Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TapamN
Jan 10, 2008

MY SOUL (Part 7, 17:10) posted:

I always wanted to be a nurse...

I own and tried playing Omikron on the Dreamcast. There's this timed FPS minigame, and I cleared it right after time ran out. When I ran out of time, it was supposed to fade to black, then fade back in. But killing the last enemy interrupted that, so it faded to black and never faded back in. You could still walk around (and hear your footsteps) and do things like open the menu, but the screen was black the entire time.

Since I had been playing for over an hour without saving, I didn't want to reset the game. So I stumbled around like a Roomba, hoping I could trigger something to reset the display. It took five to ten minutes, but I managed to trigger another fade-in-out sequence, which allowed me to see again. I saved, then never touched the game again.

davidspackage, any chance of finishing your Anachronox LP? I had problems when I tried to play it, too (somehow getting stuck outside the bounds of the map, twice), so I don't really feel like playing it myself, but I'd still like to see the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapamN
Jan 10, 2008
I ran across a promotional video of an early version of Omikron while searching for something Dreamcast related. About half the video consists of prerendered video, but there's some gameplay. The world has a more contrast than the end result, but the style shown is still close to the first area in the final game. They kept that goofy running animation the whole time.