Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Butterfly Valley posted:

There's no need for angry debating, there's been numerous studies by people with way more time and equipment than the rest of us have to study the minutae and 'blob in the middle' is absolutely all you need. The physically inevitable result of smooshing two surfaces together takes care of the distribution and the way to check is seeing if your temps are in line with other people. No need to stress yourself beyond that.

I used the pre-applied stuff that came on the cpu cooler fan, my computer is going to explode and kill me with a bunch of shrapnel isn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Got my micro center build today. I felt like the angry old man that I am because of the rgb lighted stuff that I don't really care for. Then I realized there's a setting that lights the fans according to your CPU temps, so my science nerd appreciates it.

Most frustrating part of getting it going was the 1 hour and 50 minutes I spent with Microsoft support (after it taking me 10 minutes to find an actual number) to transfer my win 10 license over.

Man, I forgot what it's like to open up a game and everything just...works without me turning all the graphics options to minimum.

Agreed on the old man front - I caved and got a glass panel case because that seemed to be the best case design option and I couldn't get one that was opaque. I managed to escape my build without RGB fans and RGB memory, but my GPU had a bunch of RGB customization options. I turned the light off....