Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Eat This Glob posted:

this just reminded me they had michael chandler talk about black history month because he adopted a black son instead of just having angie hill or usman or whoever do the feature lol

Oh wow, I totally forgot watching that. Hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
TUF Recap!

Episode 5: Hard Headed

Team Volko, down 0-4, like a whole squad of dingus losers. Volkanovski isn't a fan of Ortega talking himself up, citing that the fighters did the winning, not Brian. Oooooh, drama!

Mitch Raposo thinks Ortega is classless, and is sick of Andre's poo poo. Mitch and Andre argue in the house about Ortega's honor and how genuine a dude he is. Looks like we got a Vibes Issue, brah.

Bryan Battle Fight Prep!

Volk says Bryan is a good listener and keen to take instruction. His fight footage shows some decent grappling skills. Volk says Kemran will be looking to throw heavy hands, but Bryan's got range to keep things at the proper distance.

Bryan's nickname is "Pooh Bear" and it is ridiculous to hear him say that Pooh Bear is the guy who gets into the cage, and Bryan Battle is the normal, day to day guy. Bryan Battle is the name of an low-tier Image comics guy from the 90s.

Ortega and the coach crew show up at the house and Ryder says the foosball dream team is him and Tresean, but Ortega is adamant that he'll kick both guys asses at the same time.

Kemran and Liudvik discuss how their parents aren't fans of their fighting careers. Kemran lives at home with his parents and is married with a kid.

Kemran Lachinov Home Movie

Kemran's out of West Springfield, MA. He was born in Uzbekistan, moved to Russia at a young age, and came to America for high school, but him and his family are Turkish. He says every time he lost a soccer game, he'd get into a fight, so his coach told him to ditch soccer and get into fighting. Kemran trains at Team Link in Ludlow, with forum fave, Gabe "Joke, You Are a Bad" Gonzaga.

Kemran Lachinov Fight Prep

Kemran wants to keep the fight standing, but feels he's capable of winning on the ground if Battle looks to take things down. Kemran has a ton of experience, with like 5 fights on Bellator prelims.

Bryan says his non-fight job is as a carpenter, and he's always worked when not fighting.

Bryan Battle Home Video

Bryan is out of Charlotte, NC. He trains with a guy who owns a carpentry business, so he works for that dude. He trains at Hayastan, which is a Gokor Chivichyan and Gene Lebell joint venture. Bryan didn't have a combat sports background prior to getting into MMA, and he started out at heavyweight. Bryan is the middle of 6 siblings, all 5 being sisters. Bryan's married with one kid on the way.

Weigh-ins go off without a hitch.

The Ultimate Fighter Flashback, Presented by Toyo Tires!

Hey! Remember the time when Claudia Gadelha dunked Dana White on the coaches challenge? Haw haw, the big angry tomato man became all wet!

Anyway, it's freakin fight day and there's like 20 minutes left in this one, so expect a decision, probably even a sudden victory 3rd round

Tale of the Tape

Bryan Battle
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 185lbs
Reach: 77"

Kemran Lachinov
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 186lbs
Reach: 72"

Round 1

Battle heads to the outside, throwing single pot shots. Kemran tries to move in, and lands a decent overhand. Both guys throwing single shots, Kemran going to the body with some of his punches. Kemran closes distance and shoots, pushing Battle against the fence. Bryan separates and circles away. Bryan with some good low kicks. Kemran shoots again, but Battle defends, and lands some knees from the clinch. Battle breaks away and Kemran stalks after him, hands down. Battle lands a few shots, but doesn't slow down Lachinov, and he shoots another takedown. Battle defends and lands some more good knees. Kemran dives for a leglock, but the round ends with Battle hammerfisting. Easily should be 10-9 Battle.

Round 2

Kemran looking for body kicks. Battle landing with good jabs and high kicks from the outside. Kemran looks for another takedown, but Battle defends and goes back to the knees. Kemran starts winging huge overhands, and slips off a miss. Battle gets on top, and lands a few shots. Kemran gives up his back and escapes. Kemran finally gets one takedown but can't keep Battle on the mat. Battle hits a low knee and Lachinov keels over. The pause in action is brief, and the fight is back on.

Kemran is looking for overhands and takedowns, having little success with either. Battle defends, lands some knees and then separates. Kemran drops for a leg lock again, but Bryan escapes and gets on top with little time left. Battle should take this round as well.

Winner by unanimous decision, Bryan Battle. Kemran looked very basic.

Ortega says Kemran had success by putting pressure on Battle, and basically says "why not just get punched in the face as your defense if the punches don't knock you out", which is insane for any coach to say, let alone by the guy that got his whole entire poo poo broke by 99999 Max Holloway punches.

Fight Selection!

Dan Argueta vs Ricky Turcios

Episode 6 preview: Pranks!

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

quote:

That’s why Alpar (9-5) was forced to start a GoFundMe campaign to help pay for training expenses ahead of her UFC 266 return on Sept. 4, which include (but are not limited to) gym fees, airline tickets, doctor visits, and food, just to name a few.

“As I continue striving to be the best at what I do, I need your help financially to allow me to do this,” Alpar wrote. “My goal is to raise $30,000 by December 1, 2021, to train full-time. Greater success requires greater time, dedication, and resources. For this, I am calling on you to help me! My heart is in this, and you will watch my progress as finances come in, and I believe with all my heart we, the ‘Too Sweet’ Tribe, can get there.”

Alpar was no doubt elated to learn that social media star Jake Paul recently donated $5,000 to her campaign. The cynic in me wants to believe this was nothing more than an opportunity to make Dana White and Co. look bad but the money is still green in the end.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

LobsterMobster posted:

Ortega says Kemran had success by putting pressure on Battle, and basically says "why not just get punched in the face as your defense if the punches don't knock you out", which is insane for any coach to say, let alone by the guy that got his whole entire poo poo broke by 99999 Max Holloway punches.

It certainly illustrates why he executed that fight that way.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Most fighters don't change how they fight (aside from over very long periods of time, like Arlovski for example), and they're gonna teach folks to fight exactly like they do.

kimbo305 posted:

It certainly illustrates why he executed that fight that way.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Brut posted:

Most fighters don't change how they fight (aside from over very long periods of time, like Arlovski for example), and they're gonna teach folks to fight exactly like they do.

That's a good point and it highlights why not all fighters are good coaches. They are good at knowing and executing what works for them but not always good at looking outside of that or seeing others needs.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Lmao I went to an insane ~NinJuTsU~ class in Melbourne once and like the very first thing the instructor said in his demo was that a punch would either knock you out or have NO EFFECT. (Right after his student ruined the sick demo by punching "too fast" and catching him out :allears: ) It was magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
July Thread - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3972307