Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
Having played the original PS1 trilogy as a kid, I was certainly caught offguard by some changes when I got NST on Steam. Such as the jump physics and the "pillbox" hitbox.
The latter screwed with bridge levels, making the rope walk cheese much more difficult. I could also just run over 1 plank gaps on PS1, where as in NST that was no longer possible and I had to readjust to stick the landings with the new pill shaped Crash.
And then do that while on the run during time trials....

On more opinion based nitpick: I HATE the NST version of the sewer level song in Crash 2.
It sounds too clean (matches with the equally clean new look, which is also a bad thing in my eyes) and too "music-y" with the bell sounds, where as PS1 song sounded wonderfully dirty and grungy with an angry plumber banging on hollow pipes with a rusty wrench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
One nice addition to the NST in Toxic Waste are the scuff marks for the bouncing barrels on the floor, making it easier to dodge them.

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
Most of the time I hear about the 4 finger stigma, it's about the Yakuza and their infamous method of selfpunishment for dishonor by cutting off a finger.

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
You COULD get those boxes on the platform surrounded by mines once you are on the jetboard at Air Crash.
Back in PS1 days, I used to sacrifice an Aku-Aku mask to ram into the mines and get enough height from the blast to land on the platform. This was before my prepubescent brain could comprehend the idea of skipping the cool board right infront of me.
Never tried that trick with N.Sane trilogy though.

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
Those 3 OB lives in Tell no tales bothered me so much back in PS1 days that I rubbed my face on the buoy walls until finding an insidious hole in one.
You can barely notice the wider gap between yellow buoys at 10:56 of your video. That's how you get them.