a shuttle bay, its where transports will arrive when coming in from planetside.

The bottom left is a life support system, its needed to make the inside of the ship breatheable. It also provides water and water treatment for the ship.

Up top, left of the bathrooms, is a basic scanner and a minimal bridge. And on the bottom is a large engine.

Almost ready to go to space.

.... You're loving kidding me. Every loving one is a centipede?!

Urg, anyways back at Recycle Factory that wolf turned manhunter while attacking another, less centipede infested ship over there. I think he's pissed we sold him.

Back at Tunia I sent Dervin to fire a few shots at the centipedes and god, that thing does some damage. When it hits. If it hits.

As everyone wakes up I send Hitomi and Sugar over to take shots at them. Since the mechoids will hang around their ship I get close to take a few shots and fall back as they come out. At a point they stop pursuing and turn around, but they'll still be in the range of our weapons.

Also I tried bombing them. It uh, didn't really work out that well. Slow and steady wins the race.

I did some research in automation and now I can make assemblers. This is gonna be real good, just you wait.

I pump more points in Sugar's anti armor abilities and sometimes I can get a centipede stunner so we can take more shots at them before they return to the horde.

And I'd like to note that despite the arcalleum walls having so much health the centipededs STILL utterly destroy them. Eventually I thin out enough of the centipedes that I get everyone together and just rush them down.

Lina loses as leg and got a god drat burn scar on her brain. How does that happen and not result in you losing the top half of your head? Worse though is that she only has 2 hours until bleeding out and there isn't a single god drat person with any medical nearby. Silent was nearby however... and I thought of something.

I set her in phoenix stance and with her triple digit move speed she loving booked it and got Lina to a hospital bed where Jelly patched her up. I clutched that poo poo.

Now thats all done, meet the database. This is an item that we can place around workbenches and have it learn recipes. It takes some time, but it can learn ANY recipe in a bench. So I take it around and learn a few things.

Also I printed out another android, meet Lynneth. Also I notice her eyes are glowing but Devil's aren't. Hrm...

Anyways, she is wearing an eva suit and helmet (not pictured) for a special reason.

:patriot:

When launching the screen gets progressively whiter.

When it got really white I hit my screenshot key... and got this instead.

Here it is, space. It's everything I imagine it would be! While up here the planet below is the same planet we are on. It can even rotate, but thats a massive resource hog so I set it to be static.

Now as I'm going through all the names I've seen Mojangles up there wanting to be a droid. But honestly I don't think I'll be making another, but then I learned I can change the names of the haulbots and roombas. And really, haulbot is more than just a haulbot. Haulbot is one of the community. Thank you for being there all this time

Alright and now for that assembler! The assembler will have this larger blue radius around it and any database (near the bottom right) in its radius will give its recipes to the assembler. The assembler has the usual white square input around it, but we can overclock it and expand that radius for more power usage. So this is what I call the "can't be fuckinator". Any nearby steel is made into components and I want to make sure I got 50 of them. If I have any plasteel or gold nearby it'll also make advance components. I want to keep reinforced glass for the autodoors which requires regular glass. Circular glass is used to make overhead lights so I want to keep those on hand as well. It'll turn any stone blocks that isn't granite (though honestly, maybe it should since I'm using arcalleum as a building material now), along with any other materials I don't really need (bamboo, ironwood, maybe foerum) into sculptures I can sell. And of course it'll automatically make hats. Any material that isn't devilstrand, manaweave, synthread, hyperweave or thrumbofur is turned into a hat.

In short, now when I process raids I only get the absolute best materials while all the less worthwhile stuff is automatically turned into something I can sell.

I've replaced the wood crates with metal crates, the small ones hold 64 stacks worth of stuff. I really needed it cause there was a lot of backup happening on the line. Then it all gets fed into a large steel crate which holds 128 stacks worth of poo poo. So it can comfortably keep all the different textiles in there and as it gets enough to make a hat it'll spit one out, along with anything else. Anything of worth is taken out by the droids and placed on the pallets or shelves.

I've researched a bit more into defense stuff and finally its time to use this techprof core that I've had for a while.

:getin: I can now make those shields. They require a lot though, combined with how much the space stuff is gonna take up my plasteel and advance components it might be a bit before I get one going.

As I've gone through defense here is some more stuff that I got. Outside of the walls is some barbed wire, it'll slow down pawns and can damage them. I'll probably add another layer or 2 to it. Behind the wall is a trench. Trenches provide a defense boost at the cost of lower range on weapons and it takes time for pawns to go in and out of them. This can be a bonus though, as raiders get through the barbed wire they then have to enter then get out of the trenches.

Now I spent like a solid day figuring out some kind of placement for the space station.

