Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok, I gotta ask, is it possible to enter the Godrick fight from the back? I put off that castle until exploring most of the map and obviously didn't find the exit until beating him, so now Im curious because I literally walked right by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Orv posted:

It is not.

Booooo (but fair)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Frankston posted:

Have we figured out what lights of grace are pointing to? I thought they were just guiding to the next main story beat but my map is covered in them pointing in all different directions.

They point to each zones main story stuff

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just fought the boss that guards unlimited smithing stones 1 and 2 and it was finally a battle for just guard countering and a reward thats good as hell.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im glad theres free respec. It being behind a capstone boss with multiple phases who has massive magic resistance is... a choice

The Walrus posted:

got to the gold fog gate in the castle with my unupgraded greatsword.. think I might just leave it and go do something other than the critical path... I don't even have any upgrade mats that aren't for like plus 5 weapons lol I think I skipped like a third of the game

The difference between a +1 and +11 that Im rocking is the difference from "struggle on every boss" to "gently caress off Rannala"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dunno what I'm missing to progress in the Raya tower but the named enemy in there can suck a fat one. gently caress yeah infinite mp teleporting. Fuuuuck you.

Also while the AI bosses won't fall off cliffs anymore and seemingly no longer take fall damage, you can lure elites and named enemies into elevator pits which will kill them and give you their items. Very handy for the the knight in lower stormveil and the named guy guarding Ranalas boss door.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

This game like making GBS threads out the +6 and above upgrade mats and refusing to give you the +1 stuff.

Its really weird.

In the Luria lake right by the tower on legs with a bell underneath it there is a cave whose boss guards infinite tier one and two smithing stones from the shop. The boss seems doable for anyone with a 100% physical damage block shield and a willingness to guard counter its insanely telegraphed single hit moves.

They stones are expensive as hell though, 800 and 1600 respectively

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh hello DS1 Basilisks, I did not miss you

Edit: oh those sre their eyes this time, not the exact same

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fuckin hell all the cool zones are underground aren't they

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Danger posted:

There’s a battle for this? I missed out. There’s a
giant scholar just before Cairan Manor or whatever that sells stones 1-4 and acts as a blacksmith. No fight required.

Those are somber stones. Generics (which you need to upgrade most things) require unlocking

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Seriously why does Margit have so many tools and tries to teach you too many things at the same time? He's got combos and attacks with staggered timings and magic attacks that break through defense and big gently caress off area of effect attacks and long range attacks and he can string any of these in any order he wants and fifty gorillion hp. It's too much for one boss

Despite the game giving you no indication, hes not remotely the first boss you can or should be fighting

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok, where the gently caress is Blaidd after he fucks off to look for the city. Buddy, I have a witch who wants everyone to die to work for

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Delorence Fickle posted:

Somehow ended up in a place called Siofra River and holy poo poo the elevator ride took a good while to get down there. That place has an underground night sky and dammit its huge and beautiful.

Wait to you unlock its creepy as hell sisters

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theres gotta be at least two endings right? Based on Ranni's questline?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My favorite mini encounter so far is Midsormar town and the nearby windmill where they murdered a bunch of nobles and now dance around their corpses.

Its also a bit unexpected the game bluntly spells out to you Roderika's backstory in the item description for the red hood, thats not usually how from does it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The triangular brass shield early enemies drop is the best medium shield and is so stupidly good that greatshields feel like something you should only ever do if your maximizing strength exclusively, and even them you'll get mostly small gains.

Robo Reagan posted:

What's the consensus on acquiring arrows? Souls feel a lot less abundant than previous games, at least in the first area, but farming dumbass sheep for bones is boring and lame

I don't use them because gently caress interacting with crafting.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stalins Moustache posted:

Do the golden markers leading away from the bonfires mean anything? I made my way to the southern region where I was asked to deliver a letter to a castle. I went to the castle, delivered the letter, killed the boss, got an achi, but the map still has those golden markers leading south. Did I miss anything?

They don't seem to go away when you finish them, they just sort of point to the zones primary objective.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mia Antifa posted:

Mid gamish? radahn can suck a fat one. Fromsoft really be pushing the limit on some of these bosses.

That one is absolutely intended to be the toughest of the early zone bosses since endgame quests and areas are locked behind beating him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

i've diligently been collecting every single recipe book and have entered the crafting menu a grand total of zero times

Same.

Wait no I opened it once to learn what you can make, was disappointed, and havent touched it since.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

And I'll fuckin kick your rear end a third time if you show your face again.

