Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

I felt like such a genius when I figured out the bazooka could set off the time trial clock. Does it work from off screen? I vaguely believe I tried experimenting with how far into the level you could get before aiming backward with the bazooka couldn't hit it any more.

It does. Aiming can be tricky though, depending on the level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Speedruns should also include set-up time. Frame perfect execution to save milliseconds while you're getting in position to start the game's timer.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

It's time to truly end this with "Future Tense", a DLC level that, at the time, was the first original content made in the classic Crash formula in almost 15 years.

I want to take this time to thank everyone who's posted and shared their memories in this thread; along with people experiencing this game for the first time; and to the Crash Bandicoot speedrunning discord group for being so patient as I pummeled them with questions. And of course, thank you to Naughty Dog for making the original games, and Vicarious Visions for doing such a great job of modernizing these classics for a new generation.

My next Let's Play will be of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, a fascinating adventure game from Starbreeze Studios. I'm not sure when that thread will drop, but as usual, expect the schedule to be inconsistent and subject to last-minute changes.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
If I recall correctly, getting all the Gold Relics in Crash 3 was how you got the final gem from Coco. Did you already get that or was that one replaced with Future Tense’s Gems?

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Chimera-gui posted:

If I recall correctly, getting all the Gold Relics in Crash 3 was how you got the final gem from Coco. Did you already get that or was that one replaced with Future Tense’s Gems?

I’m not sure, but all I know is that I got the 105% ending and moving on!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Thanks for the LP! As a Nintendo kid my only experience with Crash was playing the demo at a Playstation friend's house so it was really cool to see the evolution of the platformer as the series went on.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Man, this lp series was a real bash.

thank God you're sane and didn't put that one on the list

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Really enjoyed the series, thank you very much! I actually ended getting into Crash 4 recently. Man, that game's really good. I was really surprised to learn that it wasn't the same studio that did these remakes.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

This has been a really good trip down memory lane, thanks!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Thanks for the LP! Crash is good, rip vicarious visions and T4B.

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021
Thanks for the great LP! It convinced me to try Crash 4, which has been reasonably enjoyable through the early parts.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Every time someone talks about Wrath of Cortex its always something I definitely know about - Crunch, the masks, their voice actors - and I swear I played it but I'm pretty sure I never have.

Anyways great LP! I never even thought about how Coco doesn't talk in Warped.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
Great fun! I'm glad you didn't completely burn out on the series this time. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
what a great journey through nostalgia! thanks for showing this off. crash bandicoot was a thing while i grew up, and while I never had a psx, I played the whole three games along with a friend of mine. It's so cool to see it modernized like this, though I think even the original looks fine today (rose-tinted glasses, I know)