Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Skjorte posted:

Speaking of Covid, Dominick Cruz is now bringing his bad commentary to his training sessions:

https://twitter.com/invheelhook/status/1403431734000111616

covid hosed up Cody Garbrandt which is something Dom never could, so he's feeling a bit insecure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Brandon Moreno was 3-3 after his first six fights. Think about the number of fighters that go 3-3 and go "yeah maybe this isn't my thing, guess I'll go sell piñatas at my dad's store like he wanted me to". Between him and Do Bronx there's really something to be said for sticking with it, honing your craft and working in the correct weight class. Saying that Figueiredo cuts too much weight is a good thing to point out as well, I wonder how much Figgy Smalls is leaving in the sauna every time he makes the walk.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Untrustable posted:

I've been posting in these threads for years. So I would like you all to extend me some grace for what I am about to ask.

What is roidtech?

I envy you a little, no word of a lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9vdoX3Ju0

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowman_McK posted:

There was an exceptionally annoying Fedor fan here a long time ago, called 'Socrates.' As a result, the board's regulars spent so much time having to rebut his really stupid posts about Fedor that he ended up regarded negatively. Kind of like how a lot of people loved mocking BJ Penn before his career got really depressing, thanks to his incredibly annoying fanbase.

That moron got banned because of their constant refrain that it was completely OK that Fedor trained with neo nazis and when they were told to knock it off or get banned, they doubled down and got banned. Also they kept posting like "dear sir" and "mayhap your post is an ad hominen" etc etc the exact kind of poo poo idiots post when they're trying to be smart.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Unfortunately the website is down but this is my link to where Fedor's coach claimed that Bigfoot Silva was using psychic warlocks hidden in the audience to drain Fedor's powers.

https://ssl.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.detail&gid=303222

The coach later denied it or said he was joking around, but if that website ever comes back it also has a report from someone who translated what the coach said and is pretty sure he wasn't kidding.

And of course, the real reason Fedor lost is that the steroids he was on weren't as good as the ones Bigfoot was on.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Brut posted:

The website isn't down, your link is bad.

Well yeah, I said it was my link, what did you want?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
5'11", 76" inch reach. That's a solid ape index.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

kimbo305 posted:

Not a UFC event, but I think Anderson deserves the mention here anyways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4GGGoRCxT8
His opponent, JCC Jr, missed weight by a couple pounds. The fat and never lived up to his potential boxer will probably win over the wrung out MMA legend.

The worst part about this is that Spider is making 100k from Chavez missing weight, which is a bigger payday than almost any UFC fighter will ever get.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mekchu posted:

It was "If my posts arent some form of fight me report me for account sharing"

If we perma'd every single person who posts in QCS it would be a significant net positive for the forums as a whole.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

beep by grandpa posted:

what ever happened with that really fuckin weird post fight interview dom had something about a charity fight, no monster drinks and they had to awkwardly cut away from him cause no one knew wtf he was talking about after taking a few too many jabs to the dome. I think UFC didn't even upload the interview to their channel either lmbo

There's a senior executive with Monster Energy who uses his position as the guy who decides who gets what promotional payments from his company to basically force the fighters to hang out with him and laugh at his lovely pranks. I saw a video of him on instagram knocking food out of Daniel Cormier's hands and laughing about it and pretty much anyone else on the planet would have been a loving grease stain at that point in time.

Dom was calling him out about it, and how because this idiot whose name I can't recall also purports to be a fighter and trains MMA, they should have a charity fight so Dom could knock him outgently put his hands on him to a points decision in a fight that probably wouldn't be judged.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Apparently Ngannou was asked to do August 7th, said he couldn't, and was then asked to do September 25th, which he agreed to. Then they announce this poo poo.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dana's clearly angry Ngannou has an actual talent agency as opposed to being a Kawa or Abdelaziz fighter he can boss around

CAA are scumbags as well, mind, but they're light years ahead of the regular MMA "talent agent"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Hollandia posted:

He’s not white, op.

Yeah it's this, it's the CAA thing, it's the money talk. It's all of the things.

Plus, look at this smarmy little turd.

Hunter Campbell, UFC Chief Business Officer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

tesilential posted:

E: if that’s hunters real face I take it all back.

Completely public LinkedIn profile

https://www.linkedin.com/in/hunter-campbell-848221194

Obviously that photo is taken in the best light and by a professional, but here he is with Dana