Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Oh man, I remember my sisters and I getting this game with the original PlayStation back in the day... :corsair:

Anyway, I think I remember an interview waaaay back when the game was released that the inspiration behind the game was that they wanted to make a Sonic game but in a different perspective. 3D was a budding technology at the time, and the devs wanted to have the camera fixed from the back, which was unheard of at the time. The game was then proceeded to be nicknamed "Sonic's rear end Game" during production until they had an actual name for the game. :v: (confirmed in this 2016 interview with Rolling Stone)

As for more Crash Bandicoot history, the fuzzball was Sony's answer to Nintendo's Mario and Sega's Sonic. The PlayStation was very new and had no flagship mascot, and Crash was hip albeit a bit zany, which was very much on trend in the late 90s, so he was advertised. Heavily. Even for Pizza Hut. Unfortunately, as mentioned in the OP, Crash fell out of favor as newer generations of consoles were released, and some forgot about him altogether. To me personally, he was a product of the 90s and felt kinda stuck there, and I'd only remember the first 2 games as very difficult games I never completed. I'm also really, really bad at video games, but that's not the point.

I'm looking forward to the LP since I've heard great things about the remake trilogy, and I'm looking forward to seeing if there are any other changes this trilogy did in comparison to the first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's amazing just how much I remember and don't remember about this game at once

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Okay now this game is just plain mean.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I like that the dev team acknowledged the cheese move instead of just trying to remove it.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

MarquiseMindfang posted:

The monkey has purified himself by throwing all of his impurities at you, so now he gets to ascend? That's my guess.

Also you totally don't need the purple gem but you still can't do the clear gems now. Sucks.

Clearly he's all out of poo poo to give :haw: