Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stoicheian
Aug 10, 2007
Hello, I am looking for a computer to play games on very high settings primarily plugged into a big OLED tv, though I may get a fancy monitor in the near future. Sounds like I need to buy prebuilt to get a newer GPU, but in very uncertain about build/part quality for different companies.

I was looking at this. Any thoughts?
Corsair prebuilt

I mostly settled in this because it is in stock and seems to come from a reasonably professional company. My budget is quite flexible. Any major red flags? Any suggestions for other systems to look at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoicheian
Aug 10, 2007
It is also not in stock. I think 5600x and 3070 will suit my needs. I'm certainly tempted to splurge on 3080 and a silly CPU, but I can't find a prebuilt with a 3080 that is both in stock and from a company that seems reputable. I'll guess I'll have to settle with an excellent system and saving money :shrug:

stoicheian fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 15, 2021

stoicheian
Aug 10, 2007

Zeron posted:

This one is just as overpriced as the rest, but I have one myself that's worked out fantastically and I couldn't find any complaints about their build quality anywhere. Corsair actually owns Origin PC but it's like their rip off contractor site while directly buying from them gives you better quality/deals. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-VENGEANCE-i7200-Series-Gaming-PC/p/CS-9050011-NA

Bought this a month ago to get a 3070 and it is fine. No issues, world probably buy again.

stoicheian
Aug 10, 2007
Hello, I have a question for smart computer people. I want to upgrade the ram in my system. I have a ryzen 5600x cpu, msi b550a pro motherboard and a rtx 3070.

I am aiming for 64gb. I read that my ryzen chip will do best with 4 sticks rather than 2, and 3600mhz. I am planning to get this:
vengeance lpx 4x16

Is there a point to buying 4x16g rather than buying 2 sets of 2x16, which is sightly cheaper?

Generally, is there anything wrong with this choice, or better options?

stoicheian
Aug 10, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

Do you have any use case for 64gb of RAM?

My neighbor has 64 and my wife says we have to have the same. Alternatively I'm starting a YouTube channel starring my toddler.