Seriously, thats the easiest refight in the series

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh hello again, Smough. Its just so nice see you again <leaves a white mark that says get a load of this but hole>

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Frankston posted:

Question about paintings - do I need to go to the location that's the focus of the painting, or do I go to where the painters POV was?

Painters POV. Its really poorly explained.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im kind of dissapointed how many minibosses/bosses get reused. Like yeah, it happened in Dark Souls but these are literally the same exact dudes just with some variation in HP pools.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vermain posted:

similarly, every side dungeon having exactly two tilesets (stone ruins or generic caverns) with the same exact lighting and boxy neverwinter nights-style layout is really harshing my exploratory groove

The fact they copy pasted the literal exact same tunnel in front of elevator with two jumps down on the left side so you can get down safely from the secret room is such a minor thing but its so glaring that every, single, mine has this exact chamber.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That boss pissed me off mainly because it was so loving hard to make a punch connect, even the jumping ones

Tier 3 bats I got the same problem with

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Artelier posted:

Okay, hardest enemy I've fought so far is (spoiler shows Carian Study Hall)Prespector Miriam. I have no ideas. Guess I need some sort of ranged attack?

They're just an absolute butthead but you can do it without any ranged attack.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The person in charge of dungeon teleporter points is a real jerk. Aka Azuria Heroes dungeon is a loving powerful rudeness for each attempt

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

So, is the Turtle Talisman the best one in the game? Cause that stamina buff seems to be even better than the Grass Crest Shield from DS1. :stare:

Turtle buff is insanely good, yes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fruits of the sea posted:

lol ok he can be parried but 2nd phase he starts flying :darksouls:

This is some next level poo poo compared to the black knights in DS1

Thats why you lure him into the hole the elevator leaves behind instead

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Frankston posted:

I just realised you can find out exactly where a map is for an area

on the map screen there will be a little monument icon where the map fragment will be.

Dont worry, some later zones this is borderline useless because the zone only has one actual road through it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Loving that theres some bug in my game so I have a fake imp key in my inventory. Glad I took that as my starting gift!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

a.p. dent posted:

can somebody give me a vague clue where to find the entrance to the stormveil dungeon? feels like i’ve been everywhere (haven’t beaten godrick yet)

Its behind margit, the first boss the game directed you to

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gunder posted:

Is it really not possible to compare items in the shop with what you're currently wearing?

Nope, and its a bizarre complete oversight!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theres an illusory wall thats like, glaringly mandatory on the overworld to access the wizard bonus zone/people who want to do what I'm assuming is alternate ending #1

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Furthest left hand side ridge, going north. You'll eventually hit a wall that blocks the only bridge to the other side with a blacksmith behind it (who sells infinite somber stones so why do I get the ability to unlock that in the roundhold????). Its illusory and you have to hit it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Books On Tape posted:

How gimped am I by the heavy load debuff? I know it makes my roll slower but Should I be focusing on lighter armor or pumping endurance? Is the trade off for faster rolling worth it?

Slow roll is basically useless which can be ok until you fight any of the many bosses who make shield tanking a huge pain. Further rolling gives you I-frames while getting up from a knockdown state/exit that state early whereas you will 100% die if you think "oh I'll just do like enemies do and start blocking the second I stand back up"

Im baffled that the game still removes your lock on when you stab something and it lives.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Don't forget, mines are little red splotches on the map so as you uncover new zones you can always find them.

Blood Slash is ridiculously unbalanced versus its cost and cast speed, that is getting nerfed there is no way that stays.

Breath of the Wild is a bad game, this is at least good, even if its got some issues

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sapozhnik posted:

Excellent, will check it out. Thanks!

Also where is Godrick Castle at?

Its Stormveil Castle and its the thing behind Margit. Do not worry about Margit until you have at least a +3 weapon and feel like your build is coming into its own. I had already opened up the Atlas plateau before I ever fought him, you're not in a rush.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

a kitten posted:

I guess I expected the Two Fingers to be some kind of metaphor or something i guess :stonklol:

I wish it wasn't so drat hard to find out what the deal with the religion is. Theres even some sort of doctrinal schism but like gently caress if I know, just gonna pledge loyalty to the woman who wants to kill everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

Ah, that's possible. I'm a dummy so I started out with a nakedboi, maybe still having just a 10 in whatever the FP stat is doesn't cover a summon, or I'd already used some through a weapon art.

Theres a lot of restrictions on them, you should have enough FP default to summon all the early ones.

1) Need to have a summoning bell in your inventory
2) Need to "use" the ashes not equip it like a spell to a slot then cast using the bell
3) Can only be used in boss fights that have fog doors, and only if you have not maxed the amount of coop partners.