Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ndnikola
Jan 11, 2019
Hello goon world,

Thinking of purchasing a pre-build PC mainly for gaming (COD warzone) and perhaps entertainment (streaming films etc) - ideally this would last me at least a couple of years without the need for a major refurbishment / upgrade. My current gaming rig is a base PS4, so hoping for a reasonable upgrade to at least my gaming FPS and experience.

Have my eyes on this one in particular, any thoughts?

[url] https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...x-3070/15397183[/url]

Note that I am in Canada (QC) and would rather go for a pre-build than parts unless there is a considerable price differential. Also this price is probably the most I would like to spend at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT - fixed link, apologies!

ndnikola fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ndnikola
Jan 11, 2019
Good to know and thanks for the responses! (And sorry for broken link)

Should add that I may need to add a monitor to the package, which would have to bring the PC price down.

In short, is there a PC+ 27” Monitor (preferably pre-build as my hands are not to be trusted with delicate work) that goons could recommend to run COD (not a pro gamer but would definitely like to see an upgrade from my PS4) and other latest games without fearing that I will and need an upgrade in two years say around $2000 USD?

ndnikola
Jan 11, 2019
Thanks Pilfered! Any thoughts on an intel vs AMD build (asking as this seems to be an intel build)?

Also any recommendations for a decent/good 120hz 27” (or bigger) monitor to add?

ndnikola
Jan 11, 2019
Many thanks for the responses. Starting to look like the ABS you suggested Pilfered may be a good fit for my budget, paired with a gigabyte m27Q 27” screen (1440p, 170hz). Keeps my budget under a neat 2k CAD which doesn’t seem unreasonable.