Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

davidspackage posted:

I've developed kind of a weird, Stockholm-syndromy liking towards it, unearthing more details about its development and many failures. Think of me as that weird friend who tells you "hey look, this cut on my arm got totally infected" and you turn your head to look before the words make you realize you shouldn't have.
I understand this completely. I also got the game back when it originally released and Omikron is the perfect example I can give of a guilty pleasure: there is a lot of wrong and bad in this and it's rightly been panned as a game, but something about it still clicks with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
That rooftop section along with the optional mechaguard shooting section when getting into the archives are two of the shooter levels I remember the most. And not in a good way :vv:
They just keep going and going and are just not well designed, even when compared to the rest of the shooting in the game.

I will say that I would have preferred if taking over a person didn't just completely erase their everything, but

SIGSEGV posted:

overwhelming thoughtlessness in something that someone named David Cage pretends really hard is actually extremely serious is a defining characteristic of a David Cage game.

On a positive note, I not only love all your video intros, but the two bits with that guy's "prophecies" made me laugh.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Well, congratulations on finishing this game and the extra effort you put in for the intro vignettes, which have all been funny and sometimes also disturbing, and also whatever that was with Bowie-on-Bowie action in this last episode :v:
It has been quite the trip.