Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

Cause I spent over 400 in Kenshi :shepface:

Time well spent :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Leal posted:

I got a full set of bionic legs on one of the dire wolves and they get 8.25 move speed. Thats a solid 1 over what Sugar gets with 2 advance bionic legs. I'm sure if I get a spine in them it'll increase some more, but space stuff is really monopolizing all my plasteel and advance components.

I volunteer to be the Six-Million Silver Pupper. Replace as much of my original wolf flesh as possible.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Leal posted:

Cause I spent over 400 in Neptunia :shepface:

Fixed it for you :)

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Veloxyll posted:

GOT'EM

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

The Lone Badger posted:

I volunteer to be the Six-Million Silver Pupper. Replace as much of my original wolf flesh as possible.

That would require manufacturing a lot of rez/healmech injectors to counteract animals' tendency to die (or get permanently crippled) from a single unlucky headshot, because EPOE/ADogSaid cybernetics don't do that and dire wolf innate defenses aren't sufficient to keep lancers from filetmignoning your brainmeats. Or there's also CyberFauna or ArcotechExpandedProsthetics(with XenobioticPatcher) for armor implants and/or MechaniteForge for shield/tank/regen mechanites.

Or just convince Leal to devmode a wolf with Androids armor/fighter/hulk modules since animal-inspired murderbots should be less of a technical challenge to 3D print than sapient-AGI humanoids. :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Veloxyll posted:

:mad:

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
That dev statement is tempting me to go for the 10% sale right now, but still holding off on there being an even better shorter sale during this summer sale event. Even if it doesn't materialize I binged stellaris recently and should focus on RL goals for a bit so I can wait till early July.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I bought RinWorld on sale when I picked it up a couple of years ago so this isn’t the first time.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Imagine Seeing Walls Built Forever

Here is a hosed up outer perimeter wall for the station. I'll add some extra outer layers later, but for now its meant to house a series of shields outside of the base. Radiators can't vent heat when in a shield so I need the shields further out to keep up venting.

I break down one of the satellite computers and am disappointed with the stuff you get, considering the price to be paid.

Thankfully it was a bunch of scythers this time, but if centipedes dropped? gently caress that.

Meet Manu, another miner android to help Wendy as plasteel takes so long.

THAT certainly worked out.

I pack up Recycle Factory, I take all the industry machines and fly everyone out.

When you abandon a settlement you are permanently locked out of ever going back.

Welcome home! And I appreciate all the solution and mash.

Back in space, I built a small chemfuel powerplant in the back of the ship. For a mere 18 liters of fuel a day we get 4k power out of it, not bad.

Got 4 dire wolves, one for each melee pawn.

Behold: Bunker! Since we can move ships for free and instant in space I can just have this fly around the station and provide cover and maybe even turrets to defend the station. The squares with the inner circles are hardpoints that are a part of a ship but we can build stuff on top of, like arcalleum barricades and walls. The hardpoints also provide a 75% damage reduction to turrets, could probably use these even on land just to make turrets last longer. I've also got some small shields set up in there for more defense.

I start growing bamboo in hydroponics, it is slightly more beautiful than wood so I'll be using that for shelves and whatnot. Also we can turn bamboo into regular wood if we want.

Shorty... Does this.

I start slowly moving out of Tunia. A few beds are taken out, all the workshops start getting removed.

An android whose hobbies match my own!

Now I turned off the cloaking device cause it turns off radiators and that is keeping the fridge hot. Thankfully it seems only smaller ships like this one are attacking.

.... Though this still did 50% of the hull's health :shepface:

I send a shuttle on over to take care of things.

After taking out the crew we can hack the bridge to take control of it. Also note the green circle around the downed guy, thats a survival belt. If the user goes into space it'll activate and let them breathe and deal with the cold for 3 hours and its a one time use. I would make a few for the people not wearing a suit but I realized most of them are wearing shield belts and I don't wanna micro that poo poo.

After the hack goes through we just gotta click on this button here and place it somewhere on our space map. I start deconstructing the ship for all its parts.

The other ship I send down to Tunia and just move all the skips and shelves on over to it. Much faster to move all this stuff than using the shuttle.

And at this point I've researched everything possible :toot: All the research benches are deconstructed, along with the other research stuff. There are a few more things needed, but we need to find certain things in space to research them.

Using some of the extra materials from destroying the benches I make Sky a dermalplating bionic. Since she can't wear much armor this will give her some extra defenses. Another 50 health (when the base is 60) is pretty good too.

god i wish that were me

Is it possible to watch the sunset in space? Hell, the solar arrays go out at "night" in space. Is that how it works?

Look at all that loot from breaking down the ship. Steel, plasteel, components and advance components.

We need more.

And the last batch of colonists arrived up in space!

:shepface: This is gonna drive me crazy

Its been real Tunia, hope whoever finds this ruin gets really pissed off that I took everything of value up to space with me.

I send down the worker droids and start setting up at the new land colony. I brought the 256k battery, the circuit breaker, enough stuff to make a geothermal generator and the auto miner to mine up arcalleum.

Some of the stuff around the map is weird. How do you damage a blueprint?

So here is the right side of the river, got a little factory set up to process stuff and below it will have dirt put up and a large grow zone. Since its permanent summer there shouldn't be any problems with growing, and since I don't need to put up a greenhouse that means we can grow trees.

On the other side is the living area. Enough rooms for 12 colonists, though I probably wont have that much down there, a guest bunk room and the lounge will be beach side.

And then I realized the metal alloys research not only allows me to build those barriers, but also reinforced walls and jesus christ. It costs 3 times the amount of materials to make. So its gonna take a reeeeaaally long time to get the walls up.

I forgot to mention that I made Manu a Saboteur, which has an ability to make her unnoticed by enemies (the eye icon). She can also throw explosives, which I set her up to do here. The other abilities include:

Sticky Bombs will blow up after some time. It specifically mentions terrain and buildings, but not people.

Class C-45 Explosive is a gigantic explosive that costs so much stamina wise you can't even use it at the start.

Time Charge is a big bomb with a long fuse.

Flashbang will stun enemies after a short delay.

Cloaking Device will make another spawn gain stealth

Jetpack lets them fly over stuff

Taser will "inflict massive pain and potential respiratory failure."

Deception will make people not react to the saboteur unless they already spotted the saboteur.

Of course the drat timed explosive took so loving long the bugs ran out anyways :mad:

I did clear out the bugs though and I brought Jelly along with a genome scanner...

:sickos:

Land bugs are icky, but these space bugs are metal.

I set up some bridges connecting each side of the colony as well as blueprints for the bunkers. It'll be a set alternating of a bunker, a space with turrets, repeat to the end of the river. The bunkers will be walled off with doors so colonists can easily move back into the base and down the line to the next bunker as raiders come down the river.

I'll just mention that not even one side of the colony is fully walled off yet at this point, that is walling off everything that isn't inside of the river.

Oh, neat.

We can fly right on in and hack the bridge, bringing in all that loot.

It took... a long time but finally the pop up happened. This was the only suggested name. Now you'll know what they mean when they say visiting Vegas will take a piece out of you.

And at this point I realize I left my shuttles at the derelict, didn't send them back and then abandoned that map :doh:

And then Randy threw a toxic fallout at Vegas. This can be an annoying event as it will start irradiating anyone who steps outside, will kill plants and animals and makes it cold. Thankfully the droids are immune to these effects.

