Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
A friend of mine had a copy of Omikron. I was a console kid, he was a PC kid. Blew my mind when I first saw it, thought I never actually saw much of the game past the initial area. I really digged (dug?) the Bowie track at the time.

I have a huge soft spot for games like this. Trying to go waaaay beyond what the studio is capable of, ending up a big mess but still having a certain something to it. Something that keeps you coming back.

Excited to finally see this thru.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
What wrong Kay'l? You've barely touched your brown rectangular meat prism, its your favorite.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

By popular demand posted:

Thanks for the silly shorts OP, the game can get tedious to watch.

They really are just the best.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
I didn't know David Cage got THE Blackstar to do voice over work for Omikron. Wow.

(Secret of Evermore made casting spells by mixing ingredients cool...though you didn't need a bowl. Maybe the bowl IS the problem)

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
While you were talking about the games cut content the thought "Omikron Remake" popped into my mind and I wish it hadn't.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
That was a great LP, as always! Thanks for doing it.
Feels good to finally see the whole game. I can't believe how front-loaded it was.
All the deep dives into the cut content were very interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

davidspackage posted:

Thanks for the support! I feel like LP's have kind of faded in popularity, so I really appreciate the comments.

Yeah, the "classic" LP format definitely doesn't get the views a twitch stream does. I makes me really sad, there are a lot of Lpers that put in a ton of work to make funny/informative/thoughtful/entertaining LPs and it seems like no one watches 'em.

The SA/LPzone split didn't help and streaming is where the money is unless you're already a huge youtube star.

I really miss the good ol' days but nothing lasts forever and I understand why things have changed. Makes me doubly happy when a thread like yours pops up though.