Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Great show, Miyu/Yuka was my MOTN but outside of the Okatani/Kitamiya squash there wasn't any complete duds.

The friend I was watching this with has now seen two Miyu matches (the first being vs Maki on Jan 4th) and she is in agreement that Miyu is the absolute coolest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I loved awkward Miyu at the end, that makes her even more likable.

I wanna say how good it is that Mutoh lost because he performed the moonsault, which did him more harm than good, as he visibly winced in pain after, was a little slow for the cover, and the lingering pain prevented him from countering the rest of Marufuji's offense. First he steals the Emerald Flowsion and uses it on Misawa's student, then this. Man's got hubris.

(I think Marufuji will drop the belt to the next challenger though, but let's see)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mutoh also promised never to do the moonsault again, so he lost because he broke his promise and lied to the fans. Its beautiful.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

Stall_19 posted:

Yes! The reign of terror is over!

I was sacred that they will wait till Shiozaki comes back. In process murdering every one. Thank good we have Marufuji さん.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

Lamuella posted:

If Mutoh needed a gold watch reign, he's had it now. So let's see the scrappy young 41 year old upstart run with it.

NOSAWA after reading your comment:
-God drat it, I knew Mutoh should've retained. I'm really hosed this one up.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
I liked main event. Definitely best match of Keijis reign (let's be real, was pretty low). They told great story Mutoh pulled everything and even broke promise still that wasn't enough. Mutoh probably took most bumps in this match, than in any other match in 2021.
Also that fakeout on Mutoh in end, played with my emotions, good stuff. Though match itself wasn't really good, I liked Jun Akiyama vs. HARASHIMA more.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pylons posted:

Somehow messing up a spot and just retrying it actually works for Yuka's character.

I'm catching up on the closing stretch of the show now since I wasn't able to make it all night and this was something I really appreciated tbh. She messed up, everyone knew it was a mess-up, and instead of just going along with it to a 2.x kickout she just went nah, that is obviously not going to do it, and then hit it clean.

Goddamn the end of that match though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

did anyone gif Miyu Yamashita's entrance?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I need to go back for some of the middle of the card, but caught the mains today. I liked Miyu/Yuka best because they're the wrestlers I have the most investment in, but even as a a sporadic-DDT and non-Noah watcher there's a certain magic to watching some of the legends of the sport do the poo poo that they invented and then everyone else copied. I certainly will have to keep an eye on Noah to catch the next show with a Junior title defense, those guys ruled.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

coconono posted:

did anyone gif Miyu Yamashita's entrance?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn she is so loving cool.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamn she is so loving cool.

Coolest wrestler on the planet.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

thank you!

Miyu please come smoke out with me, we'll watch animal planet

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rest in pissari, HARASHIMA

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I do wonder how people who find AEW's two pages and two Cages cope with a show that featured:

Yuji Hino
Yuki Iino
Yuki Arai
Yuki Aino
Yukio Naya
Yuki Ueno

Plus two Okadas, two Endos, two Nakajimas, and a match with Harada on one side and Hayata on the other.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

I really dug the fakeout on Mutoh looking like he was setting to kick out at 1 or an early 2.... then just his legs crumpling back down.

Yeah, that was great. I'm slightly saddened to have seen the end of Mutoh on top, but also, boy did the final ever reign of Mutoh not need to last forever.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lamuella posted:

I do wonder how people who find AEW's two pages and two Cages cope with a show that featured:

Yuji Hino
Yuki Iino
Yuki Arai
Yuki Aino
Yukio Naya
Yuki Ueno

Plus two Okadas, two Endos, two Nakajimas, and a match with Harada on one side and Hayata on the other.

You forgot a Yukio Sakaguchi too!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

You forgot a Yukio Sakaguchi too!

And Yuka Sakazaki.

Plus to confuse New Japan fans, Takagi, Kojima, and Ishii were all on the card

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lamuella posted:

And Yuka Sakazaki.

Plus to confuse New Japan fans, Takagi, Kojima, and Ishii were all on the card

And two Okadas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I always enjoyed that for many years, Yujiro Takahashi wasn't the best Yujiro or the best Takahashi in New Japan.