I also got around the naming the ship. You ever look up on youtube for bands who have untoward names such as this and getting a chuckle out of whatever youtube suggests since it cannot suggest anything rude? Butthole Surfers becomes But Those Surfers, Bare Naked Ladies becomes Bare Ladies which somehow sounds even more dirty, Nicholas Cage Loses His poo poo becomes Nicholas Cage Loses His Shirt.

A little Mechoid ship attacks. I like that all of its walls are a different "mechoid hull" so they look different, however they have the same solar power and vent systems so there is just pieces of regular ship hull breaking the pattern.

God I love these satchels.

And hey, I finally got the shield system set up. As long as heating keeps up nothing will penetrate!

While deconstructing that derelict I realized there was a sleeping casket inside.

And inside of that was someone who decided to attack, who isn't wearing any sort of space protection so even if Manu didn't immediately light him up, he wasn't gonna live long.

Now I got attacked again, it was a small ship so I didn't think to screenshot it. Then the loving shields broke and parts of the outer hull started falling off.

THIS loving tiny ship managed to completely eat through the shields and is destroying the outer sections of the station. All my shields broke, some caught on fire and were destroyed, others fell off the ship with the outer hull. I paid for my hubris. I need to make more heat sinks.

And I guess the station getting hosed up was just too much for Sky. This is part of the psychology mod, now she wont feel anything when seeing bodies.

How nice of everyone to let the dog sit at the table with them.

Back at Vegas some Hisa merchants showed up right where a mechoid ship dropped. One of them is Lina's grandfather and his kidney gets shot out. Thankfully he survives so Lina doesn't get a mood penalty from it.

Since stuff is showing up and dying at Vegas I send down some materials for the factory to break things down. I also sent a space cooker, next to it is a refrigerated storage unit. Those belts coming from the garden area has a splitter that will put all textiles and drugs into the factory but any food will go into an I/O unit that goes into the storage unit. Above the electric furnace is where bodies will be split off into and any non humanoid meat will also go into an I/O unit that goes into the digital storage unit. When the space cooker makes any food it'll drop it into its own I/O unit to go to a refridgerated storage unit over at the lounge.

I've also got OneWingedDevil sent down with the can'tbefuckinator to keep reinforced glass coming in, as well as dealing with any non valuable textiles.

Ah, a derelict destroyer? I want those parts

Er... This poo poo aint derelict! There is bugs and people all over the place!

I let them fight it on out for a bit....

Once it gets quiet and survival belts run out of time, I send some people on over. Whats nice is that even though the ship has weapons it isn't firing on us.

Weirdly enough some of the surviving crew and bugs are not hostile to one another. This bug sat by while the crew member destroyed its hive.

BREACH AND CLEAR!

Oh god that attracted a conga line of bugs. And I don't have any melee pawns equipped for space combat.

I've learned you can hack doors instead of destroying them. Or breach, though I'm not sure what exactly that does. It is quicker to hack doors though than it is for me to throw a satchel and wait for it to explode.

This poor bastard

Good lord, I almost couldn't fit this on the map. This is a really big ship.. and only Hitomi and Lynneth are the only constructors with EVA suits, so taking it apart while also constructing stuff will take forever.

This is a drone port, part of an expansion for rimindustry. There is one for cutting trees and plants, a caretaker one where the drones will fight fires, flick stuff, clean and haul and finally this: A construction drone. They can do construction and mine. Each port can support up to 20 drones, you need to build extra drone modules to "fuel" the port.

More importantly, they can deconstruct. Dear god, its like a bunch of locusts descending upon the ship and absolutely tearing it up.

And after tearing that ship apart they start building up on the outer wall. Why didn't I build this way sooner :shepface:

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 1, 2021

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

And after tearing that ship apart they start building up on the outer wall. Why didn't I build this way sooner :shepface:

I'm wondering why you never built them until now. There's also one for farming.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

pareidolia strikes me:

Leal posted:

Is it possible to watch the sunset in space?

yes, and it's fuckin dope:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnhKSZMHnQk

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

biosterous posted:

pareidolia strikes me:

That is horrifying because the world map is constant static and that northern pole is always gonna be there and I'm now gonna see this.

This is cool, makes me lust more for space travel poo poo to hurry up and be possible.

Leal fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 2, 2021

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Leal posted:

That is horrifying because the world map is constant static and that northern pole is always gonna be there and I'm now gonna see this.

:evilbuddy:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Frakenstation

:shepface: I think we got enough materials

Imagine thousands of pieces of material floating in space, forever.

I finally get Vegas Dos enclosed. Though the right side is regular, non reinforced wall just so I can get them up faster. I'll slowly replace them with reinforced walls.

Getting the first bunker set up. Bunkers for colonists to fire out, a spot for turrets to fire at people coming in while the colonists move to the next bunker.

I also crack the ancient danger while I'm here. Again its only soothers and a plants neurotrainer. What trash.

Since I will never get them, the other items you can get from an ancient danger are psychic lancers that can cause a pawn to go into shock, great for knocking someone that you plan to capture down. Another will set all animals that aren't yours into a manhunter state, great to use on your enemies.

Urg, infested ship chunks landing right inside of the colony. I need to set up pillboxes and poo poo inside the walls for situations like this.

Man I love it when you're fighting insects and one of them just decides they're gonna gently caress off somewhere else and be an annoying poo poo.

A raid shows up and I send Manu down and have her drop her big explosive.

Since using a move turns off stealth I have her use her jetpack to fly away.

Into the safety of Hitomi and Sugar shooting anyone that tries chasing her.

.... Thats it?! Thats the "massive" explosion?! It only loving killed one and barely wounded the others! I spent that time sneaking over for this?! I want my time back!

Urg, and toaster goes running out to pick up a body and gets killed.

Hey, don't think I don't see you checking out my puller!

I set the entire river to be a zone that doesn't allow anything inside of it and that puller is attached to it.

And viola! Anything that dies or is dropped in that river is yanked out by the puller. I'll build up some belts that goes to the factory to process whatever is taken out. Don't even have to carry the bodies or equipment now.

Speaking of the factory, meet the XL mechanites cultivator. Besides the obvious "big grow zone" thing, if you look near the bottom left you'll see a yellow square. That square goes from top to bottom, left to right, and whenever it passes over a tile that needs to have something planted or harvested it will do that job and it will do it instantly. No waiting for planting/cutting, it passes, it gets done. The cultivator also has a drop off zone around it that you can rotate, I've got it placed over an i/o port that'll throw whatever into the digital storage inside the factory proper. I got another i/o inside of the factory that will pull any non food stuff out of the fridge and place it onto the belts to be used by the factory.

Something I can show off now that we got a river, watermills! These in particular are enhanced watermills that provide some extra power. Normal water mills need 300 wood and some components, these need steel and advance components. They have to be placed in moving water to function, so I can't throw them along the beach for power. Also they have a zone that they work and you can't place them too close to one another or they wont work.

I could line them up all along the river but raiders do enjoy going after them, so I got these set up past the last bunker.

Another derelict cruiser popped up, but this time there wasn't a bunch of bugs inside to fight off the crew. Also its engines were functioning so if I tried to go in from the bottom, well as soon as those turned on it would kill everyone.

Anyways I use Manu's sticky bombs which throws a whole bunch of them.

Not bad at all. This lets me head straight into the bridge.

Several high level psychic drones keep going off which gives a -30 mood. It finally set Wendy off to start punching poo poo.

