Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
In the unimaginable landscape of physical media two decades ago, I owned a copy of the 2001 Onion annual. The Christmas publishing cycle aligned beautifully for this, as the book ran from Nov 2000 to Oct 2001, which captured two very special editions: Bush vs Gore, and 9/11

NBC News Reverses Earlier Report Of Gore's Death

quote:

...Early in the evening, NBC's on-screen outline of Gore was colored blue, signifying life. At 11:17 p.m. EST, it turned red, indicating death. When word arrived that Gore had a pulse but no signs of brain activity, the outline reverted to its original uncolored state, meaning "unconfirmed."

In the hours following the erroneous report, NBC was more cautious about making projections, posting the latest readings from Gore's blood-pressure monitor but refraining from speculating about his overall status.

Even the TV listing was full of little gems like the MTV double bill "Talking To Blink 182 About The Tragedy"/"Carson Daly In Way Over His Head", or "Extremely Uninformed Debate" on public access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
For straight news videos, I find it hard to top this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyph_DZa_GQ
I am the law

Once you let Today Now into the picture, this is pretty strong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUT8ec24anM