Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Dana and strawberries have very similar skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

What a twat.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

surivdaoreht posted:

on paper i'm not seeing how nate beats leon, but alas

war diaz

He some how convinced them to let him fight 5 rounds, let's loving see it. Edwards needs to head kick him into oblivion early or he's gonna get diazed when he's sleepy.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I'm allowed to exist in 2012

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Nate rules and Im glad he won.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Nate is infamously one of the biggest men to have ever set foot in the stocktagon.

Lets see maximov fight uh whos in the top 15 of lhw , uh. Uhm. I could maybe name the top 5 but thats it.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

oh ive seen this guy on fighters social medias before. This is who this twat is? Pathetic.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

reeg posted:

Heavyweight still isn't a young division, but all of a sudden 7 of the top 11 (top 10 + Ngannou) are under 35 years old. Considering how ancient the division felt a few years ago, that seems like progress. Nevertheless, I am not excited to watch Ciryl Gane and Volkov jab each other for half an hour

I suspect Volkov will out jab him, and counter him if Gane doesn't show more variety than in his last fight. It COULD be a good fight. I'm reasonably interested in this card.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1407773468893093891?s=20
He’s selling borz tickets and y’all eating them right up

lmao

So good, I hope rockhold goes for one more run he'd be good for some inadvertant comedy, hes got huge 80s jock energy about him.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Kragger99 posted:

. One thing I have noticed lately is it seems like Conor has peaked, meaning he's not growing as a fighter, and his competitors are getting better while this happens.

Really hope the outcome is exactly the same as the last fight. No defense for leg kicks, gassy in the second, and eventually KO'd.

Conor peaked at the Eddie fight - Alvarez didn't look like he deserved to be in there with him. It's been carnie poo poo and cocaine since then.

Fly Ricky posted:

He can say he’s “motivated”, but even skill set and stage of his career aside, Poirer is still more or less fighting to build a sick nest-egg for his family. The dude is a millionaire, but not a hundred-millionaire and MMA careers are short.

Conor has generational wealth. I don’t believe for a second he’s nearly as motivated as Poirer. It didn’t stop someone like Mayweather from fighting at peak form for years, but Conor is no Mayweather.

Its a nitpick - but conors kids will have generational wealth - it has to be handed down for it to be generational. But otherwise agreed, mcgregor probably made more from his budweiser sponsorship 5 years ago than poiriers made in his life. Dustin takes him again. My heart wouldn't be able to take mcgregor having the kind of cultural cache a win would give him. I hope poirier makes a show of him and nate gets another big payday out of him and then hopefully mcgregor will gently caress off forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Can't wait to watch Ngannou Vs Lewis 2: This time with Punches on New Years Eve.