Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

collocation posted:

Well, I'm glad I bootlegged that.

Yeah I feel for anyone who paid for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

He looks glum walking out the stadium. Even if he just puffed Paul up in the post fight interview, he should still be skipping on a 9 figure cloud.

I'm sure he was hoping to knock out Logan late and then fight Jake, so he's counting the money he won't make on the next fight and is probably super embarrassed/feeling old.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Fucker posted:

i didnt watch a second of this, but if the record shows a draw and logan paul went 8 rounds with mayweather w/o getting knocked out, that basically means he won imo

I feel like the 'Mayweather wasn't really trying' stuff we're going to see a lot is a huge cope. Going in, everyone would have agreed going the distance would be a massive failure for him.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The SituAsian posted:

I honestly feel like after Floyd really had Logan in trouble he kind of did a mini calculus in his head that, mainly because of the size difference, he probably had to really sell out to get the stoppage and that would create a nonzero chance of him getting caught with something out of nowhere (he probably would be fine but the embarrassment alone would be massive) so he kind of took the middle of the road approach.

Yeah I think that's right. He wanted to knock Logan out, and has to view this as an embarrassing outcome, but he wasn't willing to risk actually losing to go hard. Exhibition or not, it would have tainted his record in a lot of people's eyes, whereas this was just unsatisfying.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I just don't believe for a second Mayweather really wanted to go the full eight rounds and have to start his post-fight interview rationalizing it by talking about how he's not young anymore. He knew it was a lovely outcome.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Honestly if Mayweather deliberately went the distance (and I'm still not convinced he did, even if he did deliberately start slow/wanted to prolong it), he still deserves for people to treat it like the embarrassment that it was for him not to knock an amateur out. gently caress him if he deliberately put on a bad fight--he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If they'd had the ref from the Badou Jack fight he would have DQ'd Logan Paul for sure.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

Feeling like superman now that I know I can just clinch the best boxer on the world from incapacitating me. Namaste.

Weight classes legitimately do exist for a reason. :shrug: I don't think it's totally impossible that he "threw" the fight to an inconclusive ending that pleased nobody and made him looked washed, but I just don't see any incentive that he had to do it since it made any interest people had in seeing him fight again drop a lot. Some combination of being too old, too small and too risk averse to finish it out makes sense to me, and tbh I think the stuff about Floyd carrying people even before this fight was already a bit of a cope for him not having knockout power. Sorry the best boxer in the world* embarrassed himself against an amateur, but that's what happened even if he did throw it for some idiot reason.

*a long time ago

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

And immediately promo getting the other one.

Yeah and the thing where Floyd's saying he might be done after this instead of immediately challenging Jake is another reason I think he was unhappy with how it all went. He's not getting any younger, obviously wasn't too banged up, and none of this is sanctioned anyway, so I just don't see any reason why they wouldn't have wanted to get the machinery going on that ASAP if it was going to happen. We all know judges would have called the fight for Floyd, but as it stands, he agreed to a fight without any kind of judging, so it was a loving draw and nobody wants to see that happen again. Maybe he'll eventually do a whole 'I'll train for real this time' angle, but I don't know why anyone would buy it.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 7, 2021

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Again, it doesn't make Floyd or the sport look any better if it was all a work. :shrug: I just don't understand his motivation if it was.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

My bad, maybe the guy who beat up his girlfriend and threatened his kids just didn't want to hurt the youtuber because he's a really nice guy deep down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Especially a Floyd who's 44, retired, and hasn't fought a quality boxer in six years. And even the massive weight disparity we saw was with Mayweather fighting at a heavier weight than in any of his other fights.