Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

LifeSunDeath posted:

pretty sure you need good airflow in the case or it doesn't perform right. tbh it seems really stupid and edge-case usable, and it's expensive.

e, LOL and they themselves recommend putting a fan on it in overclocking situations. like wtf.

lol at overclocking a passively-cooled computer

also lol at telling people that your CPU thermally throttling under load conditions is fine and normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

punk rebel ecks posted:

Are SSD/NVMEs at risk of becoming super rare in the future like GPUs due to Ethereum or is that thought not justified?

If chia becomes a mainstream crypto, all storage becomes gpu rare.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Target Practice posted:

How concerned do I have to be about the warnings that this is throwing up? I don't understand the bios flashing and how to avoid needing to do that.

It depends on the board. My Asrock B550 shipped with an outdated bios but it was pretty easy to put the newest bios on a usb stick and boot into the UEFI to flash it with the incompatible processor installed. I assume that MSI is the same.

Be smarter than me and download the newest bios BEFORE you rip the computer apart and install the new motherboard :v:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
You're going to want a several TB storage drive. 500gb runs out very fast as a main drive.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Anyone have a recommendation for a good mATX case? It needs to fit a Sapphire Nitro 6700xt that's kind of long and a noctua U12S. I don't care about RGB on the case.