Dammit, bugs in that ancient danger since its built into the mountain. I'm gonna have to start filling it with walls to keep them from spawning in. Or I might just put a bunch of napalm IEDs and wooden furniture in there.

Urg, so the second set of turrets is a rocket turret. As said in the past, any explosives will completely destroy a bridge. Maybe I should do away with these all together.

HOO BOY I LOVE IT WHEN A BUG JUST DECIDES ITS GONNA LEAVE THE GROUP TO DO SOMETHING ELSE

I go in and start taking out the nests and a stray bullet hits the caskets. Thankfully everyone inside was a non hostile and they leave.

Why do you have a railgun attached to a mining ship?!

The pilot was so concerned with piloting that shorty was able to waltz right up and use pointblank on them.

Annoyingly the shields got blasted again and some of the outer wall got shot off.

Getting kinda crowded in here.

And yeah, it got so hot in the ship fires started. I had to forbid all the doors to keep colonists from running in to extinguish the fire and burning to death from the superheated air.

More raiders showed up and this should've been textbook. Except one of the raiders has a move that can just teleport another pawn, so Sugar got yanked out of the bunker.

Then she got hit by a bunch of... I don't loving know but it caused her to become confused and start wandering.

Then they used that teleport poo poo AGAIN. She got really close to dying before finally passing out.

Also some fucker dropped a mine over their corpse so when One walked over it it blew off her toe.

Sugar got so hosed up in that fight her armor got destroyed. And I don't have a spare to replicate... nor do I have the foerum since I used that for making statues. I have been hoisted.

Meet the can'tbefuckinator mk II. This is an overclocked assembler that will make things faster the more it makes those items. Best of all: It cannot go above normal quality. So I don't have to deal with getting blasted with masterwork messages after every raid. The loss of money is fine, not that there is a lot to buy now anyways.

Oh and it can be overclocked to a MASSIVE range. And its database range is even bigger, you can't see it cause its outside of the screenshot. I'll rearrange the placement of this so it can also get the fridge storage unit in its radius.

I also put a lot more recipes into its data base. It'll make yayo, flake, joints, kibble (cause for some reason the spacer cooker can't do that, and you can't expand the radius on a meat grinder so it can't reach the center tile of a digital storage unit, where all its stuff is stored), medkits, neutromine from neutroglycerine, nutrient solution and protein mash so I don't need a distillery for that, and mortar shells. This is on top of the other recipes the previous assembler had.

Also meet the Pelican. Big ship. This is the last ship tier in the cargo ship line, which I've pretty much ignored till now. It can hold up to 22k weight and is faster than the albatross. Also it can hold something like 20 colonists.

Hitomi made a masterwork glitterworld hospital bed. This is the best hospital bed we can get and with a masterwork one with a vitals monitor gives a 145% success rate to surgery.

I get shelves and other storage stuff set up in the factory as well as a mini workshop helper station on the bottom. This houses 2 drones that will flick, haul, firefight and clean in its radius. Unfortunately though it doesn't seem to work with hauling stuff to these storage containers, only the rimindustry boxes. So I got rid of it.

Meet Mojangles Jr, who will stay in the safety of the factory to keep up with hauling stuff around as needed.

While going through the storage stuff I look at the description for the hayloft and what the gently caress are you going on about you nutjob? This is the only item where the description goes on a one off like this.

Its so bad Sky OD'd over it. Pawns have an overdose stat that is quietly added to their health, you don't get this until the point they pass out from it. When she recovers enough to walk its still in her health tab as a percentage, I believe if it hits 100% she'll die. However meditation will cure that OD away :buddy:

Sugar got her regulation synthetic stomach which is now 4 bionics. Looks like you need 5 bionics to get the full bonus. And she now gets a +38 bonus to relations with an transhumanists.

Some ship debris showed up and I send Wendy on over, mounted on her mighty cosmipillar steed. Besides space mounting I did have another reason to get these but it didn't work out. Land bugs will dig if you designate a dig spot, but these guys don't sadly. I sent them out on an asteroid mine trip and they did nothing :(

Oh hey there are some raiders hanging around here.

Wendy just doing some drive bys on her mighty steed, NBD.

Why... why do you guys have a rocket launcher in space.

Manu also got her stomach destroyed, holy poo poo. Guess I know who is next in line to get a new stomach huh?

At this point I realize Wendy has a heavy eva suit. I don't know where she got this from, I haven't built any and I don't recall grabbing any. And its not tainted so it didn't come off a corpse...

:shrug:

Bunkers are coming along good. I put little extensions on the bridge with a small hardpoint on them, also under the autocannons I got hardpoints to get that sweet 75% damage reduction. On the small hardpoints I put some military turrets as they're the best material to offense capabilities for something that is, frankly, disposable. But I've learned something: I can make the turrets out of arcalleum, which gives them a sizeable HP boost. A steel turret only gets 100 HP, an arcalleum one has 400. With the hardpoint defense boost, hopefully these wont be as disposable.

Getting factory storage all set up. I've also expanded the storage capacity of the end of the line with an extra crate and a puller to yank stuff over.

Urg, its kinda hard to do the bunker thing when 44 scythers come crashing in. And this shows a few flaws with my plan.

Since they run straight to the bunker they get defended by the shields, which keeps intercepting shots from the turrets. Also the river is so wide that people in one bunker can't shoot at whoever is heading to the other bunker.

Dammit Mojangles :(

Also the drat rocket turrets blew up a part of the bridge, which turned off power to the turrets lining the bridge. They gotta go.

Speaking of turrets, I set up a bunch of cannon turrets in the space station, they're inside but don't worry, they're peeking over the roofs. This is so I can have pawns refuel their uranium slugs inside the station. They have the bonus of not using much power or heat when firing and I can set them up to shoot at incoming torpedoes.

I also line up some of the extensions leading to the outer wall with railguns and plasma turrets.

Hrm, archotech eh?

...... Are you making GBS threads me?

I have no hope in taking down their shields, however they have 3 railguns which provides an in to the ship. You have to have the railguns exposed, they'll blast through anything in front of them. Between shots I get Jelly to throw a few satchels at the gun.

I get Manu to go around the side to chuck sticky bombs all over the other gun.

When the fronts explode I have the rest run in and melee down this capacitor, more so I can actually get them to move around inside the ship. If I click on the amplifiers it just makes them shoot at it instead of move.

I realized too late that Manu's blowing up of the other railgun had blown a hole in the wall and the mechoids in that section start charging out. And I'm the one stuck in a dead end.

I have everyone just rush forward, lancers get a penalty when you're closer to them and as I have no cover its the best I can do. Hitomi gets her god drat lung shot out.

I send the wounded back to base while Jelly, Manu and Wendy stay behind. All 3 railguns are down, all that the ship has left for offense are those lasers.

I start blowing up the walls to get the computer core which is surrounded by these antigrain IEDs. The entire ship is full of these actually.

I'm about to hit my heat cap so I shut the shields down. Since its only 8 lasers firing at me I'm not too concerned, especially after I put 2 additional layers of hull on the outside. And now we got 20 drones who'll bravely fly out to fix poo poo up :salute:

After getting through the walls I have someone shoot the IED from safety to blow up the computer. Now the battle is won and the turrets stop firing.

I send everyone home and bring Lynneth in with some of the copious amounts of material floating in space to do some repairs inside the ship.

