Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lets look at this guys social media numbers... yeppp. pay him 400k asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I know some anarchists who really like this Bob Evans guy

hmmm

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

some plague rats posted:

It is a safe haven where all posting crimes are forgiven and everyone is welcome to join in, as we go... Behind the Bastards.

war crimes are also forgiven 😊

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

I know some anarchists who really like this Bob Evans guy

hmmm

I'm lazy and depressed and a bad cook so being able to just season some potatoes or something and throw them in the oven makes it a lot easier to get dinner done.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm lazy and depressed and a bad cook so being able to just season some potatoes or something and throw them in the oven makes it a lot easier to get dinner done.

an old roommate used to buy cartons of bob evans egg whites and i always stole some for gin fizzes when he disappeared on the weekends

pretty sure he wasn't an anarchist though

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Here are some glowing endorsements for the podcast.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

another skull for the mantle of noted goon robert evans

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Robert Evans, former inactive goon and conflict journalist, did a really good, really depressing podcast series on exactly this sort of topic called It Could Happen Here. I recommend that anyone who thinks they can handle it listen.

(prester jane, you doing so would either be a very good idea or an EXTREMELY EXTREMELY BAD idea)

Tldr: it would suck for everyone because even doomed insurgencies can really ruin infrastructure and cities and lives. Modern civil wars don't particularly resemble the mid 1800s one.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

he was planning on doing his "what can we do to prevent or mitigate this sort of thing" episode as the finale to end on a positive note, but he wound up doing it as episode four or so out of nine or whatever because tons of his audience were experiencing an uptick in anxiety and/or depression

probably EVERYBODY should listen to that one

Herstory Begins Now posted:

that doesn't even include the part where robert evans is a goon

Herstory Begins Now posted:

afaik that was an account for talking specifically about his podcast, he's said previously that he has been around for a while but doesn't want to be connected to old poo poo he posted

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
he should be ki**ed

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
please don't kiss Robert Evans

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

what if its the kiss of death?

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
Good question, I'm on hold with Langley for clarification.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

kirked, as in charlie kirk, meaning his face should be surgically shrunk

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

Evans works with Bellingcat which has gotten NED funding

And if anyone wants to know more about the NED, friend of Bellingcat, the Radio War Nerd podcast, did a two part series on the NED and what it's been up to.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
5 Bizarre Realities of Life at the Edge of Gaza

'Peace in the Middle East' is such an impossible concept that it's basically a punchline. That's because it happens far away, to people who don't look like us. But what the hell is it like to actually live in that perpetual violence machine, day after day? We spoke to an anonymous source we'll call Plucky, because it's an adorable name, and this article is going to need all the levity it can get. Plucky lives in a heavily armed settlement that the United Nations considers illegal. Here's what we learned about life on the knife's-edge of one of the longest-running conflicts in modern history:

https://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1670-5-bizarre-realities-life-at-edge-gaza.html

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

exmarx posted:

'Peace in the Middle East' is such an impossible concept that it's basically a punchline. That's because it happens far away, to people who don't look like us. But what the hell is it like to actually live in that perpetual violence machine, day after day? We spoke to an anonymous source we'll call Plucky, because it's an adorable name, and this article is going to need all the levity it can get. Plucky lives in a heavily armed settlement that the United Nations considers illegal. Here's what we learned about life on the knife's-edge of one of the longest-running conflicts in modern history:

https://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1670-5-bizarre-realities-life-at-edge-gaza.html

this is some evil poo poo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Here are some glowing endorsements for the podcast.

how much you guys want to bet he has like 20 posts in my perma ban thread. lol he's probably the one with the phone alert to bring it up when I had about 6 hours left on my ban+30

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

100% GJB is the pathetic piece of poo poo who posted the mod forum thread. I feel it in my gut and I’m never wrong

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

2nd loving post lmao

GunFondler42069 posted:

I was actually a pretty hardcore Republican when I got on Something Awful. Getting repeatedly owned in D&D was an important growth experience.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
is it possible that he's not CIA and he's just a moron that calls himself an anarchist because he got tired of getting "repeatedly owned" by the shitlib forum?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

is it possible that he's not CIA and he's just a moron that calls himself an anarchist because he got tired of getting "repeatedly owned" by the shitlib forum?

"anarchist but dont worry i wont support a single step toward the thing i say i want" is pretty much the internet version of voting straight party ticket democrat

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

yes i would definitely like to achieve a stateless classless society

anyway time to write my next propaganda piece for the us government

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

The Oldest Man posted:

yes i would definitely like to achieve a stateless classless society

anyway time to write my next propaganda piece for the us government

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

The Oldest Man posted:

"anarchist but dont worry i wont support a single step toward the thing i say i want" is pretty much the internet version of voting straight party ticket democrat

yeah I know

he was a republican because his parents were, he got on the internet then got his political education from the succ forum and decided he was an anarchist because calling yourself a liberal is for old people

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
i'm not defending bob evans i'm jst saying he sucks too much for even the CIA to give a poo poo about

he's just a dumb shitlib is my take

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

i'm not defending bob evans i'm jst saying he sucks too much for even the CIA to give a poo poo about

he's just a dumb shitlib is my take

money tho

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Dreylad posted:

And if anyone wants to know more about the NED, friend of Bellingcat, the Radio War Nerd podcast, did a two part series on the NED and what it's been up to.

is there a blackfeed for radio war nerd

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yes

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

where

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

https://exiledonline.com/45wn84klrz/feed.xml

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

godspeed

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I will be totally honest though a few years ago if you'd asked me between Robert Evans and Gary Brecher which would turn out to be a racist apologist for the American imperial warmachine I would given the wrong answer

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Liberals are fail, and I wish they would stop posting where I can see it.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
why is every dipshit pro interventionist bellingcat propaganda guy a goon

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

mila kunis posted:

why is every dipshit pro interventionist bellingcat propaganda guy a goon

lowtax controls the shadow state

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

exmarx posted:

This is dogshit. In it's subject matter, spin, and just basic writing ability, absolute dogshit. Like you're writing propeganda to convince what a DARE cop thinks a stoner is that they shouldn't worry about the middle east, it's just too complicated.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

"hello fellow anarchists" except all the other anarchists are also Steve Buscemi

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nah dude like don't even wig about peace in the middle east. It's really complicated and impossible. It's super gnarly living there and death is just their normal everyday because they're all into god and junk. How did it start? Who's land is it? Bruh, don't even worry.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

The Oldest Man posted:

"hello fellow anarchists" except all the other anarchists are also Steve Buscemi

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Going to the QCS thread to post about how Reuters explained palestinians being run over this way, and how robert evans explained it that way.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

want to learn how bad is it living in the occupied west bank? we talked to an israeli settler to find out why price tag attacks are so important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

The Oldest Man posted: