Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Yeah the guy getting his pants pulled down and laughed at by everyone sure was the bigger man. Just like the adults said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Anyone claiming Floyd tried and failed to knock out Logan Paul is detached from reality.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Greatest boxer alive stymied by an exhausted amateur hugging him

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Boxing downgraded from combat sport to aikido where you need your opponent to cooperate with you to hurt them.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

bessantj posted:

Man that Paul fella gave Mayweather one hell of a beating, look:

https://twitter.com/LADMMA2/status/1401745452601692160

Jesus lol I see he looked at the first maidana fight blueprint and he interpreted that as 'have seizure in Floyd's direction'

In reality though that's just an amateur boxer being an amateur boxer.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

Ive seen plenty of prospects do the same thing early in their career

It seriously looks like my first fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

human garbage bag posted:

When is Wilder vs Zelenoff?

That has happened.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Feeling like superman now that I know I can just clinch the best boxer on the world from incapacitating me. Namaste.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

He could have used way less energy. Why didn't he?

Floyd, in return for the easiest money you've ever made in your life, please make it slightly ambiguous as to exactly how ridiculous this match up is so Logan can continue to earn after it. Even if the ambiguity is 8 rounds of you standing there laughing at him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

floyd shadow boxing and getting a sweat on for his toughest training regime yet: the camera pans to a line of inebriated 250lb businessmen who just want a hug

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

extreme closeup of floyds face screwed up in intense concentration that pans out to him playing resident evil 2 and being easily caught and eaten by the first shambling zombie he encounters

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Sinteres posted:

My bad, maybe the guy who beat up his girlfriend and threatened his kids just didn't want to hurt the youtuber because he's a really nice guy deep down.

lmao

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

If a Floyd fight is ever in any way satisfying it is always the other guy's doing

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Yeah I'm watching Logan spasming at Floyd's high guard again and I have to admit that a shambling, exhausted version of that could have definitely knocked Mayweather out and definitely scared him. Floyd has never felt the power of an amateur boxer who weighs 15 more kilos than him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Of course not. It's self evident that boxing doesn't work if your opponent is slightly larger than you, completely exhausted, and intent on hugging you. Boxing just has absolutely no answer for these truths.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

If your child is being bullied, take them to a boxing gym and then, after a lifetime spent becoming the greatest of their generation, they will be be able to beat up their bully as long as they aren't slightly larger than your child.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

Lol, you also thought the Jake Paul Askren fight was fixed. Lemme guess, you like the UFC?

Hahaha

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

You just seem so angry, maybe just dont watch? Close them eyes

But then who would you own epic style with your good thinking?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

Youre the one telling everyone theyre stupid for not believing the fights were fixed. The most boring criticism of boxing ever.

It's be strange of me to say this because I can't prove that fights were fixed so the position would be untenable.

There's nothing at all stupid about thinking that training hard for a year will leave you on equal footing with the upper echelons of the profession. Life is an anime.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

when they paired me up with someone 30+ lbs heavier than me in practice I couldn't do anything regardless of whether i was more skilled than them or not.

lol wtf?

yes i've boxed on and off since i was 15 and had a dozen amateur fights and at my best would have made a middling pro.

i've also done enough bjj so that my cause of death probably won't be headlock. what made me fall in love with bjj was rolling with a 16 year old blue belt boy as a 25 year old man who i outweighed by about 50lbs and i have never felt more helpless in my life.

is that enough to have an opinion?! lol at do you even train bro.

anyway i'll leave you with this quote from middleweight gennady golovkin's wikipedia page:

"Imoesiri said Golovkin routinely dispatched of heavyweights and hit harder than Povetkin"

i assume by 'heavyweights' as well ggg was probably dispatching actual, dangerous professional fighters and not some hobos with a pro record of 0-1, but iono

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

Can Floyd who's an accurate but not powerful puncher do the same thing?

to seasoned professionals? maybe not.

to a literal amateur? yes. easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

"That was stunt weed, your honor."

"I'm not a judge."

Lol at this forever.