Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Diet Poison posted:

I don't think I've ever had more than like six tabs open so I too saw the new symbol as extra bullshit I would not use and could not get rid of, which was mildly irritating at best.
And then Chrome decided to stop working entirely. Wouldn't load a single page, all extensions all crash on startup. So I uninstalled it. And then I opened Edge to reinstall Chrome and noticed that somehow it had all my bookmarks, saved passwords, and ublock origin already so now I'm just using Edge. And I think... it might be perfectly fine. What a time to be alive.

you can download edge extensions through the google chrome extension store too :-oooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I usually have like 3-7 tabs open I think. Give or take.
The people that have dozens or more just freak me out.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I hate chrome but have no idea why. Explain to me why I hate it, OP.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

I usually have like 3-7 tabs open I think. Give or take.
The people that have dozens or more just freak me out.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Tabbed browsing was a mistake, or a deliberate plot to fry our brains. People blame social media for making people crazy but really it's the goddamn tabs.

One page at a time, people. Preferably in IE6.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i pretty much use one page at a time but my PC has about 8000x4000 worth of desktop resolution to play with

it is, indeed, much easier than having 30 tabs open, although i do run tab heavy its mainly because i will never run out of RAM so closing them happens less than it could

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

As someone who does a bunch of web-oriented computer touching, I’ve been so permanently scarred by IE that it took a long time to accept that Edge is not actually the same level of raging trash fire.

I don’t really understand why people have twelve million tabs open all the time, but if that’s what works for you, have fun. I usually have a few long-running tabs open for some arcane game bullshit and it’s incredibly satisfying to close one after months.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

ghostwritingduck posted:

I hate chrome but have no idea why. Explain to me why I hate it, OP.

It isn't what it once was, but their small subtle bad changes are not enough for you to change. It doesn't help that the alternatives probably all have their own problems and aren't all that much better. At least that's my dislike. Maybe you just hate the Chrome icon? Why you hate it I do not know.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 5, 2021

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I'm never giving up on the browser I know. You can give me a hundred reasons why firefox is trash and I won't care. I have a thousand bookmarks that I use 10 of, and all of my extensions for anything and everything, and I'm brand broke brained, and I hate change.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Oh Don Piano posted:

My Grievances With The Browser

my pary are with the browser who lost his chrilden

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Doctor Dogballs posted:

my pary are with the browser who lost his chrilden

:pressf: :hchatter:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Flubby posted:

I'm never giving up on the browser I know. You can give me a hundred reasons why firefox is trash and I won't care. I have a thousand bookmarks that I use 10 of, and all of my extensions for anything and everything, and I'm brand broke brained, and I hate change.

Yep this sounds about right. I'm trying Vivaldi again maybe it'll stick.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Meh, I think my living room is 88 at the moment. Call me when it gets warm.

Sat 05 | Day
106°

Sun 06
104°/73°

Mon 07
101°/73°

Tue 08
98°/74°

Wed 09
100°/74°

Thu 10
101°/72°

Fri 11
104°/75°

Sat 12
106°/77°

Sun 13
107°/78°

Mon 14
108°/78°

Tue 15
106°/79°

Wed 16
107°/81°

Thu 17
107°/82°

Fri 18
108°/82°

Sat 19
108°/83°

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Ninurta posted:

Sat 05 | Day
106°

Sun 06
104°/73°

Mon 07
101°/73°

Tue 08
98°/74°

Wed 09
100°/74°

Thu 10
101°/72°

Fri 11
104°/75°

Sat 12
106°/77°

Sun 13
107°/78°

Mon 14
108°/78°

Tue 15
106°/79°

Wed 16
107°/81°

Thu 17
107°/82°

Fri 18
108°/82°

Sat 19
108°/83°

quoting this megafail, but i appreciate the weather report

Dads Dip Cup
Aug 13, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I bet it was Chrome's fault. Stupid piece of poo poo browser. Never installing that on my eMachines ever again

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

chrome does not play nice with this custom cursor that i love after years of not being able to get rid of it and getting it by accident but yes its so cute i just lovve it

do you think i should pay the $199.99 to uninstall it

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I went over to the computer with chrome on it and opened it and clicked the button

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Ninurta posted:

