Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
They're doing the old-schoolest press conference in a while, with the three 5-round fighters getting to shout at each other. Vettori and Izzy have both been so insanely embarrassing with their trash talk here that they should probably cut their mics at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TJfoXDTKvw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

Izzy really should give up the fake villain thing. It's really bad.

I don't think he's trying out a fake villain gimmick, unfortunately. He's super thin-skinned and immature, and he immediately reverts to schoolyard insults in these types of situations.

lmao at Vettori getting THAT angry at the end there, though.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Speaking of Covid, Dominick Cruz is now bringing his bad commentary to his training sessions:

https://twitter.com/invheelhook/status/1403431734000111616

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

CommonShore posted:

It’s a fight night breakdown

Great breakthrough, though Avila is, to my knowledge, an American. When the Stoliarenko fight fell through the last time, she was kicked out of her gym by her coach who had already made the most passive-aggressive social media post ever that basically read "haha, y'all better watch out for Avila, 'cuz she's so badass that she tore her own coaches' knee to shreds... trying to keep a positive attitude and not let it get to me... but seriously, if she'd do that to me, imagine what she'll do to her next opponent." Haven't heard where she ended up since, though James Krause invited her over.

Also sorta interesting (probably just to me, though) that Dalby and Hadzovic are both fighting at the same card. I was in the same gym as them a few years ago, but all the Denmark-based UFC fighters -- Damir, Pannie, Burnell -- jumped to a rival gym with Dalby being the only one to stick around the much smaller and, honestly, less UFC-appropriate place to train. Always rooting for both guys, though Burnell is definitely the one guy from this region that should be in the UFC.