When pawns are in space they get a passive "In Space" mood buff, unless they're a wimp or undergrounder. Then they get a penalty. When they go out in space they get a bigger boost.

As to why androids need a space suit to go out in space? Magic.

Now when it comes to transporting stuff between the planet and your space station you need these guys, the SRTS stuff wont cut it. They take uranium rods as fuel and need 100 per trip. Uranium rods are made from uranium and steel. I make sure we have at least a thousand at base and remember to send a hundred to the station so it can return.

And if you were wondering how it looks on the world map, there is the station hanging out off planet.

As I get more in automation I've built a S.A.L robot that you can place in the chair spot of a workbench and it'll do whatever bills you set on it. In this case I've set one up on the refiner to constantly make nutrient solution and protein mash.

Oh and the assembler can make masterwork items... hoo boy can it ever.

I decided nuts to my previous layout and decided to try and make Donut Station from Space Station 13.

I've made Delilah into an enchanter, a mage that can transmute stuff. They get a handful of neat abilities

They get an enchanted body and enchanted aura ability. Enchanted body will give them a bonus to manipulation and fighting speed by growing extra limbs. This horrifies other colonists however. Enchanted aura will make pawns like them more.

Transmutate will change items from one material to another material. It can do other stuff as it gets leveled up, like turning raw food into pemmican or turning equipment from one material to another.

Enchanter's Stone will make an artifact out of items depending on the material it is made out of.

Enchant weapon will enchant a melee weapon with an element of some kind

Polymorph can turn pawns into an animal for a time.

Shapeshift will turn the pawn into a random creature for a time.

To help with getting plasteel I build a long range mineral scanner. It's like the deep mineral scanner in that we need to dedicate pawn labor to scan for minerals. Unlike the deep scanner though we can directly choose what material we want. So I set it to scan for plasteel and wait.

I've also redone the bunker, I took out the flooring, added dirt so I can then dig trenches. Also the first turret, an autocannon turret. Its got some range and packs a punch, but it does have a range where it can't shoot for being too close. Good thing its on the other side of some deep water, huh?

I spent 2 days on this hosed up donut station. It looks more like a square with rounded edges. Let's go clockwise!

The top is gonna have 4 research benches with the multi analyzer and computer. The next room will be where stuff is stored and processed by an assembler. The little ship is up there cause thats where quartermaster would be in SS13 and we can use that ship to land back on the planet if we want, without bringing the entire station. Then I have a few bedrooms set up. The big empty room after that is where I'll be placing heatsinks. Then the engine room with some power generators and I'll set up the water heaters and stuff in there. Then the hydroponics is set up with space for 2 farm plots. It'll feed into the kitchen above it which is connected to the lounge. Above that is a room set up for clone bays, an android printer and the medical area. Then some more rooms.

I'll have the center be the bridge area with the ship computer, if its destroyed then its game over for the station. Gotta keep that protected.

I get a ruin alert and man, 5 geysers right next to one another like this? I wonder if this was legit. And for a cheat base the loot was non existent. I only left with a vitals scanner.

I go and attack another hostile faction in hopes of getting anything plasteel related and bring the wolves over.

It went well. Well, as in I cleared out the base. No plasteel.

So now starts the long process of getting a million plasteel and components to get the station set up for living. I'm waiting for scans, any ruins, attacking places in hopes of getting gauss weapons or recon armor to break down, growing organs and plants for drugs to buy more plasteel with. Gonna be a long one.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The space station can be named, what should it be called?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Just for reference "Embarrassing Anime Disaster" exactly fits the maximum length for ship names, as does "Space Elevator Is Insulated" :v:

Also it's gonna be funny when you encounter the secret best (and most stupidly-overpowered) defensive building that makes those barricades look like a joke. hint: 90% cover effectiveness and 10 million hp.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Reaching space while remaining remarkably ethical by Rimworld standards, nice work. Randy has pulled no punches all game.

Also voting for calling the station "The TTA" or "Life Star".

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
It's a space station, and it should be the last one you need to build since it'll never get destroyed right? Between that and word efficiency, I propose we call it "Lastation".

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OneWingedDevil posted:

It's a space station, and it should be the last one you need to build since it'll never get destroyed right? Between that and word efficiency, I propose we call it "Lastation".

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

I propose "Donought Station". One because it ain't a donut, and two maybe space pirates will associate it with dreadnought and stay away.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

OneWingedDevil posted:

Leal posted:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I don't get the reference but I love the reaction so I am gonna second "Lastation"

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I don't get the reference but I love the reaction so I am gonna second "Lastation"

It's a Neptunia thing. In general it's probably safe to assume any reference that gets that reaction is a Neptunia thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
call it 2nia