Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

lih posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKOJ2_XrKrY

here's the full starting classes info complete with full stats & descriptions for anyone curious

Is Arcane a skippable stat? I haven’t followed media on ER at all since I know I’ll get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
That write up made me choose Vagabond since it has the lowest Arcane and you don’t need that many level ups to make a magic fighter hybrid with it like the article said

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I like the Wretch idea of starting with nothing but I like the Vagabond stats too much so I’m going to unequip everything except the long sword or halberd at the very beginning to get the gameplay of both!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I hope Talisman choices are interesting instead of FaP/Third Dragon/Favor on every character last 3 souls games but considering one of the starting gifts is boring +HP I’m not getting my hopes up

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
In the other games you could farm every material except the final one that gets stuff to +10 of which there’s about 3 per NG

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I took off tomorrow for Horizon 2 and the 25th for Elden Ring and there’s a bunch of stuff in March that interests me, this is a really good year for video games

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Elex 2
Strangers in Paradise
Kirby
Weird West

Or I could be on my 5th ER playthrough

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I’m going Vagabond and unequipping everything except either the long sword or halberd immediately after the opening cutscene then living off the land. I’ll probably replace the starting weapon with something that combos or a big weapon first thing I find to get that wretched feel

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

I spend like 30 seconds in the character creator (make sure I have wide child-bearing hips) since I'm gonna be wearing some cool helmet for the entire game.

Dancer armor in DS3 gave you a nice butt

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Time to preorder on ps4poor

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Where do you find a basic catalyst? I keep finding sorcery vendors but none of them sell catalysts

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Holy crap I still have not found a catalyst or someone who sells one, I'm starting to regret going Str/Int

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I found a merchant that sells the Astrologer's gear!!! North of the Church of Irith in the Liurna of the Lakes, 16 int requirement though :(

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

VictualSquid posted:

I started out as a wretch, as many recommended.
A bit annoyed that I found almost no equipment before finding shops for the category. Except for greatswords, curved greatswords and great-rapier.
Anyways I am planning to spec into sourcery, but I can't find any catalysts. Can someone give me a hint. I found a store that sells talismans, a sorcery seller without staffs, a city of sorcery with dad-mask sorcerers that kick my rear end. But no catalysts.
Can anybody give me a tip?

North of Church of Irith there's a merchant that sells the Astrologer's gear, 16 int req for their staff

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I FINALLY FOUND AN EARLY CATALYST!!!!

Go south to the weeping peninsula in Limgrave and there's a ruin that's in the west that has a boss that drops a str 6 int 10 req staff

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
:woop: Beat Godrick with the NPC alive, hopefully that satisfied any quest requirements

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
lol had a horseback miniboss bug out and kill itself, free loot!

Not sure how I feel about the open world, probably coming off Horizon but the point A to B with just collecting crafting materials is kinda boring and there's a lot of it. I can see how the mini dungeons are going to get repetitive with how long this game seemingly is

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Oh snap the reward for beating Godrick with the NPC is a havel's ring equivalent.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Harrow posted:

Two questions:

1. How rare are smithing stones? I'm afraid to upgrade anything because I have no idea when I'll get more.

2. Are there any interesting or good low-ish requirement weapons around Limgrave? You can spoil locations for me, I don't care. I still don't have anything other than the broadsword I started with.

If you find a mine you'll be swimming in them, otherwise you kinda need to explore everywhere if you upgrade a bunch of different stuff. Castle dungeons also tend to have a lot of them too.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
How loving big is the first area?!? I've yet to reach the borders of the map and I keep finding poo poo. Is this game front loaded and the other areas are tiny or something?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Okay I think I finished Limgrave and went north to Liurna and it definitely doesn't seem as dense with activities, mostly enemy patrols, but I'm probably missing a ton of stuff anyways.