:getin:

I barely managed to squeeze the ship into our space. Now I can't actually deconstruct any of the ship, there is no option to do anything on this and its because there are still mechoids hanging around inside. So I start blowing up little sections of the wall to pop the mechoids hanging around inside. Weirdly though their AI is bugged and they are completely nonhostile, they take those shots and do nothing about it.

While the mechoids aren't hostile, their turrets still are. I get Manu to head in and start shooting one, safe in their deadzone.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Well there goes half the loving ship. So yeah, don't shoot the turrets. What with all the loving antigrain IEDs filling the ship.

Jelly just loving loves throwing explosives.

Back at Vegas someone comes crashing down and its Hitomi's sister. She has quite the active family.

Jesus Christ Hitomi why is everyone that is related to you a loving awful person?

I finally take out the last of the mechoids and I can finally start claiming poo poo and deconstructing things. Got a whole 9 vanometric power cells for our uninterrupted power needs. I can also start taking down the IEDs for my own use. I yank out the power cells, turn on the shields and wait for the power to run out of the batteries as the turrets are still hostile.

For the parts of the ship that got blown the gently caress up and have no turrets, I fix up parts of it and deconstruct any uneeded parts and throw a bridge in there. I can move these pieces onto the station to take advantage of this archotech poo poo. I can't move their heatsinks or shields normally. Their heatsinks turn heat into energy. No need to worry about cooling the room down! Their shields also create 25% less heat than normal shields.

While waiting for the batteries to drain I see I can get to these 2 down here and be in the deadzone of the turrets. So I get Hitomi to deconstruct part of the wall and yank them out.

Once the batteries are out of juice I can deconstruct the turrets and start carving out parts of the ship and set up bridges to move all these heatsinks to the station. I even manage to keep 2 of their shields active to provide more shielding.

This station is loving ugly, god drat. Why did I go with this?

Leal fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jul 18, 2021

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Can the non stop random raids be disabled or toned down at all? I'm liking the look of the game, but I'm not a fan of constantly being under siege.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

King Doom posted:

Can the non stop random raids be disabled or toned down at all? I'm liking the look of the game, but I'm not a fan of constantly being under siege.

The way to reduce your raid frequency is to go into storyteller settings and lower the difficulty and/or switch your storyteller personality over to Phoebe.

If you just wanna build and watch your little town of dipshits build and slapfight and occasionally go insane and smoke so much spacecrack their kidneys melt, in custom scenario settings (when starting a new game) you can disable all of the raid/dropraid/siege/infestation/etc events entirely.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Deep storage is normally configured to not allow non-humans to interact with them, but it's a config option so you can change that. Also be sure to turn off the calucation time for removing and adding stuff to storage.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

King Doom posted:

Under the default storyteller (Cassandra) raids, manhunter packs etc tend to come every 4-6 days. So you have a bunch of time to actually build and muck up surgeries and plant smokeleaf etc.

Randy has the same difficulty range as Cassandra, but DOESN'T have a cooldown.
So sometimes you'll go an entire season with nothing happening.
Or he'll drop two mech raids and a bunch of pirates on you in the span of 12 in game hours.

Phoebe can only go to like 150% of wealth raid strength instead of capping out at 200% like the other two, don't believe the game's lies about "she can hit as hard as the other two".

Raid cooldowns and wealth is calculated PER colony though. So if you have two colonies on the planet, they each generate raids etc independantly.

Plus Leal is probably cutting out a bunch of "And 3 days passed and we built some stuff" sections. And "A pack of manhunting Chickens has entered the map" because Randy IS very much random.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
You can go into the scenario editor and completely remove raids and mechoid drops. You can also play on peaceful which outright disables the toxic fallout, flashstorm and volcano winter event, along with providing some bonuses like higher colonist mood and more food from farming.

SugarAddict posted:

Deep storage is normally configured to not allow non-humans to interact with them, but it's a config option so you can change that. Also be sure to turn off the calucation time for removing and adding stuff to storage.

... god dammit

Veloxyll posted:

Plus Leal is probably cutting out a bunch of "And 3 days passed and we built some stuff" sections. And "A pack of manhunting Chickens has entered the map" because Randy IS very much random.

Yeah unless something interesting happens when an event happens I'll be omitting it at this point. If that raid where Sugar kept getting teleported around didn't have that little bit happening I would've left it out completely.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah you can drop the difficulty to have a chiller game and also remove raids in the editor. There are also some mods that lower the difficulty in slightly different ways (I have a mod that removes sapper raids and drop ships in the home zone, a mod that caps the wealth multiplier lower than 200%, and a mod that changes how wealth is calculated so the game care more about how much military and fortification strength you have before it throws raids at you).

There are ways to make Rimworld a more calm colony sim.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

... god dammit

I know that feeling all too well.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/294100/view/2995438840867001419

:stare:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Rimworld devs just love dropping massive expansions with no warning. And this one is way more impressive than Royalty.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
It looks like they've looked at what a poo poo ton of mods and said "this sounds good if it's part of the base game".
I love it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Looks like I'll need to restart the LP and make a cult of techno dancers

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

SugarAddict posted:

It looks like they've looked at what a poo poo ton of mods and said "this sounds good if it's part of the base game".
I love it.

Yeah, Achtung! becoming base game, those stabilization mods, the ability to rescue to arbitrary points, holy crap. I don't know if they're adding a minimap, but if they do, they pretty much added in most of my "must have" quality of life mods right then and there.

Also stoked about the animal changes, and I really, really hope they've changed how animals are handled so that they aren't a massive drain on FPS.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
For those who don't read the main rimworld thread:

There might be a glamor system coming in with ideology. This poo poo owns

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Hey, Any chance you can explain how to build a recycler? got all the same mods you have and researched the ability to make it, but I can't find it in any of the build menu's. Guessing I need a different type of crafting station I don't have yet?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Some stuff will have multiple buildings in the same slot on the building menu, if you click and keep your mouse in place it'll do a drop down kinda like how you change what material to make a wall out of. The recycler is in the same spot as the industrial stoneworks.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

King Doom posted:

Hey, Any chance you can explain how to build a recycler? got all the same mods you have and researched the ability to make it, but I can't find it in any of the build menu's. Guessing I need a different type of crafting station I don't have yet?

It's Rimfactory. The option to build the Smart Recycler is a dropdown from the electric furnaces, I think? There are a few seemingly-unrelated groupings to minimize the number of icons in the menu, and a few are very counterintuitive.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Chrome

I never thought there'd be a day where I thought I had too much advance components....

With our new income I built up several repair shelves. Anything put in these will slowly get repaired over time. I was thinking of putting some in each colonist's room and let them wear their usual stuff and swap out for EVA gear, but that is some more micromanagey poo poo.

A thing that could be done, if I didn't have such a large variety of equipment being worn by everyone and used clothing assignments, is set clothes to be taken off when they're at 50% and have a spare of each clothing item on a shelf that pawns will swap out.

I also start going hard on bionics and implants, just to use up all this steel, plasteel and components. I grab one of these for One, as she is the designated trader now. Nothing is stopping me from putting another in the other eye but eh.

I put a whole lot more recipes into the database and learned that you can only put 15 recipes on a building at a time :saddumb:

Wendy hasn't had a class and now I think its time. I made her a physical adept and then I get her to inject some super soldier serum into herself.

