Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
Bend it back, it’ll probably work fine.

E: from the silkscreen labels, that bent pin is a chassis intrusion switch, which I’m guessing you won’t use anyways

hattersmad fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
You can do a visual inspection around the area (both top and bottom side of the board). If the solder joint on the other side looks okay, and there aren’t any scratches/nicks/defects anywhere, bend the pin back straight and don’t worry about it. If something doesn’t work, then you can RMA it. Of course it’s kind of annoying to build the whole thing and then have to replace the motherboard, so there’s that consideration to weigh.

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6

taqueso posted:

Can you post a closeup of this area? It looks like major damage where an IC, power-related judging by the package, should be.

Looks like solder deposited on pads for an unpopulated part

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
I have an Arctic Liquid Freezer 3 240 with a 7800X3D. At idle it’s at 20-30%, and goes up to 50-60% when gaming. That’s mostly because I set a pretty aggressive fan curve for it. It’s super quiet all the time, gaming or not.

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
That picture of the bent pins doesn’t look great and is probably your issue