Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
So I started with the second game shortly before the third's release and it's actually the only one of the three original games I one hundred percent-ed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I hate the mental image your bullshitting at the end of 9-2 has put in my head.

I do know Keio Flying Squadron's demo has its full game and that most of Crash Bash was on Spyro Year of the Dragon.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

theenglishman posted:

I hope it was of Crash dressed up as Hatsune Miku.

Miku in a Crash Bandicoot costume from those 90s ads actually.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The Komodo Brothers and Tiny Tiger being planned for but cut from the first game and subsequently brought back for Crash 2 would explain a bit of lost Crash media that otherwise doesn't make sense because of them being there.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 2, 2022

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
While I've grown to appreciate 2 as I played it more as an adult, I do still prefer Warped overall with its more varied and interesting locales.

Regarding the Mask brothers being twins, it's worth noting that long ago Aku Aku was once a powerful human shaman who used his magic to fight against evildoers and particularly Uka Uka. At some point, both Aku Aku and Uka Uka left behind their mortal shells and their spirits came to inhabit ancient tribal masks, effectively making them immortal. Afterwards, Aku Aku was able to imprison his brother within a hidden temple to protect the world from his evil, and then went into hibernation himself for unknown reasons until Crash escapes from Cortex's castle and washes up on N. Sanity Beach.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Tiny having an accent is weird because I don’t believe he had one in the original, using Hulk Speak until Crash of the Titans which made him a Mike Tyson impersonating Siberian Tiger rather than a Thylacine.

That death animation with the sword guy was possibly better or worse in the original game where Crash’s legs would walk away from his upper body which floats in place.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Actually I remember playing the NTSC version of Crash Warped and the wizards will take two shots from the Fruit Bazooka.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Oh I remember Caddicarus hating Hot Coco specifically because he was trying to get Platinum Relic for the time trail to the point he didn’t blame anyone for performing the exploit you showed off.

And I know Jak and Daxter used a custom programming language called Game Oriented Assembly Lisp or GOAL for short which was the successor to Game Oriented Object Lisp (GOOL) which was developed for Crash Bandicoot by Andy Gavin who developed GOAL as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
If I recall correctly, getting all the Gold Relics in Crash 3 was how you got the final gem from Coco. Did you already get that or was that one replaced with Future Tense’s Gems?