There might be some side effects to this. She'll be down for 2 days while the serum works. Then the serum will advance in stages that gives more buffs to the pawn that takes 100 days to max out. Now what does the super soldier class get? Its not overly complicated:

They can pick between 3 specializations: Rifle, shotgun and pistol. They can only choose 1 however. I go with rifle which has the same buff to stats using that gun as Senrath's pistol specialization has. We also get a suppressing fire ability that fires a bunch of bullets and a grenadier that fires a grenade to go with it.

They also get CQC that they'll pull off when someone tries to melee them.

Self Aid is a self heal

60mm mortar will have them set up a short range mortar that can fire over walls and shoots 3 rounds.

Pictured: Silent's shielding stats.

Pictured: Shielding stats after replacing her spine with an energy link. This spine gives a +25% to a shield's energy as well as how quickly it regens. A neat, surely unintended, side effect is that the close combat armor is also buffed. The spine also has 30 extra hit points and gives a 25% bonus to efficiency which effects movement a bit. I'll be throwing a set on each melee pawn since they all got shields.

Hitomi managed to crank out a masterwork advanced bed...

And I realized that wardrobes also give a bonus to rest, so that, the end table and dresser all combine to give 180% rest effectiveness to the bed. People are gonna be awake a lot.

Manu's partying talents are known far and wide.

A ship attacked us that was a "planetary defense station" that has 2 dogs in it for some reason. But there is no life support so the dogs died of asphyxiation :(

Who said the only way to get organs was to harvest from your prisoners? Your colonists can give some hand-me-downs!

A mechoid cluster attacked, this isn't like the archotech ship from before. Notably it doesn't have any shielding whatsoever.

You may have seen it in other screenshots, on the bottom of the station I've had a plasma spinal barrel installed. Time to give it a test run!

This gun fucks

As I'm trying to get armament down I've made a bunch of heavy SMGs and gave them to the droids. Heavy SMGs are kinda the best all arounder weapon. Decent damage, range, 3 round burst fire, good accuracy. Not a bad mass armament weapon.

Why was there a clown watching :gonk:

gently caress's sakes Randy

I need to do something about invaders rushing into the shield bubbles, its causing some real issues. Maybe I should just say gently caress it to shielding the turrets, they're supposed to be disposable anyways.

Oh god

dammit. No, I don't know how Silent didn't get hurt at all from being at ground zero of 2 exploding turrets.

Oh man I wonder what this mysterious crowd is. Clearly there is gonna be 161 friendly people just stopping on over for some fun!

Whaaa, that group of 161 people turned out to be RAIDERS?! Tribals even?! I am shocked!

I get Shorty, Hitomi and Sugar to head out and meet them. Shorty calls down meteors, Hitomi launches an orbital strike, Sugar shoots.

Whats hilarious is that some of the raiders are riding boomalopes so they go boom when they die.

I've had a few of the antigrain IEDs sent down and installed outside. Its kind of a problem that the explosion is so big that I can't really place these close to my walls without also blowing those up, but they're so far out raiders won't step on them.

So I had Shorty launch a fireclaw at it.

Jelly has one of our orbital bombardments from the satellite forever ago on her and what better time to use one?

Wait, don't you run you fuckers :argh:

What a waste.

While shopping around I notice at this point One has now achieved equilibrium while trading, we can sell things at the same price we buy them. I'm pretty sure at this point upping her trade wont do any more.

I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going

Also, mood.

This here is a blueprint of the next step up from the Albatross, the Phoenix. The reason I'm showing a blueprint is...

I ended up getting a Genesis :getin:

In the time it took to fly from Vegas to that blue snowflake looking settlement was around an hour. The clock doesn't have minutes so I'm not completely sure, but not bad. Now despite the description saying otherwise, it DOES take fuel of some sort. I saw a pawn bringing a few uranium (less then 5) to refuel it to max, but I noticed that it also has the ability to hook up to Rimfeller pipes so maybe it can take chemfuel too?

Edit: Confirmed, it cannot

Behold, more machine than wolf!

This is what Heretic looks statswise all chromed up. 11.35 speed

Here are the stats to a baseline dire wolf. An extra 22% armor all across the board, slightly more DPS, weirdly less armor penetration.

.... And there better not be a Heretic IV cause all the time it took creating and installing all this!

During a ship attack the enemy actually sent a boarding party over... and loving shot their own crew :lol:

I made a few alterations to Butthole Surfers. Several meat hooks with a wall puller attached...

Then I simply land the ship just outside of Vegas, which now has some wall belts on the outside, and turn on the pullers who will send the belts into the river to be picked up by the puller to ship them into the factor proper.

I'm all about expediency!

Speaking of Vegas, Randy has blessed us with a feast of manhunting elephants!

This zone thing is hilarious by the way, because I'll see a bullet fly and hit something and they'll instantly disappear as they get yanked by the item puller.

Wait what?

WHAT?! My first colonist death is due to a loving surgery error?!

At least I had a resurrector serum laying around. Whats funny is that Jelly got the debuff both for "witnessed an ally death" and "my friend died", but it was her god drat fault :mad: The "friend died" mood does go away when the resurrection happened, and strangely Hitomi doesn't dislike Jelly for killing her. Talk about forgiving.

And with 5 bionics we finally reach the maximum for transhumanists and I absolutely love the text for this. Someone should mod in bionic glasses.

To help with making bionics I get a database set up to learn bionic recipes and holy poo poo this is gonna take over 10 minutes to learn a single recipe!

Oh my god Shorty why

There is just something intensely satisfying seeing all these bullets fly out towards my enemies. You might be able to make out Manu, currently stealthed, slowly heading towards the mob to throw some bombs at them. It uh, didn't work out too well.

:tizzy: I loving hate this spell so much

As I clear off the bridge I see that the factory system is working flawlessly!

I get the back half of the river set up. So my colonists will be at that first bridge with all the turrets, the second bridge will only be turrets but with a switch to keep them off so they don't shoot the backs of my colonists while they're on the first bridge. As they fall back to the last bridge I will switch the turrets back online. The last bridge will then go into a funnel that I can set melee pawns on each side with everyone else firing over them to take out whoever manages to last to the end.

Now something I've learned is that you don't need to be a super soldier to use the serum, other pawns can get the serum effects. It does say that "reduces magical potency" so I don't use it on my magic pawns, including hybrid classes, just in case. It has all the same effects otherwise. At this point Wendy hit stage 2 so I can do some comparisons, the effects of the serum is (rank 1/rank2):

Pain reduction: -10%/15%
Moving: +10%/15%
Manipulation: +5%/10%
Blood Pumping: +0/10%
Sight: +10%/20%
Hearing: +10%/20%
Breathing: +0%/10%
Blood filtration: +0/10%
Hunger rate: x110%/115%
Min/Max temp: -3.6~3.6/-7.2~7.2
Melee Dodge: +0/1.1
Aim time: -0/5%

As the serum progresses pawns will get more hungry but they also get more stuff that rank 1 doesn't get.

...Why... Why the hell did you put this on Keanu's dresser?!

I saw this and had a good chuckle, hope you all do too.

I've built up some salvage bays in the station so now I can take parts of the ship without having to fly it into our space.

The parts drop in on drop pods over the salvage bays, probably should've built these closer. Eh.

Oh c'mon Randy, the drop pods man!

And of course a bunch of them decide they're gonna gently caress with the nearby animals.

:sigh:

Looks like Drakenel is gonna get a new lung. Can you imagine doing surgery on a boomalope? You gently caress up thats it, boom.

