Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

The weird thing about this (at least as an LP) is that there's some definite dissonance when the character keeps changing, but there's no actual character shift. There's hardly any motivation to actually do what should be a core part of the game. I feel a bit lost, like each character really should have their own set of goals (as in later DC games) and forget that no, it's still just kind of the same as before, just a new skin.

I am liking everything else you're doing with it though, I thing this is bringing out the 'best' and treating it fairly for what it is, which isn't that great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

I did not expect Dead Man Walking scenarios.

Of course not, that was on the previous album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CXnnjAXG0Q

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I recently installed Thief Gold from the original disks, and noticed as I often do the ad for Omikron. Inspired by this LP, I decided to load up the Eidos demo disk and see just what it was like to play this, at least in demo form. I lasted about two minutes and one crash to desktop before giving up. This game was years behind its time, and I can only salute you for showing it off as best you could.

It's notable that Thief doesn't look that much better, but the way it plays and feels is acceptably modern, while Omikron comes off as some experiment in UI that would have been more palatable five or six years prior. And to have it promise this sort of 'surrogate'/soul transference gameplay and really fail to deliver is just more of an insult.