Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This game is a dark souls prequel. You play as the nameless king. The "tarnished" refers to your royal status and the real reason the king has always been unnamed is because the player names them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm glad they're broadening their horizons and implementing lots of different things but if you can't roll through every type of attack then i will have to refund the game. that's the only thing i can do. i've tried

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can't wait to buy all the dlc for this sucker. This big fucker

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they should go ahead and put in a version of the executioner's chariot battle arena but it's mounted combat and you have to leap over more and more holes that open up while fighting or something. Don't know. Elden Ring

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if I get stuck somewhere i'm going to level up and gain lots of power and health. I'll work hard

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i expect the co-op only invasions to be gone within a week

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Logan 5 posted:

TBH, I wouldn't be so sure. Yeah PVP has a core group of fans and helps keeps a lot of soulsborne games alive, but are definitely just a vocal minority. I'm sure they do want to balance co-op/PVP, but the focus is always the single player's experience.

They tipped their hand about it. "However, Fromsoft and Bandai Namco would like community feedback on this, as this decision is not yet final." Most people aren't going to provide pre-release feedback but that vocal minority sure will. No way to tell how much feedback they'll need to change it but I would expect at least a risk/reward item that allows solo invasions. Maybe an "even more HP, but" type of thing or higher item drop rate.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like to wear the grass shield. it smell good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the hyper armor weapon art will be my shield. not the buff one. the other one

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the milk creighton challenge

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope there's a cute little secret garden you can find and plant seeds that you've found throughout the open world that provide different small but appreciable benefits when you pick their fruit. and you can find sweet puppys and take care of them. i freaking love this game

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm so glad it really is dark souls and not just kinda but not

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's going to be a lot of exact clones of dark souls weapons in the game, and they're going to have my exile greatsword and that's good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please draw the erdtree in mspaint

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I like how it's awful and lovely

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the game was delayed to add the pot man, due to the love for the little pot children

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ooooohhhh

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you need to save your stamina for constantly hopping around during duels

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

are the npc/creature summons a one-use item or something you collect and have?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please datamine a nice grappling hook for me. some item that lets you do 4 or 5 extra doublejumps in the air would be acceptable as well

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm glad the stupid area full of lava and half of a dinosaur copy and pasted 100 times exists. it wouldn't exist anywhere else and i'm happy to have seen it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think they should have made it so the swamp judicator in the ringed city, who summons elden ring spirits, would not respawn after you killed it. And when you killed him, he dropped an airboat

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the moon is the crown you have to take, and put it on your noggin

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't like seeing arguments about vaati. anyone got some arguments about how they named the only important women melania and melena. send me a PM

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i forgot to mention queen mereka and her daughters melene and milaneia. as well as mequena whose blade melania was mentioned already. I appreciate no one correcting me. this (fromsoft) is the greatest community in gaming.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 11, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

fake leaks must be treated the same as real ones. I'm sorry.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i haven't been able to get past any non-railroad parts of the souls series because i have face blindness which makes it impossible for me to remember which npcs and enemies are which

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's an open field game. Stop lying about what it is.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everywhere is good in Dark Souls. If you don't like somewhere, not my problem

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

souls games are only trial and error to the extent that you haven't (or haven't tried) to develop observation and pattern recognition skills; the games have a common "language" with respect to both level layout and enemy tells that transfers from zone to zone and even enemy to enemy to a certain extent. the games will occasionally gently caress with you later on but it's basically as a joke (like there'll be an enemy who behaves in an inconsistent manner but is twice as slow as normal, so you actually only get got if you're running on pure muscle memory autopilot) and the penalty is never as bad as it is for loving up normally

imo their reputation for difficulty doesn't even come from the fact that they're all that hard in absolute terms but more, i think, from the fact that they're games that get more fun the better you are at them instead of the standard AAA approach of repetitive bullshit that gambles everything on first impressions and removing friction

i really like what you said, and how you said it. It's truer than hell in my opinion and some big prize tickets are heading your way

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tenchu 3 was even better! when it comes to having a good opening theme song. maybe nothing else. don't know

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

people overlook that solaire has a nice substantial gut.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

7J or J7. the secret island accidentally revealed. he will continue to help any time

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like to worryingly spin my little souls character in tight circles while standing in a room where i don't know what's in the next room

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

their best selling game only sold like 3 million on the same platform. if bloodborne was on xbox and pc it would be up around the other games. probably more than DS2 and Sekiro

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

plenty of room for abstruse games and games that are the diametric opposite:'well-designed'. i thought games with any budget at all like dark souls would stop existing for a while there when valve was signposting or outright deleting alternate 15 meter pathways that loop back around to where you started because their testers wouldn't stop taking the loop back over and over forever

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the bad textures and stuff would be hidden by all the darkness. Dark is the mother of all. All things were born from it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i only don't like a couple bosses. and those ones i still don't have any hate for. You might say i'm a greedy, nasty, tasteless little goblin who just wants more bosses and more souls (the currency) or equivalent

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you had to use souls combat to cut down trees and like hurl chaos bed vestiges to cook your food then i'd be ok with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i haven't been playing any souls games within a couple month buffer period so that i don't feel extra annoyed about some of the slightly different controls, like a little baby.