Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Are micro atx boards fine for fitting a 4090 onto? Would the monstrosity of a card cover things like nvme slots or be too cramped? Is a normal atx preferred? Because matx are more readily available and priced better usually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Is the asrock b760 pro rs fine for a ddr5 lga 1700 board?

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

A new build I asked a quote on:

Intel 14700 KF
ASUS PRIME B760-PLUS DDR5
Gskill 2x32gb ddr5 6000
Palit 4060ti 16gb
id-cooling se 214 xt pro 120mm black pwm premium high end cpu cooler

Now the supplier is coming back and recommending I rather choose a z790 mboard and a bigger cpu cooler because "otherwise the cpu will underperform a lot".
What?

I'm not planning on overclocking, this is a business machine

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Yeah, we're gonna need to know the use case for this "business machine" because it certainly isn't specced out like one. And Doombat is right—the chosen cooler will hold back the 14700KF, and if you don't care about that then why are you getting one?

Maybe I had too much to drink when I chose the term "business machine", but generally it'll be used for photoshop, some after effects work and maybe some gpu rendering. I wasn't aware that times have changed so much that if you don't have an oversized cooling system your performance will be trash