The storage room is still a loving mess so I've set up a digital storage unit in there. Don't think I've mentioned the white assembler with the gear icon, that is a part assembler. It can make components, advance components and all the various rim industry materials. I got it set up to keep me with a consistent amount of ai cores, robot arms, machine frames and so on. The overclocked assembler on the bottom isn't the same one as Vegas but the quality joe version that will make better stuff and also makes things a lot of faster. I had to go with this one rather than the other one cause the other one only has a crafting skill of 10, this one has 20 and the upper end bionics need 15.

I've also set up a zone and a puller with an i/o port to bring anything salvaged into the storage room. Though stuff that ends up on the salvage bay themselves wont be picked up since I can't place zones on them.

I then got an i/o puller to yank any weapons into this box so it can be brought down to be processed with the bodies.

Meet Kelly, a medic droid. You can print droids of other races, why didn't I do it earlier? Well it was under a misguided assumption that the xenophile trait wouldn't work for androids of the same race. Turns out it doesn't work for androids of any race :shepicide:

Kelly has the medical module installed and because I still have over 600 advance components, I also put a vanometric cell in her so she never has to worry about food or energy. Oh and she is a scholar.

The magic class expanded mod put a bunch of classes from FF14, as you can see these graphics are straight up from FF14. Scholars are basically magic versions of the medical specialist that Jelly was. Since I can throw a combat module and now have all these various bionics, I can get Kelly to not be so bad with aiming as Jelly was. Now onto the skills:

Adloquim will put a shield over an ally

Deployment Tactics will put a shield over multiple allies

Sacred Shield will put up a barrier that can cause enemy shots to miss and friendly shots to have a "mirror reflection" made which I'm really hoping means it just doubles the shot and doesn't reflect it back at you.

Luminosity is an AOE that can confuse pawns and possibly have them shoot their friends

Bio puts a poison on an enemy that gets stronger effects as the enemy moves around.

Broil causes an enemy's weapon to heat up and damage them plus makes them drop the weapon

Chain Stratgem will cause the target to take more damage

Summon Seraph summons a little faerie that follows the scholar around and attacks enemies and heals other pawns.

They also get a spell that I had to make a scroll for called Guiding Light which resurrects a pawn. But it does make a pawn lose up to 35% of their skills and have some detremiental health effects. But hey, when you got orbs and bionics to heal health effects and can buy skill trainers all day...

Speaking of skills, I've been making Senrath an uber pawn and buying up any skill trainers I find and having her inject them. With her high spread of passions its going quite quick, and once I max it out I can keep a copy of her brain and throw out all the other ones.

So... bionics. Turns out you can throw dermal plating, exoskeleton suit, exoskeleton armor and archotech skin all on one pawn. Sky, with her thrumbofur shorts and button up, has 200% defense for all stats. And note that her health is 125, I think thats a cap. 80+50 doesn't equal 125, let alone with the base amount of 60.

The question is though, do these armor stats effect her entire body or do they only effect her torso as the health point bonus is only applied to her torso?

While waiting for Sky to wake up some mechoids drop, including centipedes. As they head inside I get a few pawns to come around the back and start taking out the pikemen who were hanging outside. I get Hitomi to smack them with sabotage and get them shooting eachother, this was a complete cakewalk.

Oh hey Sky, glad you're awake. Planet is looking nice down there. Wait what?

Yes, the archotech skin lets pawns go into space! The description mentions this, it also says you need archotech lungs so they can breathe but that doesn't seem to be the case, Sky isn't getting hypoxia. She IS getting cold though, shorts aren't great when the temp is -150.

I need more.

Leal fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jul 13, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:psyduck:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I don't think I've ever gotten as far as you in this game. Mostly because I ran out of patience having to micromanage everything or mods updated and other stuff.

Also fighter classes can learn "gear mend" which when turned on passively repairs everything they're wearing, including weapons, personal shields will absorb damage from explosives, and there are other energy link bionics you can get to increase shield strength more. As for your tribal raids, I would just recommend more things that set the enemy on fire or weapons that explode things, or just equip a few people with fire wands for that?

I don't know if it's only torso bionics that increase the armor of the pawns whole body, but when you put enough armor bionics into someone your main concern will be your pawns being stunlocked to death from being hit so much.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 13, 2021

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
What kind of monster would kill Terry Jr? gently caress those raiders.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SugarAddict posted:

I don't think I've ever gotten as far as you in this game. Mostly because I ran out of patience having to micromanage everything or mods updated and other stuff.

So much of my gameplay is just waiting, in the past I've thought maybe it'd be fun to stream Rimworld as a chill kinda hang out game. But my god, if people have been watching the past 30 hours of my gameplay I'm sure I'd have a hit put on me.

bbcisdabomb posted:

What kind of monster would kill Terry Jr? gently caress those raiders.

Just saying, when I had to grow a new Terry that nutrient solution and protein mash had to come from somewhere...

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Looks like you need artillery! Lots of it!

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I'm surprised its taken me this long to get shot that bad, honestly.

Boomalopes and boomrats really are one of those 'too idiotic to survive the first generation' things. Like, I know the game says they're genetically made for a purpose at all, but something that explodes on death means they're naturally volatile. And that idea means anything of sufficient force should set it off. They trip over a rock? Boom. Not good enough? How about normal rear end predators taking a bite? Boom. They start fighting over a mate? Boom? Mate too vigorously? Boom.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Drakenel posted:

Mate too vigorously? Boom.

Aaah so thats the premature explosion I hear so much about!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Drakenel posted:

I'm surprised its taken me this long to get shot that bad, honestly.

Boomalopes and boomrats really are one of those 'too idiotic to survive the first generation' things. Like, I know the game says they're genetically made for a purpose at all, but something that explodes on death means they're naturally volatile. And that idea means anything of sufficient force should set it off. They trip over a rock? Boom. Not good enough? How about normal rear end predators taking a bite? Boom. They start fighting over a mate? Boom? Mate too vigorously? Boom.

Predators will very quickly learn not to go after boomalopes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Becoming Archotech

Passion giver eh? Let's do this.

There is a good amount of both allies and enemies here, roughly 40ish enemies. Sadly I can't hit the brakes on the Genesis and slam down in the group.

Huh, still finding new things.

Pft, Razortooth. We got something better.

And everyone comes crashing in together like a medieval battle in a movie. It causes some problems because if any of our pawns miss their shots and hit a friendly we lose relations.

We uh, may have come out losing more relations than we gained doing this.

Let's take a look at Lynneth, who has been sitting here without a class for the entire time she's been built. But that changes now, she is a Faceless. This is a fighter class with some neat gimmicks:

Deception works like Manu's version of the ability.

Mimic will allow her to copy the spell of any other class, even magic classes. It'll make spells use stamina. This can be useful in grabbing some powerful spells, but the spell taken is random.

Reversal will reflect all attacks made against the Faceless. It can also be upgraded to restore stamina and health when reflecting stuff.

Transpose loving rips: It allows the Faceless to swap spots with any other pawn. With upgrades the Faceless will no longer be disoriented using it, will get reversal applied (and it doesn't use up reversal's cool down) and wont even need to have line of sight with whoever they're swapping with.

Possess will allow a Faceless to take over another pawn for some time or to buff a friendly pawn. This can be used in exactly the way you're thinking, take over someone with a rocket launcher and fire it into their allies. But the Faceless will need to not only be close but also have line of sight to their target.

