Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The reach difference was huge; it was really funny seeing Mayweather experimenting with darting in to close the distance in the first couple rounds, only to realize later that he could just highguard and stroll on in; he'd still wait for Logan to punch but he'd wait very very close to Logan, because gently caress if Logan was going to stop him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I don't think Mayweather was able to keep the way bigger and way taller guy from falling onto him in a clumsy smother, I think that was his major problem in the whole "fight" and not part of his plan to literally carry him. I think he would have preferred a mid or late round stoppage and found he couldn't put together combinations without Paul collapsing onto him.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
His framing looked as good as it could in the early rounds yeah, but the size difference is just nuts, and imo you'll feel it more in a clinch than anywhere else.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
From what I saw, especially in the early rounds, Floyd tried to manhandle Logan in the clinch, and was surprised and frustrated that he couldn't.

I'm not saying Mayweather is now shot, or that Logan looked anything other than predictably terrible, but I think a big reason we saw the exhibition we saw was because Mayweather couldn't control the clinch the way he can in his own weight division.

Grappling with a blue belt when you don't know what you're doing isn't the same thing as asking if it's harder to frame and turn someone with 30lbs of muscle and four inches of height on you who wrestled in high school.