Sat 05 | Day
106°

Sun 06
104°/73°

Mon 07
101°/73°

Tue 08
98°/74°

Wed 09
100°/74°

Thu 10
101°/72°

Fri 11
104°/75°

Sat 12
106°/77°

Sun 13
107°/78°

Mon 14
108°/78°

Tue 15
106°/79°

Wed 16
107°/81°

Thu 17
107°/82°

Fri 18
108°/82°

Sat 19
108°/83°

Another victim of overtabbing

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I use Chrome but only because my only pc is my work laptop and most of our apps only work properly in Chrome. Which is funny because most of them are Microsoft products lol.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Ninurta posted:

Meh, I think my living room is 88 at the moment.

only suckers would hate that

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Duck and Cover posted:

Yep this sounds about right. I'm trying Vivaldi again maybe it'll stick.

I tried Vivaldi, but they won't sign agreements with widevine or any of the other streaming drm providers, so you can't stream anything with it. If I have to install 2 browsers, why bother switching?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

SilentW posted:

I tried Vivaldi, but they won't sign agreements with widevine or any of the other streaming drm providers, so you can't stream anything with it. If I have to install 2 browsers, why bother switching?

Not that I'd ever suggest copying that floppy but did you know usenet still exists? I checked Netflix, which does appear to be working.

Dads Dip Cup
Aug 13, 2009

Grimey Drawer

sharknado slashfic posted:

I went over to the computer with chrome on it and opened it and clicked the button

this is literally terrorism

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mooey Cow posted:

Can someone explain why they keep ruining Firefox when it was fine circa 2004? You're not even allowed to use any but a few preselected extensions on Firefox mobile anymore. Today I got a random update on PC that made the tabs look like unreadable rear end. :thanks:

Because they lost all their users and now they think that if they just do one more UI revamp that changes everything everyone will come back.

SilentW posted:

I tried Vivaldi, but they won't sign agreements with widevine or any of the other streaming drm providers

This was due to Google being dicks, but they've stopped that particular dick move and now Vivaldi has widevine (or it does on windows, it might still be a pain on linux).

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

GABA ghoul posted:

Close your goddamn tabs you tab hoarders. One tab should be enough for everything. You finish your business on the one site, close the tab and only then move on to the next site

How do you expect me to remember to check something again at a later date?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

How do you expect me to remember to check something again at a later date?

If you were multithreaded it wouldn't be a problem now would it?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Duck and Cover posted:

It isn't what it once was, but their small subtle bad changes are not enough for you to change. It doesn't help that the alternatives probably all have their own problems and aren't all that much better. At least that's my dislike. Maybe you just hate the Chrome icon? Why you hate it I do not know.

I think you just described all the big tech companies MO since the turn of the century

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
been using Edge lately

its fine. suck my balls.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Sometimes I have entire browser sessions where I don't use tabs at all and just open a new window for each thing.

Still only like 3-7 at most, but I feel so spicy.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

I think you just described all the big tech companies MO since the turn of the century

Not just big tech. You see it a lot when a company buys a brand and makes the product shittier and shitter but not so quickly as to be obvious. Anyway capitalism sucks.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Chromium on my tablet now interprets left and right swipes as back and forward button presses, and it got rid of the horizontal scrollbar so I can't see the right half of the forum index any more. You can't turn this off. gently caress you, chrome.

Firefox's redesigns are mildly annoying but with ublock origin it's still easily the best browser. I can't see any reason not to use it unless you're on a low RAM device, or just don't give a poo poo and click whatever the blue "e" is.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nurglings posted:

Why did they remove the "Reopen closed tab" menu option? That's when I knew stuff was going down hill with Chrome

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

High school students all have chromebooks and they all keep 100 tabs open all the time

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

veni veni veni posted:

What am I even looking at in the op?

the clitoris

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Maybe not on your special snowflake mac poo poo.

You know things are hosed when you have to d/l an extension to replace what used to be a built-in feature.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

SilentW posted:

Something other than this?
https://help.vivaldi.com/desktop/media/widevinecdm-eme-drm-netflix-amazon-spotify/

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

More like Google Chromegashit

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Opera GX is actually a fine browser with very stupid ad campaign.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

90s Solo Cup posted:

Maybe not on your special snowflake mac poo poo.

You know things are hosed when you have to d/l an extension to replace what used to be a built-in feature.

You have to right-click in the empty space just to the right of the tab for the option.

How is Google a real company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I love 6 inches of menu bar I can't get enough bars I need them