To go with her new class I set up Lynneth with 2 pistols to alternate between: A JI molten pistol that does 20 damage and has over 70% armor penetration. The other pistol is a TE kinetic pistol that does 11 damage but fire far faster and, funnily, more stopping power which makes a pawn move slower when shot. Also her EVA suit has been swapped out with a Strike Suit, all of these items are from Rimsenal.

Oh and Lynneth is a god drat speed demon :tviv:

Seriously, she is completely smoking the dire wolves, all of whom are chromed up to the max. Poor Hitomi is seriously lagging behind.

I have Lynneth transpose right in the middle of the enemy mob, if any of them shoot her she'll just deflect the shots with reversal. Whats great is that after the reversal from transpose wears off I can make her use the regular reversal ability and when that runs out her cooldown will be back for transpose again.

Good loving lord all these bodies.

Also Hitomi managed to shoot out Lynneth's eye from behind.

I of course inject Senrath with the passion giver and holy poo poo, double flame with melee. I can quickly shoot that up to 20 with skill trainers.

During a ship battle I board and oh poo poo, a guy with a rocket launcher.

Is what I would say if I couldn't just swap places with them :rolleyes:

I had a really interesting bug, when you hack a ship it'll pop up saying "ship battle won" and then you gotta click on the bridge and select capture. However this one popped me into my map with the "choose where to place the ship" action. So the ship ported over broken like this and the debris was just hanging around there. It eventually got fixed when I got into another ship battle.

Which was another derelict. Hey bug, what're you doing that bridge, bug? You don't have hands you can't use that thing. You silly bug.

Alright time to start making some progress. Whenever a psychic drone or soothe happens after building an AI core we get this notification of an archotech ship. Time to finally make an attack.

Oh god, this is like the other archotech but bigger with more turrets.

Hilariously I sent the shuttle as close as possible and it ended up breaking in through the ceiling.

I quickly push in and set up some melee pawns in front of the doors. I'd like to mention at this point everyone has archotech skin, which is how Sky, Lina and Silent is coming along.

I get Manu to throw some explosives around to destroy the lasers and take some heat off our shields.

After clearing out a bunch of mechs near the doors I rush on in and start cleaning house. Having the melee pawns keep the centipedes tied up while Lynneth used reversal to get them to shoot themselves.

I head in and hack the computer core. Thankfully this ship isn't like the last archo ship where it had antigrain IEDs all over the loving place.

Archotech's have a history of hating humans and wanting to kill them all. What can go wrong? Lynneth is like 75% archotech at this point.

I break down the persona core and build up the spore, it can do all the same stuff a persona core does. Now as mentioned above we need to keep up the core's mood. We can meditate near it... but I can't designate meditation spots since I don't own Royalty. The other way is to sacrifice people to the spore.

We get 4 final quests to get our spore to evolve.

We also get access to an uplink to unlock the final bits of research.

We can research all 4 pillars which will give a quest for each one. There is also a lot of other research, most that doesn't have an immediate effect but they'll have some really good effects later on.

God why did I allow this name. So occasionally the archotech will provide gifts and the options provided relate to what we've researched above. As I haven't got anything done yet the only options was to get some exotic particles, which are used to craft some archotech stuff.

So I headed on down planetside and took out a raider base that was talking mad poo poo for being in shuttle distance. Up here we get a special option to sacrifice them to the spore.

All hail the spore!

So because one of the prisoners didn't actually get an attack off before being downed they are considered "innocent". Pft. PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFTTTTTTT

:getin:

A full set of archotech shields that only generates 75% of the usual heat. After this I research the archotech heatsinks and replace the regular heatsinks with them.

Here is a shot of the station, every bedroom now has an excellent or better quality bamboo bed, a sapphire end table, a ruby dresser and a diamond wardrobe.

Kelly I love your enthusiasm but maybe don't gather steel during a ship attack.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Droids can do that?!

Well I mean if thats what you're in the mood for :blush:

Have I mentioned how much I loving love Lina's whirlwind ability? She just killed like 4 people instantly.

Hrm, an ancient terraforming station with thousands of years of history? Gotta be careful while going through there.

Before setting in I want to show off Lynneth's chrome. An archotech heart reduces bleeding by 50% and doubles healing rate. The lungs with increase breathing and actually does help with hypoxia. In the archotech raid the other pawns were getting hypoxia, it just happened so slowly that I hardly noticed it.

The archotech stomach not only utterly eliminates food poisoning but reduces hunger to 10%!. This is kind of a double edged sword, on one hand that greatly stretches out food supplies. On the other, food is a great way to increase pawn mood, and less eating means less mood bonuses. A 10% hunger rate would be like a single meal every 2 or 3 days.

The psychic predictor will give a bonus to aiming accuracy and melee dodge chance and an additional bonus based on psychic sensitivity. In this case she gets an additional 22 melee dodge (she is at 50% total) and +11 accuracy. The manipulator is the same, it gives a baseline 10% manipulation bonus on top of an additional bonus based on psychic sensitivity. I gave Lynneth some equipment to up her sensitivity, being a Faceless also gives a bonus, including swapping out her helmet with an arcane hood and a ring of eternal blue that not only gives a psychic bonus, but an additional psychic bonus based on her base level. If I knew where I was going with Lynneth I would've given her a psychic module.

Now with all these extra stats, movement is also effected by breathing, manipulation, blood pumping...

:lol: Lynneth moves so loving fast. Watching her just blitz across the station in a split second is something else. I wanna throw archotech legs on her.

Alright time to take on the pirates and wow, thats a cool looking station, god drat.

So some problems, first its got a bunch of archotech shields. Its also got 8 spinal guns attached to it, on top of the other guns. Then there is the fact that all around the station is covered by autocannons.

This southern spot is the only place I can land that doesn't have a gun facing it. I gotta say, those turret satellites with some solar arrays and batteries is pretty cool. I think I'll steal this plan.

I have to start rushing the middle as soon as possible, even with all my archotech shields and heatsinks the station isn't taking it well. Thankfully the AI only knows to rush you in turn so they're kindly opening the doors and dying in the way so the doors wont shut.

After seeing the AI use it effectively, I've set up an emergency purge port to help with heat management. We can put up to 1k silver and eject it all to quickly vent heat from the system. Doing so will turn off the shields and we'll need to turn them back on, its best to wait between volleys to do a purge.

I have Kelly use deployment tactics to get everyone shielded up and I can see into forever.

While more raiders rushed out I had Sky run into a door to keep it opened. Also I think the Hutch that Furious is smiling at is that corpse with a missing head next to him.

I get to the center and the AI core is surrounded by turrets. Also note that there are trees growing in the grow zones here even though you can't grow trees under roofs. I didn't take a screenshot but in the first shot showing off the entire area, all the brown areas are covered in vegetation.

I send in the melee pawns to rush down the turrets. If they can't use their bracers to deflect shots than at least their shields will keep them safe enough to get close.

Who knew that people with swords > hi tech turrets.

I can't really push anyone else in cause all the other turrets are still covering the doors and I don't think the shields will last. I get Sky to head straight to the core and start hacking.

.... oh, the turrets destroyed the core trying to shoot Sky. My game then froze for like 5 minutes.

:doh:

Welp, we just killed off a hydroponic habitat that was functioning for thousands of years.

Spore: *sighs and draw blueprint*

I'm glad they accounted for this possibility.

