Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Did anyone tell fdog he can come back and post with us and he won't be supporting lowtax?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

beep by grandpa posted:

Has anyone who adopts the patented alpha male warrior prince of war bringer of chaos mentality ever been good for any sustainable period of time ever

I can't think of anything right now but didn't some Brazilian fighter get 'ufc is my life' tattooed on him somewhere? Sorry kiddos, daddy's playing real life Tekken to have room for you.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Maybe Francis popped for something and it hasn't been announced yet?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

quote:

That’s why Alpar (9-5) was forced to start a GoFundMe campaign to help pay for training expenses ahead of her UFC 266 return on Sept. 4, which include (but are not limited to) gym fees, airline tickets, doctor visits, and food, just to name a few.

“As I continue striving to be the best at what I do, I need your help financially to allow me to do this,” Alpar wrote. “My goal is to raise $30,000 by December 1, 2021, to train full-time. Greater success requires greater time, dedication, and resources. For this, I am calling on you to help me! My heart is in this, and you will watch my progress as finances come in, and I believe with all my heart we, the ‘Too Sweet’ Tribe, can get there.”

Alpar was no doubt elated to learn that social media star Jake Paul recently donated $5,000 to her campaign. The cynic in me wants to believe this was nothing more than an opportunity to make Dana White and Co. look bad but the money is still green in the end.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Brut posted:

Most fighters don't change how they fight (aside from over very long periods of time, like Arlovski for example), and they're gonna teach folks to fight exactly like they do.

That's a good point and it highlights why not all fighters are good coaches. They are good at knowing and executing what works for them but not always good at looking outside of that or seeing others needs.