Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
After playing the demo for https://store.steampowered.com/app/2071500/Islands_of_Insight/ I still don't understand what the MMO component does (probably the biggest puzzle in and of itself), but it is a fun open world variety sandbox of small puzzles akin to the Witness or Talos principle, with small self-contained puzzles, casual 3d hidden object areas, general hidden collectables, perspective puzzles, a small amount of casual platforming (dying to the bottomless pit just respawns you without any punishment) and a couple of overarching area puzzles where you have to stand somewhere where you can see two of the same symbol. That's just the tutorial area. Fun small dopamine hits. There's also a skill tree for some reason, with a double jump and glide, which you can unlock by solving puzzles and finding things.

From the demos I played it was the biggest surprise of this year's next fest. I stopped after the tutorial area because I might probably get it as soon as it releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Can't wait for the people standing in the middle of the puzzle you're trying to solve and teabagging the tetronimos or whatever

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
It's really hard finding guidance on Islands of Insight online, so I'll ask here, even if it might be a long shot:

In the level "the trick of the wanderer" you'll have to follow a wandering echo that's quicker than you can manage to follow with your normal speed. I managed to follow it all the way down to the bottom with the sideways archway, and I think after that it travels back to the start, but I have no idea how to get back. I tried killing myself but I think that just resets the puzzle. edit: actually that was the solution, I think my execution was just lacking.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 17, 2024

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Argue posted:

I read the explanations of the last three posters but I still don't understand. Rearrange? Cover?

I was also very stumped by this puzzle and brute forced it by waiting for the hints to recharge. Also, reading the explanations in this thread, I still don't get it.