Though when I set the salvage bays up I can get a hell of a lot of exotic particles :getin:

First pillar complete! Note that we can make multiple spores, but all this does is have separate ones with their own psychic energy, they don't gift more often. Also there is no point in having multiple pillars.

I researched up the beta pillar, to get to this one we'll need to load up a shuttle then select "go to moon".

Oh and remember how I upped Lynneth's psychic sensitivity? Yeeah.... she doesn't handle drones too well.

Meet the auto eject crypto casket. We'll need one for each pawn anyways, so I got one in her room and shove Lynneth in until the drone is over.

I decided to just go ahead and research all the pillars and get it over with.

There is a unique icon for this one, but this screenshot was more so I can refer to it when I wanted to find it :v: Annoyingly these don't show up with the quest log, it requires manually finding.

Underground eh?

I dunno if Brio Scrubland will be an awful or amazing name for a D&D character.

Using the ship's observe function I can open the map without embarking on it yet and wow, it actually is underground. The entire area is labelled as overhead mountain. I imagine getting infestations here will suck.

Hello, what're these?

Bugs that can generate shields? Neat.

So, since the map is on the planet and its technically a map... even if it is underground... I mean, there is no way right?

Lol. My brain is imagining the ship just diving straight through the ground and I loving love it.

Everyone steps out and pops the archospiders...

Hitomi just snags the pillar, no big deal.

Don't think I mentioned it but Hitomi has an earside laser sensor which is causing that red light. It gives a bonus to accuracy.

I set the pillar int he ship and even bring an archospider corpse back.

Oh my loving god Kelly's medical stat is broken.

Now that I got some research done we get more options from the archotech when they offer gifts. I grab the one with the lung.

Now the totem one says that allied tribes will join us, so I go ahead and befriend one of the nearby hostile tribes. Whats funny is that hostile factions will get far better bonuses to getting gifts from you, like what I would get +20 from a friendly faction will be +110 to hostile ones. I could probably just shuttle poo poo to all the nearby hostile factions that aren't permanent hostiles to reduce our raids. But who will deliver us our nutrient solution and protein mash?

We now got an archospider. Maybe my next Rimworld LP will be a druid run where I install a bunch of animal mods and go around collecting them all. It'll be like pokemon but warcrimes.

More gifts and holy poo poo, 80 luciferium? But I am interested in that paste, this is what we get available to us after researching Animal Redesign.

That actually popped up mid travel though so we'll put a pin on that. I am jealous of people who can do curves in this game. I bet if I knew how to make curves the station wouldn't look like hot garbage.

The ugly truth of too much chrome :unsmigghh:

The tribals inside come out in a teeny little dribble. C'mon you call this defending your idol?

I get Jelly and Delilah riding around on our wolf buddies doing sick wolf bys.

Sugar and Senrath join the fun and ride around firing at whoever they see.

I use shift clicking to set them to do an entire lap around the edge of the base and shoot whoever they see.

Honestly this is the most entertaining thing.

Of course, it may not be the best thing to be right next to someone with a high powered rifle :haw:

The tribes ran on off an- wait a minute. Where the hell were our allies?! I allied with one just so I can get them to tag along :argh:

Speaking of, I noticed that the hive one had a warning about "something more sinister" in the underground but I didn't see anything besides those spiders :shrug:

Alright now that I'm back in space we just select a pawn and right click the pod. The hell is an archojerboa? Like a boa snake?

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Oh god they explode on death

Next up an archolope calf. I dig this, looks weird and alien.

So when it grows up we can milk it for exotic particles and when they explode they apparently explode big.

Next an archomutt and oh my god that is the ugliest loving thing ever god drat.

It belongs on this ship

D'aaaaw look at this fawken ugly thing :3:

The cat also has a nuzzle rate of 2 hours, when nuzzled a pawn will get a mood boost. Regular cats have one of 12 hours. Some animals have something silly like weeks between nuzzling.

So we can now get a bunch of animals that will never require food and can generate shields during combat. Neat I guess.

And yeah, the cats now give a passive boost when around colonists. Good thing this isn't a colony of catgirls, cause catgirls owning cats would be weird *hides Terry the 3rd*

Oh but thats not all, plant redesign lets us grow new plants. The top one is vanoroot, its a vegetable that takes 4 days to grow and doesn't need sunlight to grow. The bottom is... meatbush...

:stonklol:

Other plants include:

We can directly grow Ambrosia
Pharmatrees which makes neutroamine
Fireflower which produces light and heats up a room and explodes if set on fire
Hypnoblooms which takes a day and a half to grow and is very beautiful to look at
Slaughtermelon which is a melon that is full of chemfuel.

Alright, time to go to the moon.

As said we'll need to also fight a station. Disregard the copious amounts of drop pods and the caskets, there is no crew on this ship.

.... So I dunno why I didn't bother boarding the ship.

Upon landing oh come the gently caress on right in front of an auto cannon and uranium slug turret?

I get the clonetwins to rush up to the turrets and start taking them apart.

I zoom out and holy loving poo poo what is this. The vast majority of those circular buildings have a set of turrets around them, the middle one not only has turrets all over it but also those 90 degree walls around it also have more turrets.

Oh and all those red dots are a fuckload of mechs god drat.

I'm using Lina to yank mechs into melee while Lynneth transposes them close for melee.

But uh, things really quickly start going south, I get Hitomi and Wendy to fly back to base

... Which isn't doing so hot, all the loving shields are broken. When I swapped out the heatsinks I deconstructed the purge port I had in that room. I did build 4 more around the outside of the station but I didn't set them to have a fuel amount so they just sat there empty.

But the guns managed to hit the AI core and blew up the ship, whew.

Lynneth, Silent and Lina are running around trying to get distance from the mechanoid hoard as I discovered a bug with SOS2: Pawns that are not wearing EVA gear cannot use a shuttle when leaving space zones. I can go from planet to station without EVA gear just fine, I can go from station to a space tile just fine. But if I want to go back the pawns will bug out and not move. This actually happened during the first pillar and I ended up having to cheat to build a "ship" around the pawns and use it to fly back into my space.

So I sent a shuttle in with some gear and tried to get Silent in but didn't finish her putting on her suit and then mechs got close. Lynneth was close to death so I sent her back alone.

Gotta say, Silent and Lina duo-ing the mech hoard was pretty cool and intensive, using Lina to grapple mechs close to her and stance dancing with Lina to keep her buffs up.

When things calmed down I decided to take an overview look and... jesus loving christ dude did you put enough god drat turrets on the map? Every loving turret has 3 other turrets looking right at it so if I try to go after them I'll just get shot from 3 other directions. And these are just the uranium slug turrets, nevermind the auto cannons. And those things can loving one shot ya! Not only that but they have exactly 1 range more than any long range gun so I can't just sit at max distance and fire. And with the overlapping coverage thing I can't get close and take them out that way.

I decided on an idea, there was some damaged satellites around...

Behold, I bend nature to my very will!

So fun fact: Tornados used to be a random event! Yep, this loving thing could come crashing down at any time. Tynan actually went back and removed it cause he realized it was kinda bullshit that this was something you could do nothing about.

No god dammit why are you fly away from everything :mad:

Ahahaha holy poo poo this orbital beam transmitter loving owns. I kinda get a safe nook to work my way towards the center. The problem is that these transmitters are rare and my pawns will basically need to get in turret range to be able to target the nearby area.

.... And then more mechs started pouring out. I need a minute.