Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zushio
May 8, 2008

That Italian Guy posted:

EDIT: this is the video where everything is explained better than I could
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK8i6aMG9VM

I'm not sure if this works anymore, because when I turned off my adblocker I got 2 ads before this video played and another 4 at intervals. All three ad breaks were the 1 unskipable 10 second ad and 1 skipable after 5 seconds ad in pairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Quicksilver6 posted:

Sgf is very cool and funny but, tragically, is cursed by tunnel vision and a horrific sense of direction which is rather crippling in these highly polygonal streets.

You aren't wrong. Even in a game he knows well its clear his sense of direction is awful. It seems to have gotten worse even, since going back to watch his older videos isn't nearly as frustrating. I also don't really like Blind LPs, no matter who is doing it, but his particular style and quirks make them even more excruciating.

I have honestly wondered about this game for years, but no one has tackled it from the same position our host is. Having finally gotten a chance to watch the first video, gotta say, it's absolutely a David Cage game. I'm looking forward to seeing where this game actually goes. Pretty sure you've already made more actual progress in 1 episode than the last LP I tried did in 3.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I was legit terrified of the first person sections in Jurrasic Park for the SNES, I always made my buddy do them.

Playing it more recently the fear was probably over losing a decent run due to the shooter sections being tricky as a kid. No saves made that game brutal.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
In terms of fps melee combat I have fond memories/Stockholm syndrome regarding the XBOX "classic" Breakdown. It has a cool plot and while you start out with guns they are essentially useless past about a quarter of the way into the game.

I never beat it though, pretty sure I got stuck in the room right before the final boss and had to return the rental. It came out in 2004, and was probably the first fps with melee combat that felt good to me. Jedi Knight was great and all, but did anyone not switch to 3rd person for lightsaber anyway? It was awful trying to use it in first person, even in Outcast and Academy.

PurpleXVI posted:

Zeno Clash is good, but the combat DID feel a bit floaty and disconnected at times.

Xeno Clash 1 and 2 feel like something directly from the pages of Heavy Metal magazine and I love them for that. The combat does feel very floaty and disconnected though. 2 fixes a bunch of those issues but has a whole separate set of its own. Both are worth playing, but maybe not for everyone.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 27, 2021