Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

1TB or 512GB NVME for a primary drive on a workstation? WD SN570 is still the go to for a cheap drive?

No gaming, just typical office work stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Thermal testing your PC. What are the recommendations? Do I run Prime95 blend/small/mystery? Is there something better to use?

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It seems like most people I know who have used AM4, myself included, have yanked the CPU out of the socket while trying to remove a cooler at least once. It's a rite of passage with the platform.

Oh good, I'm not alone.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

- I am between either a pea dot, and X, or a smiley face for applying my thermal paste

A cross to ward off any evil.