Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
So, the self healing from the butchers blade has been working pretty well with my very sloppy play style, along with heavy armor, icon shield, and Regen Talisman. Rather than get good, I would like to aim for the absolute theoretical tankiness I could get to. Any advice beyond Bull-Goat set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
Oh poo poo, really?

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
The poison moth strategy sounds like I'm trading fp for damage, which sounds like fp that could be used for tank. The poison mist sounds like a good idea though

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
Update to my journey to be just the Tankiest. I've spent so much time at full health, that I've decided to ditch the shield in favor of the second Great Stars you can get. L1 is my healing now, and full Bull-Goat is my shield.

It's fun. Never ran out of stamina so fast before though.

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.

Epic High Five posted:

Might I draw your attention to the ash of war Prayerful Strike, the greatest friend to an all Vigor and stam build and pairs nicely with a great hammer

Oh, it's on there alright.
Speaking of healing on hit, how good is the Godskin Swaddling Cloth? I'm already spamming L1 for that double 1% heal on hit, shouldn't really need to change my lack of strategy by putting that thing on. Unless it's full of weird caveats and doesn't heal as much as it should.

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.

Epic High Five posted:

It's probably worth a shot but I never had any real luck with successive hit anything on big heavy weapon builds. The swaddling cloth itself is complicated in how it works tho so may be forgiving. It may work with Prelate's Charge as well but ultimately imho if it's FP you're spending you already have the better option

No FP needed, it's a Talisman. Seems to proc every 5th hit with hammers, which means every 5 swings gives me an extra 3% of my health bank, on top of the 5% from the hammers. It's doing a fantastic job of keeping me topped off, while Prayerful Strike I use when I get a bit too beaten down. I think the Mimic is healing me with it's strikes as well.

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
My God, I finally beat the game for the first time. My terrible build right before choosing an ending.

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
I think the final boss is going to be an Albinaruic who's strength is directly tied to how many Albinaruic's you've killed on that account

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
Looks like the guys name is Messmer the Impaler

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.

euphronius posted:

I’ve never heard of Great Stars. I need to get it

The Great Stars is amazing. My only attempts at Melania and Maliketh involved the strategy of Run up, bonk a boss, run back, repeat. The Great Stars hit hard enough that you and a mimic can almost stun lock Melania through most of that fight, and freezing pots mean you can knock her out of her Waterfowl Dance before she really lays the pain.

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
So, I never played Sekiro. If the DLC copies the leveling scheme from that, what does that actually entail? Do you think that you'll basically unlock ways to lower enemy scaling in regions?

If so, maybe I try this arcane scaling on the Great Stars I keep hearing about.

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
Oh huh, Occult weapons are pretty badass. Swapped over from pumping strength to minimum strength for Great Stars, and put the remainder into Arcane. Lost only 17 attack power, but Blood Loss Buildup went from 50 to 108. This was a good thing. Going to miss Prayerful Strike though

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
I came into this game, aiming for the platinum, and drat if I'm relieved it's not as ridiculous as the others.

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.

Steve Yun posted:

Woman beats Malenia using only her butt

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7348415754842197280

DontRachQuit has 12 hours on YouTube of her butt run

https://m.youtube.com/@drqvods/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

I 100% thought I was about to see someone play a game with their rear end better than I can with my hands.

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
I ruthlessly murdered Rykard, by equipping the Serpent Lance and then ganging up on him with my favorite NPC, Mimic Tear.

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
Hey, I like this frequently being summoned thing that's happening around RL150, are there any other established 'metas', possibly higher?

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.
I've heard arguments that the poo man ending isn't as bad as it seems (possibly smells).

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.

No Dignity posted:

I don't think anything good is going to come from the delusional serial killer doing sexual abuse to everyone or that deliberately creating a hell on earth is a desirable outcome, personally

Woah now, it's not sexual abuse. It's defiling a corpse. Completely different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.

Mustached Demon posted:

You can straight up bully malenia until she's a puddle of rotted blood soup with power stance great stars jump attacks. Especially with your trusty mimic pal. They're not slow if she's recoiling or pancaked.

This is what I did and I bullied the poo poo out of her. Only had to fight her once