Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I only heard about Omikron because I'm a fan of Bowie. Hours... is generally considered to be one of his worst albums, released at the end of his worst decade. We've already heard the only song I really like from that album, "New Angels of Promise."

Anyway this looks endearingly terrible. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

davidspackage posted:

So, I wasn't entirely sure how Youtube would handle the Bowie songs in the videos; I mean, other people had clearly gotten away with it, but I had no idea what to expect. Turns out it's alright. Maybe it drops an ad or two on that (I generally browse with adblock, so I can't tell), but apparently it only blocks the video for Syria, Cuba, Iran and North Korea. Anyway, I had a contingency plan.

This is amazing, thank you.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'll give Omikron this: a lot of other games have a lot more boring starts than this. At least things are happening, even though they make no sense. You'd think the security forces would care a little bit more about your sudden reappearance.

But then again, your wife hardly cared either.

By popular demand posted:

I watched an interview where David Bowie spoke with some enthusiasm about the multiple worlds concept but it's very obvious that he held no interest in games beyond a mild artistic curiosity, I'd be surprised if he ever played the game enough to discover it's poo poo.

I think he spent the 90s trying out all sorts of different things: a non-solo career (Tin Machine), new genres (Black Tie White Noise and especially Outside), running an ISP (BowieNet), and doing soundtracks (this one and Buddha of Suburbia).

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Well, I fell behind this LP due to life happening. I'll finish it soon as I can, but I wanted to say thanks for doing this! The handful of episodes I've seen so far has convinced me David Cage should have been fired into the sun a long, long time ago.