Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

I just wanted to thank you for that little discussion on the voice actors in the second episode. I'm a huge fan of the obscure alternate-history FPS Iron Storm, the only game French developer 4X Studios ever made back in 2002, and as it turns out Gay Marshall and David Gasman were on the voice cast as well. For another Quantic Dream connection, Paul Bandey was the only other English speaker on IS's cast, and he's been in a few Quantic Dreams games as well, including Omikron.

I also wanted to ask if you might have any ideas why the Super Best Friends playthrough of Omikron turned into such a clusterfuck? Their LP seemed to be plagued with technical problems that were only partially self-inflicted, and they always had a lot of trouble figuring out what to do and how to use the game's systems. You seem to be pretty comfortable working with Omikron, so I was wondering if you might have any particular insights on what they did wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

So assuming you don't lose any fights or have any bug-related deaths, how far into the game can you play without leaving Kay'l's body?

I'm also getting the impression that there's a lot less to the reincarnation mechanic than meets the eye. From what you said about this new thief lady being able to access the police station, it sounds like the game doesn't put many roadblocks up that require certain bodies. It also seems like a missed opportunity that you can't jump back into previously occupied bodies; if you lean into that you could have a nice little disquieting mechanic where the player becomes something of a ghoul who stockpiles comatose soulless bodies in their apartment and swaps between them as needed.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Ah, we've hit the part that nearly got the Super Best Friends to abort their LP. Naturally, because we are ruled by a whimsically cruel God, they managed to get past the bugged area just fine in their new recording session.

There is something a touch...bittersweet, maybe, when we talk about the gameplay in Omikron, since this game is pretty much both the first and last time Quantic Dream put out a game that plays like, well, a video game. Everything they put out after this is essentially an interactive movie with some quick-time events and a few minor adventure game-style object hunts and dialogue trees. I suppose there's something to be said to sticking to your strengths and interests, but it's a bit sad they never tried to explore how to tell stories in an interactive medium and just settled for copying and adapting the mechanics of film instead.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

There's also Zeno Clash from all the way back in 2009.