Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Well, dunno how well this will go. Noticed that a vendor has some 3060s in stock and I've been considering an upgrade. Problem is I am totally braindead and do not have the energy to sift through all these marketing words so I would appreciate some advice! Other than the graphics card I'm looking for something with a beefy CPU.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor (kr2922.00 @ Amazon Sweden)
CPU Cooler: Dunno, I prefer watercoolers because they're quiet but I've had a hell of a time getting them to fit in cases because I'm bad so :shrug:
Motherboard: Dunno
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory (kr803.13 @ Amazon Sweden)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory (kr803.13 @ Amazon Sweden) (I already own one set of these in my current build, not sure if I can/should reuse them)
Storage: 2x 1TB SSDs and a 250gb M2 SSD that I already own
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GAMING Z TRIO LHR ? The store also has some MSI GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GAMING Z TRIOs in stock and I cannot tell the difference other than the fact that TIs are slightly better. They have way more TIs in stock than the other, is there a particular reason why?
Case: I currently have one of the Fractal cases, looks like a Define R5. Wouldn't mind a new case though
Power Supply: Currently have an overkill corsair 1000W one

Any advice on what I should fill in the missing bits with or replace?

Xun fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I've got two fried PSU-to-wall outlet cables in a week. One cable dying is whatever, two is sus as hell.

The first fried cable was connected to a surge protector strip, I did notice the light was dimmer than it should be so I replaced it.

However, the second cable was directly connected to the same wall outlet and I have confirmed the computer won't power on even if it's using a different outlet.

The computer boots fine with a third new-from-the-cable-box cable but I'm not sure I should be turning it on? Does anyone have an intuition if it's the wall outlet or my PSU frying things or how to check? Im not sure how a wall cable even gets fried.

Xun fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 28, 2024