Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

It's awesome, check it out. In this example, my mouse is hovered over the bottom left twitter pic

This is great! I just installed it and tested it in the trump thread.
As a little bonus it fucks up GIF frame timing so hovering on this:
gives this

:lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
I downloaded Firefox and tried to use it on my PC but it absolutely refuses to auto-fill my name or address any time I buy anything even though I have it set in settings and all my autofill data is there.

gently caress you, Firefox.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Blooster posted:

I downloaded Firefox and tried to use it on my PC but it absolutely refuses to auto-fill my name or address any time I buy anything even though I have it set in settings and all my autofill data is there.

gently caress you, Firefox.

i read the above in rik's voice (rip)

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

firefox users: if you go to google maps and switch it to satellite view, then try to drag the street view guy onto a road, is there a delay of like 30 seconds before it switches over to street view? this has happened to me after the most recent update and it's driving me nuts. tried safe mode, clearing cookies/cache etc. and it still happens. starting to think google is loving with me for not using chrome :tinfoil:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Chrome mobile finally overrode my workaround to get rid of that lovely tab group BS.

I am furious tbqh

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

d0s posted:

firefox users: if you go to google maps and switch it to satellite view, then try to drag the street view guy onto a road, is there a delay of like 30 seconds before it switches over to street view? this has happened to me after the most recent update and it's driving me nuts. tried safe mode, clearing cookies/cache etc. and it still happens. starting to think google is loving with me for not using chrome :tinfoil:

lol yup same

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

d0s posted:

No, it's almost instantaneous for me, and I'm using Firefox 89.0.2, with uBlock Origin, Containers, and a handful of other add-ons and extensions.

Maybe one of your add-ons is slowing you down?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Arc Light posted:

No, it's almost instantaneous for me, and I'm using Firefox 89.0.2, with uBlock Origin, Containers, and a handful of other add-ons and extensions.

Maybe one of your add-ons is slowing you down?

nah I already tried safe mode, which disables all addons. are you on windows?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Yeah, Win10 64 bit.

My last big problem with Firefox was about a year ago, following an update. It was giving me weird random dead time. Every couple of minutes, it would just hang. I could scroll, but it wouldn't accept any keystroke or click inputs for about ten seconds.

I never really found a fix action, but it resolved with a clean reinstall of Firefox, and the newer updates don't cause problems, beyond the usual garbage UI changes. Seems to be really hit or miss whether Firefox actually works with any given hardware/OS setup.

All the same, I'll take almost any Firefox issues before I ever go back to Chrome. Google gets enough of my data as is, and hell if I'll ever use a browser that doesn't support scrolling tabs.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
A couple months ago Chrome stopped working for me completely and I had to switch to Edge, but I forgave him

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
lol imagine that dude fisting your rear end in a top hat with those big chrome arms, just lmao

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Did anyone ever explicitly explain what the button the OP was angry about is? I haven't seen Chrome in two years.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

gleebster posted:

Did anyone ever explicitly explain what the button the OP was angry about is? I haven't seen Chrome in two years.

It was the button that plays a FLAC quality rip of the song Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus because it was eating up all his data.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Ah, well that would upset anyone.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

A couple months ago Chrome stopped working for me completely and I had to switch to Edge, but I forgave him

I had to know the plot of this book and here’s a review from goodreads

quote:

Half of this book is a very sweet and very erotic love story between two men that delighted me. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned yet that a little more than halfway through, this book becomes the most misogynistic, fascist piece of science fiction I've ever read.

I have no real problems with the book's first half, which deftly uses the metaphor of the forbidden relations between a human and an android to leave its characters free of guilt about the eroticism of male bodies. At its best, it dwells more on the effortless joy and beauty of two people coming to desire each other, and it does it well, with a mild science fiction background and some slight romance-novel cheesiness. Nader's writing is fairly fanciful in tone, perhaps a touch overwrought at times, but this is a book about strong emotions and powerful men, so it seems fair. It's truly erotic at times, often lighthearted but never vapid, and has a delightful touch of the surreal to it- you feel that the Cabin and Chrome and Vortex's relationship is so dreamlike, it's bound to end.
And end it does, in the worst possible way. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned yet that a little more than halfway through, this book becomes the most misogynistic, fascist piece of science fiction I've ever read short of Spinrad's masterful satire "The Iron Dream", and this book isn't satirical. My enjoyment of this book turned to disgust within the space of a single page when the curtain was pulled up on the love story of Chrome and Vortex, and Nader gave vent to a bit of exposition worthy of a Tom Metzger: The tyrannical society that rules the Earth came about through government-enforced equality. In particular, women's equality, and this led to the lowering of standards and improper uncontrolled breeding, creating a "Garbage World" of degenerates. Rond H'Lokk talks about how S.O.R.A.'s encouragement of women to struggle for the place of men leads only the "lower brain levels" to mate. "First came the S.O.R.A.'s lowering of all standards, its insistence that all were equal in everything. Next, it's vast propaganda campaign urging indiscriminate mating..."
The S.O.R.A. is, of course, a technocratic bureaucracy seemingly staffed mostly by spiritually-hideous females bent on destroying the bond between pure, noble, chiseled, bronzed men. All that's lacking is an explicit shot at miscegenation, but even that is implied by Jamison's talk of "indiscriminate mating".
Lucky for the suffering citizens of planet ZOG, the "avenging angels" are here to stand between them and all-powerful future-commies. The Warriors are like a Nazi brotherhood of truth-speaking swordwielding beefcakes, their society seems to be sort of like an Evolan "neo-traditionalist" brotherhood or a Germanic sworn warrior guard. This sort of misogynistic "warrior brothers" ethos is something that echoes through the fascist worldview as well as the underworld of the old-school gay imagination: finally, a world without women, where petty female minds can be swept aside so that men can get to the business of GLORY.
With his conservative-paranoid setting architecture fully in view, I found the rest of Nader's book really quite impossible to enjoy. Perhaps it's just me, since I have strong political opposition to it, but I found the rest of the book to be flat, dull, and totally tiresome.

Really disappointing. The book gets two stars only for its beautiful first half.

I did not expect that lol

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

wasn't there a space movie from 1992 with that plot

d0s fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 11, 2021

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

^^beautiful

Enfys fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jul 11, 2021

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
*blank stare*

Reb Rowser?

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
For people ditching Chrome, reminder that there exists Ungoogled Chromium:

https://ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Hi could you all please stay on topic this thread is about the book Chrome not the browser, thanks!

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 12, 2021

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
More like George Nadir!

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Currently growing out a Chromo stache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Currently growing out a Chromo stache

Progress pictures? No? I don't believe you! I will not tolerate lies!