Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

This is now a Dingodile Appreciation Thread, post your favourite Dingodile GIFs and other images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
The monkey has purified himself by throwing all of his impurities at you, so now he gets to ascend? That's my guess.

Also you totally don't need the purple gem but you still can't do the clear gems now. Sucks.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yeah, I think I said it before, but the idea of having to do a level multiple times and not because you messed up in order to get everything kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

The monkey has purified himself by throwing all of his impurities at you, so now he gets to ascend? That's my guess.

Also you totally don't need the purple gem but you still can't do the clear gems now. Sucks.

Clearly he's all out of poo poo to give :haw:

Whammiewazzle
Apr 29, 2016

Your moment of Zen may be referring to The Daily Show, where at the end of every show the host says "now here it is, your moment of Zen" and a silly clip related to an earlier part of the show is played.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I guess I did remember Tiny since he shows up more than once but of all the things I remember about Crash the bosses really aren't any of them, outside of Cortex of course. Maybe if they got lines every time you entered and exited a level with a crystal I would have, or maybe that would just get too annoying.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

In my case I was one of those children that loved reading about weird animals, which of course includes most of Oceania's fauna, so I enjoyed seeing them used in a game and stuck with me.

My inner child was FUMING when I saw the Crash of the Titans guys turned Tiny into an asian tiger.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Actually I remember playing the NTSC version of Crash Warped and the wizards will take two shots from the Fruit Bazooka.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I love N.Tropy's little eye-roll when he mentions Dr. Cortex.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

The little animation extras are very fun.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I had no idea the iron checkpoint box was such a Thing of Note. I think I would have been very confused if I had been a fan of Crash Team Racing.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

It obviously isn't very exciting, but I do appreciate the racing sections not being rubberbanded.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Makes it more of a fair time trial despite how poo poo it handles.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The super body slam may not be the most useful thing in regular levels but combining all the upgrades in the time trials, even the slam, was a small pleasure.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I've been rewatching the 1 and 2 playthroughs now that you've started 3 and I'm not going to lie, I tend to skip the post-amble after the gameplay. I'm now regretting my actions after seeing the titular Sad Bandicoot from episode 11.

I love him so much.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

...why the hell did it take me this long to realize N. Gin is supposed to sound like Peter Lorre? It's not subtle...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hey

I liked the plane levels

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I was already a plane game fan via Ace Combat 2 and some of its alikes on the PS1 and while that game was obviously way more complicated than Crash 3's plane levels something about them really engaged with me at the time. Maybe because very few others were trying to do anything like it. As I mentioned before, I might just be a fan of gimmicks.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

I was already a plane game fan via Ace Combat 2 and some of its alikes on the PS1 and while that game was obviously way more complicated than Crash 3's plane levels something about them really engaged with me at the time. Maybe because very few others were trying to do anything like it. As I mentioned before, I might just be a fan of gimmicks.

Maybe I should check out that Snoopy vs. The Red Baron game for PS2.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
Those 3 OB lives in Tell no tales bothered me so much back in PS1 days that I rubbed my face on the buoy walls until finding an insidious hole in one.
You can barely notice the wider gap between yellow buoys at 10:56 of your video. That's how you get them.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
All those cuts and rewinds where you missed boxes because of the weird loose controls on the jetski. I felt those.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Missing the boxes on the jumps was VERY painful and I think one of the last jetski levels is where I gave up on 100%ing the original Crash 3. It's such a shame because I love the idea of the gimmicks but godsdamn they needed to test them better.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Absolutely loved that boss fight as a kid. Spaceship and giant robot transformer out of nowhere. I felt like something was off the whole time here though and it wasn't until the original boss fight at the end that I realized they removed the hit reaction for the weakpoints. I can see why they would want to tone down the rapidly flashing lights but no sound reaction either feels like it removes something.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Unfortunately I’m going to put updates on pause while I settle some things with work and family. I don’t expect it’ll be too long, but I’ll let you folks know if it gets out of hand.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Hope everything goes as well as possible, take care!

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Yeesh those water ski levels were... Were something.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Oh I remember Caddicarus hating Hot Coco specifically because he was trying to get Platinum Relic for the time trail to the point he didn’t blame anyone for performing the exploit you showed off.

And I know Jak and Daxter used a custom programming language called Game Oriented Assembly Lisp or GOAL for short which was the successor to Game Oriented Object Lisp (GOOL) which was developed for Crash Bandicoot by Andy Gavin who developed GOAL as well.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

With the LP wrapping up, it's double-update week!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah ncortex is a pretty fun boss, kind of easy but thats true for all crash bosses, but least theres that feeling of juggling mechanics that make it more engaging.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Platforming time trials are one of the few time trial modes I ever actually enjoyed and I guess I can thank Crash 3 for that. Any other time I see a time limit I just get stressed.

PS1 Crash bosses may have been easy but I think that's at least a better outcome than hard. At 11/12/13 years old I occasionally still had trouble with the bosses that made you jump around a bunch.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

PS1 Crash bosses may have been easy but I think that's at least a better outcome than hard. At 11/12/13 years old I occasionally still had trouble with the bosses that made you jump around a bunch.

I may have undersold the boss fights generally, because I've played them so often that I forget how difficult it is on a first run.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Time trials were introduced in Crash Bandicoot: Warped and have been a mainstay of the series ever since. The N. Sane Trilogy backports them into the first two games.

Let's see how it turned out.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
I don't think I saw levels 22 or 24, did I miss them in a video? One of them was another plane level I think.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

EggsAisle posted:

I don't think I saw levels 22 or 24, did I miss them in a video? One of them was another plane level I think.

Oh no, you're right. I completely missed them.

I feel like an idiot now.

Then again it's not like those levels add anything meaningful or new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I felt like such a genius when I figured out the bazooka could set off the time trial clock. Does it work from off screen? I vaguely believe I tried experimenting with how far into the level you could get before aiming backward with the bazooka couldn't hit it any more.

EggsAisle posted:

I had a vague feeling something was missing! Mostly because of the plane level.