Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Bucks vs Death Duo 48 59.26%
Cage and Boy vs Private Party 12 14.81%
Velvet vs Bunny 8 9.88%
Mr. Freakbeast vs The Natural in a Bullrope Match 13 16.05%
Total: 81 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

rantmo posted:

Going to see Stat at AAW?

Oh yes.

(also i've missed mancer's opening so bad...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I've never made it to one of their shows but once they're back at Logan Square I'm going to have to check them out.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Rarity posted:

Uno's body shape and doofy middle manager persona make it easy to forget he's pretty darn good at this wrestling thing. He'll be fine :)

AEW is really good at establishing the midcard veterans as crafty wrestlers who've seen it all and have to be beaten with an abundance of wit or skill. Uno has definitely been a beneficiary of that.

CobiWann posted:

I can't wait to see how live audiences react to her.

The pre-DoN fanfest audience popped for her, but yeah once there are kids to scare she's made.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

rantmo posted:

I've never made it to one of their shows but once they're back at Logan Square I'm going to have to check them out.

They're doing a Logan Square show Thursday of All Out weekend, tickets just went on sale last week.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rantmo posted:

Yup and good in a way that puts him just a touch above even a lot of other wrestlers. Think of how many wrestlers do standard backbreakers but let their opponent sort of slide off or don't really post and set on their leg like Stu does. I'm not even trying to shade or shame them, Stu is genuinely something special.
King of Trios 2009 is my favorite tournament of all time and Stu and Ibushi have an awesome match on Night 3 for the King of the Flippies trophy. This is back when Stu was doing Rey Fenix spots and making them look easy

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/1403367535383285767

Tommy..

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

I've said it before, MJF vs. Eddie would be an incredible feud, especially if the match happens in a New York venue.

oh jeez lol

rantmo posted:

It's really straightforward and also requires incredible precision: as long as his knee and ankle are aligned basically perfectly, so he's forming a essentially a 90 degree angle with his knee, the impact is transferred right into the ground through the tibia, which is incredibly strong. As long as his ankle and knee are stacked, it's incredibly safe.

I don't know how much leeway a move like that has but if his alignment is ever too far off and/or his opponent is just a little heavier than the angle supports bad poo poo is going to happen to his joints. It helps that he's been doing martial arts for most of his life so his proprioception is strong enough to give him that sense of his structure and that confidence in his skill because the failure state is horrifying.

very interesting thank you

rantmo posted:

because the failure state is horrifying.

seriously

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Pinwiz11 posted:

They're doing a Logan Square show Thursday of All Out weekend, tickets just went on sale last week.

Oh poo poo, good to know. Now AEW just needs to tell us when All Out tickets go on sale (so I have enough time to figure out how I'm going to get out to loving Hoffman.)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Hoping we get a bit of an "all out weekend" going on with Chicago area indies. A Black Label Pro show in Crown Point would be good too.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Apparently Colt Cabana was at a show here yesterday and I had no idea about it. gently caress.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Lamuella posted:

Hoping we get a bit of an "all out weekend" going on with Chicago area indies. A Black Label Pro show in Crown Point would be good too.

It's not in Crown Point, but there's already a lot of shows scheduled for that weekend:

Th: AAW at Logans Square Auditorium
https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1401899948766027777

Fri-Sat: GCW/Freelance/BLP in the NW Burbs:
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1399183672075489281

And then All Out.

AAW had two shows tentatively scheduled for Fri-Sat of that weekend (for the Jim Lyman Memorial Tournament?) but that looks like it's been moved to October. I'll know more tonight.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Looks good. Makes me wish I could justify a trip to the US.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

They did Scorpio dirty with this shirt

https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1403435472576303111

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s a terrible shirt

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That’s some early 00s webcomic quality art

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jesus, after the great work they did on the video, this looks like rear end.

Make it a fake magazine cover. Simple and classic.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Looking a bit more at Ethan's PWTees store, he has a lot of pretty bad art/drawings so maybe his artist made him look better on purpose

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

a cyborg mug posted:

That’s some early 00s webcomic quality art

it's perfect for them

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Scorpio Sky with Adam Cole sized arms in that shirt

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Holy poo poo... Mark says he is going to establish a NEW LEGACY in AEW.

BEST OF SUPER BIG BOYS CUP 2021 CONFIRMED

https://youtu.be/vbE6udB9Uw0

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that shirt encapsulates exactly how I feel about EgoSky.

Where's my fuckin money Ethan. Don't make me show up in Jacksonville.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Holy poo poo... Mark says he is going to establish a NEW LEGACY in AEW.

BEST OF SUPER BIG BOYS CUP 2021 CONFIRMED

https://youtu.be/vbE6udB9Uw0

gently caress HE'S GONNA MAKE CHOCOLATE DROP CANON

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I almost feel like this should have been the first one they did, because it feels weird going from the weirdos and malcontents of AEW making Lexy Nair uncomfortable to the interview being played perfectly straight.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

karmicknight posted:

I almost feel like this should have been the first one they did, because it feels weird going from the weirdos and malcontents of AEW making Lexy Nair uncomfortable to the interview being played perfectly straight.

Last week's with Lance Archer was pretty straight too. I think they just ran out of funny wrestlers quicker than they thought.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I dunno, it seems to me like each performer probably gets to respond however they want, so Max Caster gets to be a total weirdo, Abadon gets to be terrifying, and Stu and Uno, Archer, and Aubrey can just decide to basically be themselves. It doesn't really strike me as something AEW would dictate much, if at all.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

What if Mark Henry is Hunter's friend Mark who has stopped watching?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lamuella posted:

What if Mark Henry is Hunter's friend Mark who has stopped watching?

He has access to more Nielsen boxes than my wife!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lexy Nair has not run out of weirdos when she's not even touched Joey Janela, Ryan Nemeth, Marko Stunt or any of the Best Friends

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

Lexy Nair has not run out of weirdos when she's not even touched Joey Janela, Ryan Nemeth, Marko Stunt or any of the Best Friends

Do not touch Joey, no matter who you are. You don't know where he's been.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

Conversely, Joey Janela will tell you exactly where he has been.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I hope the Hollywood Hunk interview would just him doing his wonderful impression work.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

He frequently tells us where he's been. That's the problem.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Majinfoose posted:

I hope the Hollywood Hunk interview would just him doing his wonderful impression work.

A series of long slow fades where he details every lovely acting job he thinks was a starring role.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Jugs and
Jugs and
Jugs and
Jugs and
Jugs and
Jugs and
Jugs and
Jugs of milk

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm already sick of hearing about how good he thinks he is

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tommy, honey, baby, your ideas are too good! I'd love to use them but those squares back in Connecticut, they just don't get you. You're too good for em Tommy.

Now get the gently caress back into the closet.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Still excited to see him kick a jobbers head into the front row.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/eviluno/status/1403480680550612993?s=21

It should not feel this novel that treating something like a big deal makes it feel like a big deal, but here we are.

Very serendipitous that the Bulgarian flag colors mean you can make Miro look like the Incredible Hulk.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

She's going to scare the absolute poo poo out of kids in the front row. It's gonna be great.

Hey, Fuego is 25, he's not a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Hey, Fuego is 25, he's not a kid.

In fact, Fuego fucks. He got already 3 kids.