With how freakishly high some of these weapon requirements are, like I have some special weapons that have 3 stat requirements, I'm guessing the game is expecting you to reach a very high level

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

roomtone posted:

i keep turning the game off as a concession to moderation, but what happens is i just come and read posts about it then half an hour later i'm ready to play again

I played a gross amount yesterday and I'm still lukewarm on the open world but I can't. stop. playing.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Raya Lucaria/Hogwarts spoilers Holy poo poo getting trapped by the Iron Maiden things teleports you into a super nasty prison area worst than the bagmen in BB or the meme chest

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
So do you only get the benefit of a great rune when a rune arc is used? I don't see my stats increased from just having one equipped

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is there a hidden entrance/treasure in Kingsrealm Ruins? I’ve cleared just about all of it but I’ve not seen/earned anything here.

Yes, you have to attack down, look for player messages on the groud, I gave up because that boss is too hard

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Harrow posted:

Also I am considering starting over because I think I spent every guaranteed Smithing Stone [1] in Limgrave and I spread them too thinly across different weapons so now I'm too weak for Stormveil Castle. I managed to beat Margit but everything past then and my weapons feel way too weak. I should've known better.

The alternative is trying to farm them but I think I've seen maybe two drop ever so that seems like it's a good way to burn out and not want to play again for a long time.

I just found how to get unlimited 1 and 2 stones if you're willing to tough it out and go explore Liurna

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dandywalken posted:

plz share. I will head there at once

I can't find it now lol but there's a tunnel northeast of the academy and the reward for beating the boss is a bell bearing for the maiden husks that let's them sell 1/2 stones

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I just unlocked respeccing and it's totally not a late game boss like the OP says lol.

The respec item might be very rare though

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

KidDynamite posted:

what is even going on in this library?? this invader npc ai is atrocious

Carian Study Hall? You go there after you get the Liurian Great Rune, I had to spoil myself because I got to the top and couldn't go higher but apparently it's a whole quest you'll have to come back later with A Thing

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I think I'm going to respec to Str/Fth after hearing all the grumbling about sorcery not being that hot and glitterstone pebble losing it's usefulness. Also I need a way to get rid of poison and I never found the recipe for antidotes

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Orv posted:

Does anyone remember which vendor has babies first sorcery stick, I can't find it for the life of me.

I don't know if anyone sells the very basic catalyst, but if you go to Weeping Peninsula there's a ruin westish that has an overworld boss that drops a 6 str, 10 int catalyst which is similar

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I've been lucky and have gotten through everything with how I played DS3: r1 spam and rolling. Except I have to block now occasionally and use a shield

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I just realized map fragments are marked on your map by those monument markers after 32 hours of gameplay

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I boosted my dex and faith. Is there some weapon or infusion that will let me scale with both?

Quality infusion makes it scale with both

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Wow my flask is up to +9 and it still only requires one sacred tear, I'm up to 10 charges but it's at 4 golden seeds to get another charge. I really hope there's no hard limit to your flask this game and you can have a ridiculous super flask

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Is there a way to turn on invasions without co-oping? I kinda miss player invasions when randomly exploring

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Hulk Krogan posted:

I'm only like level 34 but I don't think dipping into sorceries is gonna hurt you because it does give you some nice utility. I've been playing a melee focused Prisoner, but magic weapon + glintstone arc are really nice to have.

Yeah. You have to kill that jerk in Roundtable Hold.

Thanks, I've had that for awhile, I really need to get back to reading item descriptions

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm at the capital with 2 great runes, I'm not going to accidentally finish the game am I? I assume not and this is the equivalent of DS1's meeting Gwynevere

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

doctor iono posted:

correct. i'm about two areas past that now, its definitely the anor londo equivalent from what i can tell.

Thank you! This thread moves so fast and I figured as much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

goferchan posted:

Lol I just realized that the "Hero's Grave" underneath the tutorial cave is a TYPE of dungeon, like "Catacombs" or whatever. There are more, and that was the easy one

I had the boss bug out and just stand still when I got it to 50% health, it let me wail on it. It's okay because I fought an elemental version of it earlier that didn't bug out and had way more hp