Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
What was the PS1 "shimmer trick where you read junk data off the frame buffer"? It sounds interesting but I wasn't able to find anything about it online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I do really want to play some of those weird PS2 crash games at some point. There was a really good Let's Play of Wrath of Cortex along with all the PS1 games but they all got deleted for some reason and I could never find out why which was a real bummer. I played like an hour of Twinsanity on an emulator at one point and it kind of seemed like they were trying to make it a bit more open like Jak and Daxter which was interesting. Not good, but interesting!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm really impressed by the remastered soundtrack in this one, lots of fun instrumentation there.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Just came here to talk about this games killer soundtrack and ended up spending half an hour on wikipedia reading about civil rights in Japan.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Much like Spyro 3, it's the best of the trilogy. They've perfected the actual levels and stuff but then bogged it down with a bunch of gimmick stages in order to try to keep it interesting.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I do genuinely like the underwater stages in this game, but that's about it as far as the gimmicks go. The rest are fine at best.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Are there emulators out there for the PocketStation? I remember I had the PC version of Final Fantasy 8 as a kid and it came with a separate executable for the chocobo... iirc, dungeon crawling game? It would unlock new summons in the main game. I'd love to see a youtube compilation of all of those.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I've been rewatching the 1 and 2 playthroughs now that you've started 3 and I'm not going to lie, I tend to skip the post-amble after the gameplay. I'm now regretting my actions after seeing the titular Sad Bandicoot from episode 11.

I love him so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Really enjoyed the series, thank you very much! I actually ended getting into Crash 4 recently. Man, that game's really good. I was really surprised to learn that it wasn't the same studio that did these remakes.