Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Sir Lemming posted:

For those in the Charlotte, NC area, Micro Center finally announced their Grand Opening date: May 10th. (There's also an "Early Access" date of May 8th, though I have no clear idea of what that means other than I guess if you show up May 8th there will still be someone there?)

Why couldn't it open in Raleigh instead? I want to check it out but not if it means putting up with 74.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Xun posted:

I've got two fried PSU-to-wall outlet cables in a week. One cable dying is whatever, two is sus as hell.

The first fried cable was connected to a surge protector strip, I did notice the light was dimmer than it should be so I replaced it.

However, the second cable was directly connected to the same wall outlet and I have confirmed the computer won't power on even if it's using a different outlet.

The computer boots fine with a third new-from-the-cable-box cable but I'm not sure I should be turning it on? Does anyone have an intuition if it's the wall outlet or my PSU frying things or how to check? Im not sure how a wall cable even gets fried.

Plug in your PC somewhere else and see if your cable still gets fried. Back the problem outlet out and see if the ground wire (bare copper usually) is touching your hot (black). Check for any lacerations in your hot wire, look for any scorching anywhere in the box. (Cut the breaker before you do this, obviously.)

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 30, 2024