Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

for better or worse i think his stream specifically was responsible for mobilizing a lot of folks during the troubles in portland last summer. didnt take long for his fans to start seeking him out in the crowd to tell him how wonderful he was, seemingly way more than other streamers.

hes got something the people want. its too bad its packaged with a bunch of other trash but hey who among us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

spacemang_spliff posted:

i'm not defending bob evans i'm jst saying he sucks too much for even the CIA to give a poo poo about

he's just a dumb shitlib is my take

I think him and brown moses are just useful idiots. In brown moses's case a very large british useful idiot.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

BM is like way more complicit in helping the imperial war machine though and suffers more from delusions of grandeur, British imperialist white man's burden style

Bob just a stupid affable dork who thinks "tankies" are the #1 enemy of mankind

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Its been a few years but I thought Bob Evans had a decent breakfast menu

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
the best thing I be seen in a longtime on this place is the hero who found his account and it’s just him dropping the hard r unironically

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Danger posted:

the best thing I be seen in a longtime on this place is the hero who found his account and it’s just him dropping the hard r unironically

it's extremely funny. good job to them

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Friend of the pod popped up due to a hot take recently.

https://twitter.com/eminence_bleue/status/1458434761148485640

I have to admit I haven't kept up and I hadn't noticed that Robert "Hard R" Evans together with iHeartMedia (formerly Clear Channel Communications) started a new podcast network called "Cool Zone Media". Unfortunate choice of name since the "Cool Zone" is associated with the murder of two black teenagers. I guess he's Robert "Hard R" "Cool Zone Media" Evans now.

quote:

The Network will Include Both Scripted and Unscripted Podcasts That Deliver Progressive Journalism and Stories From Emerging and Established Podcasters

NEW YORK -- August 16, 2021 - iHeartMedia, the No. 1 podcast publisher globally according to Podtrac, announced today Cool Zone Media, a new podcast network powered by journalist Robert Evans that will chronicle the divisive truths of the past and present in order to bring about a better, more informed future. Cool Zone Media will expand upon iHeartMedia’s existing slate of hit podcasts with author and investigative journalist including the bizarre life histories of some of the greatest villains in “Behind the Bastards,” which consistently ranks among the top 10 most downloaded shows on the iHeartPodcast Network; a fictional Texas wracked by civil war in “After the Revolution,” the top fiction series in iHeartPodcast Network history; and other popular series. Additionally, Evans, who will serve as the head of content for Cool Zone Media, will be joined by the iHeartPodcast Network’s executive producer, Sophie Lichterman, who will become Cool Zone Media’s head of creative, to help curate and elevate other vital voices in today’s progressive political landscape for the network.

Anyway I made some fan art for the thread.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol i forgot iheartradio used to be clearchannel

has he ever discussed the fact that he gets paid by a soulless media conglomerate?

also lol that clear channel banned Louis Armstrong and Kool and the Gang after 9/11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_Channel_memorandum

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Is it possible yo hear BtB episodes without the ads? poo poo is barely listenable without

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

bump

https://twitter.com/BadEmpanada/status/1646664183361011714

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

never thought about how funny it is that an "anarchist" has a podcast all about how important the great individuals of history were. unfortunately unlike his heroes, Robert Evans is not a "great man." maybe he can suck Stepan Bandera's cock in hell with John McCain when he dies and get some of that great cum.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

If there’s one thing anarchists hold sacrosanct it’s state secrets

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hes bad

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

the comments kick rear end

https://twitter.com/BadEmpanada/status/1646919030551216129

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

it's so cool that BadEmpanada is back on twitter

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

BE is a first class poster, respect

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/BadEmpanada/status/1646667114114166784

absolutely savage, all the worms coming out to defend Bobby Evans getting owned

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Not So Fast posted:

BE is a first class poster, respect

even the posts on his youtube channels community tab are bangers

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Robert "Hard R" "Cool Zone Media" Evans

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

drat this oval office makes so much money

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

tristeham posted:

drat this oval office makes so much money

iheartradio

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Cool zone media, an iHeartradio* production

*formerly clear channel

Tias
May 25, 2008

Anyone knows which smooth autotune filter James is using in the Mengele episode? It's great

The Saucer Hovers posted:

for better or worse i think his stream specifically was responsible for mobilizing a lot of folks during the troubles in portland last summer. didnt take long for his fans to start seeking him out in the crowd to tell him how wonderful he was, seemingly way more than other streamers.

hes got something the people want. its too bad its packaged with a bunch of other trash but hey who among us

This. People calling him an assadist or cia plant are off their loving meds.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Tias posted:

Anyone knows which smooth autotune filter James is using in the Mengele episode? It's great

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

homie is a op

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Tias posted:

lmao

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

rubes

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Who the gently caress is calling him an assadist? He has a huge war boner for US intervention in Syria.

Fwiw I doubt he’s a literal CIA plant, but that’s not how this stuff works. He’s a useful tool who packages American intervention behind a hammy anarchist veneer and he rubs elbows with/gets mentored and supported by people further up the media chain who are more closely connected to the intelligence community

Does he still claim that NATO intervention in Libya was a net positive?

Tias
May 25, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Who the gently caress is calling him an assadist? He has a huge war boner for US intervention in Syria.

Fwiw I doubt he’s a literal CIA plant, but that’s not how this stuff works. He’s a useful tool who packages American intervention behind a hammy anarchist veneer and he rubs elbows with/gets mentored and supported by people further up the media chain who are more closely connected to the intelligence community

He doesn't anymore, which I guess people who actually listens to CZM shows would be aware of.

Neither here, nor in the Middle East thread, have anyone been able to explain why Bellingcat or other OSINT outfits are tools of American Imperialism, but if anyone wants to keep flailing I'd love to hear why.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

:stare:
https://twitter.com/iwriteok/status/1034284654671552513

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Tias posted:

Neither here, nor in the Middle East thread, have anyone been able to explain why Bellingcat or other OSINT outfits are tools of American Imperialism, but if anyone wants to keep flailing I'd love to hear why.

Oh I get it you're trolling haha 😄 😆 🤣

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Tias posted:

He doesn't anymore, which I guess people who actually listens to CZM shows would be aware of.

:hmmno:

Tias
May 25, 2008

I get it homie. He doesn't live up to whatever LF-rear end maoist third-world fart huffing purity grindset you get going, and so he doesn't deserve freedom of speech.

I don't know how long you've been drinking brake fluid, but it isn't doing you any good.

E: nice alt account two punch combo too, you're really racking up the loser points today :thumbsup:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Tias posted:

If he no longer engages in Libya intervention apologia or Syria intervention then I’d imagine that’s more because the whole nat sec apparatus and it’s hangers ons have moved on to Ukraine

If you can point me to where he’s renounced those earlier positions rather than moving on the the latest imperial adventure than I’m willing to revise my opinion

Edit: wait who are you accusing of being an alt and why?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Tias posted:

I get it homie. He doesn't live up to whatever LF-rear end maoist third-world fart huffing purity grindset you get going, and so he doesn't deserve freedom of speech.

I don't know how long you've been drinking brake fluid, but it isn't doing you any good.

E: nice alt account two punch combo too, you're really racking up the loser points today :thumbsup:

what

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Tias posted:

Are you having a manic episode or a stroke

Tias
May 25, 2008

Two lovely renders of bernie with equally dumb handles? Yeah, I've got better poo poo to do with my time.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Tias posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

what is going on here lol