Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

Every time I think of Randleman I think of two things:

1) The absolutely nasty photo of his staph infection

2) Roidtech, which illustrated the genuinely ahead of its time technique of putting yourself in half guard. We made fun of Coleman for giving up side control for a full decade and now everyone does it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

TUF was pretty fun this week, Tresean kept trying to intimidate Ryder but Ryder was too stupid to understand what was happening

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

Brut posted:

gently caress.

https://twitter.com/MikeHeck_JR/status/1405565860387987465

This dude is 6-0 amateur, 6-0 pro fights, but best of all this is his Tapology picture:

The only LHW or HW fight to fall apart in the upcoming month was OSP/Grishim which means OSP ducked this dude to fight Tanner Boser instead. He must be pretty solid

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

leftist heap posted:

Dom is insufferable but does manage to say actual insightful things about fighting sometimes.

Dom and Bisping are individually good but they're a nightmare pair because they're both bullies and incapable of making the show not about themselves. Throw in Josh Thomson who's filling the same role in Bellator for my personal hell booth

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

But then again I remember the Cruz/Felder pairing was them constantly apologizing to each other for cutting each other off, that's a completely different style of mess

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

Heavyweight still isn't a young division, but all of a sudden 7 of the top 11 (top 10 + Ngannou) are under 35 years old. Considering how ancient the division felt a few years ago, that seems like progress. Nevertheless, I am not excited to watch Ciryl Gane and Volkov jab each other for half an hour

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

More info about the Luis Peņa arrest came out and it's not good. One more shithead in the fightgame

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/31694397/ufc-fighter-luis-pena-charged-robbery-battery-alleged-assault-girlfriend

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

Kevin Lee is out of his fight next week with Sean Brady. Bummer, I'm still hoping he can pull it together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

Smolka got staph and pulled out so Sean O'Malley loses his obviously favorably booked fight next weekend (and will likely get an even more favorably booked fight against a late replacement)